2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1243 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

My Tundra? Awesome...no other way to say it!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Durable/Reliable/Comfortable/Cost of ownership..."

Cons: "Low fuel economy..."

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7L/V8 4WD was built in June of 2000 in Indiana, U.S.A.! The company may be japanese, but my truck is american. I purchased it used in 2002, for a steal, $16,500 (with a '95 Chevy in trade - it had issues!)! Just looked it up on Kelley Blue Book and is still worth over $8500! Except for normal wear, it's still in great shape, I have done routine maintenance, some minor warrantee-covered repairs, and had a nearly trouble-free ownership experience. The body style gives away its' age, many can't believe it's going on 12 years old. The compliant ride; smooth handling; rattle-free interior with scanty wear; trouble-free mechanical/electrical; all these add up to the best vehicle I've ever owned! The only problem I've had is failing O2 sensors and w/ the check engine light that goes with them - and poor fuel mileage. I am told that the O2 sensors may be partly to blame for the mileage average of only 10-12 mpg, this may be true as I used to get an average 16-18 mpg -- but even this is less than I would have hoped for. Problem is the O2 sensors are $100/ea. and there are four of them to replace, add the labor to that and it gets cost prohibitive -- even considering the efficiency gain, still doesn't pay to replace them. It doesn't change my opinion of this truck, it is AWESOME, and I'll keep it until it gets too expensive to fix -- hopefully, then I'll find a good deal on a new Tundra!"

Awesome vehicle, worth the money!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "all!"

Cons: "none!"

"Sadly an uninsured driver totaled our 04 Dbl cab Tundra and now we are on the look out for one just like the old. It's been extremely reliable. We haven't had to make any repairs and it runs like new, ran I should say. They apparently hold there value really well too. They typically sell for more than Blue Book resale value, which is a good thing unless you are in our situation. We will look for the exact truck. Couldn't be happier with a vehicle. It's so comfortable, powerful and spacious. Toyota has thought of everything! The perfect ride!"

TOYOTA says it all. Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, as tight as the day it was"

"Just like the reviews before me, gas-tires-brakes and a timing belt every 100,000 miles. At the last timing belt replacement I asked the service manager to replace all the hoses and he told me that the hoses were fine and they were designed to last the life of the truck. Not to mention that the dealership did not even stock the hoses since they had no demand..Best money I ever spent on a vechile."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "OVERALL A GREAT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE COULD BE BETTER"

"PURCHASED THIS TRUCK AS A SALVAGE TITLE AND IT HAS PERFORMED LIKE A NEW VEHICLE. IT IS A LIMITED EDITION AND WOULD RECOMMEND A TOYOTA TUNDRA TO ANYONE GREAT PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT"

Great truck

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"This truck has barely seen a mechanic (only for normal up keep) and it has 200k miles on it. It still runs perfect and it gets great gas mileage for a truck."