2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1244 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

superb

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2002 and have 110000 miles on it. It doesn't use a drop of oil between oil changes and except for having to change warped break rotors twice has been completely trouble free. It is not a particularly good 4WD vehicle at least as far as the gearing goes. Not geared low enough. For general dirt road use it's good but I would choose my old Tacoma over the Tundra if rugged use was a factor. Long trips are a joy in this truck. I'm 6' 3" and find it extremely comfortable. Decent gas milage on long trips too. I'll average 21MPG on a long road trip and with my average daily driving it goes down to about 16.2 MPG. I drive no more than 60MPH in order to conserve gas. I love this truck!"

Roget Truck

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I have a 2006 TDR Tundra. So far so good, this truck is good over all; it’s a 4.7 lit engine 271hp. This is my first truck and I really like it. It is a 4WD with is good when I take it for a little off road on hunting trip. I would recommend it for out doors and pulling around 7,000lb. It has a 22 gal tank from witch I get 290 to 325 miles. Over all it’s a good truck by Toyota."

Tundra

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"My Tundra has been great, 18-20 mpg on the highway. Can pull good, my only complaint is it needs a little more leg room. This has really been adressed in a huge way with the new Tundra"

bought 2nd tundra!

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"had 05 doublecab sr5 tundra. loved it SO much that I bought an 06 limited! had two Z71 silverados before these two and they were junk! toyota is simply the best truck your hardearned money can buy! they work hard and last forever! will pull anything and I blew the doors off a F150 supercrew 5.4 tritan 4x4 with us both pulling two 4wheelers up the same mountain in tennessee! i bought the 06 due to the 07 is just too big for what I need. I think if toyota offer both versions they would sell both real well! thanks toyota!"

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Great utility and styling. I've been able to tow or haul any load I need and cart up to 5 passengers around when needed. I get a number of compliments on its look. On the downside, I get little worse MPG than advertised and it's a truck when it comes to comfort."

It's All Good Except Brakes

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"I love my Tundra, what a great truck. BUT only exception is the braking system. Toyota equipped the truck with calipers that were too small for the weight of the truck which has resulted in warped rotors. I had to get all new brakes and rotors at 27,000 mile. They (Toyota) put on bigger calipers. Still has the same problem, rotors warp with the trucks carry no loads and being driven on flat terrain. I can't afford to keep replacing these rotors being warped by inadequate calipers!"

problems problems

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Between the recalls and the repairs, my tundra is nowhere near "bulletproof". Liked my F 150s much more."

Good, dependable truck

By on Friday, August 3, 2007

"I have owned my Tundra V6 SR5 Access Cab since 2002. The truck has proven to be very dependable. We haven't had any trouble except a recall on front ball joints, which was replaced quickly by Toyota. The truck took a hit on the passenger side that resulted in 5000.00 to repair and never drove any different...even before it was repaired. Even with the V6 it has enough power to pull anything we have attached to it, plus we enjoy the extra gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't want to go drag racing or anything, but for normal driving/towing, it does a good job."

Excellent truck

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2000 and love it! I am giving it to my teenage daughter to drive and am confident it will be a safe and reliable truck for her."

Great Truck that never lets me down.

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage less than average"

"These trucks seem to run forever. Not so great on gas but that is to be expected from the first generation full size truck from Toyota. Solid power and towing. Good level of comfort to drive in and great low noise cab for a 14 year old model. Highly recommend."

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, durable and relatively trouble free."

Cons: "It's a light duty truck tho not a problem for me"

"All things mechanical should perform as well as this truck. I just completed my 180,000 mile maintenance schedule and expect the truck to be as trouble free for the next 50,000 as it was in the past. Mostly I just keep up with oil changes and replace normal wear items like batteries, tires and wiper blades. It has the 4.7 litre V-8 and delivers 20mpg on the road so long as I keep it under 65. It does everything I want it to do and isn't bankrupting me in the process"

Mechancally sound,confortable, great shape

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Great driving truck ,great shape, no known problems,tires look new..white 4 door , large cab..8,9500.00 firm"

Happy with my Tundra BUT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle,long ownership"

Cons: "Cheap hardware(knobs,handles,too much plastic)"

"Drove a 1990 pickup with over 350000mi.(speedometer stopped working 3 yrs.prior to purchasing my 2002 Tundra SR3 ext.cab).Ran like a top.The new 2002 has also been very reliable but Had to replace turn knobs for air and heat controls and side window handles twice within 2 yrs of purchase. Although manufacturer has stayed with good running vehicles- they dropped the ball by installing cheap hardware on it."

Best vehicle I've owned.

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought new in 2000 and have never had any problems with it at all."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

"Bought new in 2000 for real Estate management business. Sold the business shortly after buying the truck,hence the low mileage. Had to replace the starter @ 65K. Other than that no problems. the only thing I do not like is the back doors which open forward. Hard to load in tight spaces."

Best truck I ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, comfort. durability"

Cons: "Small back seat."

"I bought this truck new in 2000. I used it for work putting 30K to 35K annual miles on it for the first five years. These were tough miles because I worked for a timber company and drove on logging roads much of the time. I used the four wheel drive almost every day. Since then I put 6K miles per year on it. Used for hunting, fishing, towing and hauling as well as normal driving. It still runs like new. Engine does not leak or use oil. Replaced the transmission at 192K. That is longer than any other automatic I have owned or used. I may keep this truck forever. This truck even has the original exhaust system on it."

Super Duty Tundra

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Dependable. Reliable. Cheap to Keep on the Road."

Cons: "Cost of gas."

"I bought the truck new August 2006. 185700 miles later and I am still loving it. It drives almost as good and tight as the day I bought it. No (0) leaks. Does not burn any oil. Average 19+mpg. Max mpg was 23. Lowest I have ever got was 14 when I was pulling a big trailer. 4.7V8. I had a brake problem from day one. When applying brakes it made a horrible racket. It did not matter if it was wet or dry; SQUEEKE, GRIND, and more awful noises. Dealership replaced ALL brake parts around 50k miles. NO problems after this. The A/C blower went out. $120 DIY fix. 4WD performs flawlessly. Transmission works flawlessly. I have pulled a camper and boat with no problems. I LOVE the rear power window and my sun roof - open both, turn on some Hank, and let the good times roll. My 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD has been EXCELLENT!!"

Solid, quiet and smooth. Power and handling exc

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "great handling, smooth, solid"

Cons: "difficult for shorter drivers to operate"

"Excellent truck for around town hauling. easy to handle, good turning radius, roomy. very smooth and quiet on the highway like riding in a luxury car but also feels solid and capable under less than ideal conditions."

Good ride, almost no maintenance costs.

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

"In 13 years I have replaced 1 headlight, 2 taillights, and an oxygen sensor."

Quality Everyday Truck - Toyota did this right!

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Cost of ownership, reliability, ageless design"

Cons: "Wish the 2004 tundras had a 5 or 6 speed tranny"

"Purchased this truck in 2008 as a certified pre-owned from Toyota dealership in Dallas. Went to look at the new Tacoma; but saw this rig sitting in the corner of the used area. Every time I take it in for an oil change, the mechanics tell me how great the truck looks and runs and that it is one of the nicest pre big body tundras they see in their shop. I keep it in a garage and use it mainly for highway driving - sometimes pulling a 16 ft flat bottom aluminum boat. Pulls just fine with or without tow/haul mode engaged. Every once in a while I will hit a dirt trail, and if I had 4 wheel drive I would certainly give it a whirl. In the 80,000 miles that I have put on it here is what I have had to do for maintenance/ repair: - Change Oil and Filter every 5k - Currently on my 2nd set of tires(just bought 2nd set in June) - I installed a K&N cold-air induction and my fuel mileage went to 20.5 hwy/ 16 city from 18/14 - worth every penny! - Passenger electric mirror motor went out, replaced it with dealer part. - A/C knob got loose and would not stay on, replaced it with dealer part. - Driver side interior door handle (not the one that opens the door, just the bar you pull on to pull the door shut) gets loose every 6 months and you have to take the door apart to tighten the nut back up. No biggie. - Had front rotors replaced and new pads installed at the dealership at 110k due to small vibration when braking at speeds above 40mph. After repair - no more vibration. I have owned Ford and Chevy trucks in the past -and this Tundra is superior regarding unscheduled maintenance and cost of ownership outside of monthly payments. Of course, the previous trucks I have owned may not have been cared for as well as this toyota - and I may have not cared for my previous trucks as well as I do this one. However, on my previous trucks there were substantial mechanical issues arising at the 100k mile mark and this Toyota has blown right past that. Would buy this truck again in a heart beat!"

Awesome truck. Looks good, runs great. RELIABLE!!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love this truck. Good looking, reliable, drives like a car. NEVER a mechanical issue in 91,000 flawless miles. No one builds a better truck for the money than Toyota. You work hard for your money, spend it on quality products."

Excellent Pickup - PERIOD!

By on Friday, April 5, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Handling, RELIABILITY"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I would recommend owning one. Bought this in 2011 with 60,000 hard driven miles. This is the first Toyota I've owned. Before this, I was a die hard Chevy/GMC guy. Very comfortable ride and not tiring after 800 miles of driving in a day. I really like how it drives and rides, and easily handles the weekend do-it-yourselfer's jobs. The only downside is the gas mileage. Religiously average between 13-15 mpg with the V8, but that goes with any 12 year old pickup. I definately recommend you give Toyota serious consideration when it comes to purchasing."

Very comfortable on the highway, ok on back roads.

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

"It's a V-6; I get a steady 18mpg, mostly freeway commuting with no load. I had to replace the exhaust valves at 155,000m,for $3000, and a wheel bearing at 170,000m, for $360. I have done the front brakes once at about 145,000m. These seem reasonable for an 11 yr. old truck with high mileage. I would like better mileage and a stick shift, but this truck is paid for, so I'll drive it a ways yet."

My most enjoyable vehicle since learning to drive

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and sturdy"

Cons: "No backup camera and LCD console"

"The only problem with this truck is that Toyota did not keep this design. It is perfect for the weekend tinkerer."

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability, great value, and great resell"

Cons: "None that I can find!"

"Love my 2005 Toyota Tundra! I drive about 80 miles round trip each day for work and for a full sized 4x4 truck with a V8 it gets good gas mileage. I have no complaints about this truck what so ever! I recommend anyone looking for a full/mid sized truck to pick one of these up. And with such a high resell value you can go wrong. I've owned Toyota, Dodge, Nissan, Ford trucks and I always end up going back to a Toyota. Every other brand of truck seems to end up with problems and yet all my Toyota's have never had any major issues. The only issue I have had was a fuel pump and coil pack going out on my Tacoma. And that was after I got up to around 180000 miles on it. If your not sure about spending the extra money on Toyota... DONT! I promise that you wont regret it! But I cant say the same if you buy Ford, Chevy, Nissan, etc. Toyota Owner for Life!"