2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1241 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Excellent manuevability

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, good pick up and go."

"Driving my Tundra has been a pleasure the truck still drives like new, color has not faded shinny as a brand new penny when washed. I am short however seat adjust well to allow me to drive without any visual hindrance i.e. hood does not block view of road. I love being high up see road ahead clearly around other cars in front of me. The height is high so I installed running boards as step up to the driver seat. I love speed, this truck has gitty-up and go along side any other fast vehicles."

THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWN

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I bought my Tundra new in May 2003 with 15 miles on the odometer, ten year later now it has 107,754 miles, it still drives like it just came out of the showroom. It has comfortable ride, super smooth and quiet engine. There are no mechanical problems. I really recommend this truck to everyone."

Best ride

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, best driving"

Cons: "poor fuel mileage"

"The 2006 Tundra access cab 4X4 TRD is the best riding/handling truck I've ever driven. I'm sure that the TRD package has a lot to do with that, it will take speed bumps like they're not even there. The size of the truck is perfect for everyday driving and women will like it over larger trucks. The interior is very comfortable and all the controls are conveniently located. When they first came out with this model I did not like the rear suicide doors, now that I own one I love them. It allows you to access the rear of the cab without walking around a door. Since it is an access cab and not a crew cab the rear seating is more suited for packages rather than passengers. Unlike so many rack & pinion steering systems this truck steers easy and still has a feel for the road, the AC system is ice cold. A set of rear leaf springs were added to aid in towing and only seem to add to the handling. After six years of use, nothing has broken or fallen off, inside or out. The only issue with this truck is the fuel mileage, with the 4X4 package it only gets 12 mpg using E-10 87 octane, 10mpg pulling 4,000 lbs and 8mpg pulling 8,000 lbs. If you can get past the mileage this is the best most dependable truck on the market!"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Safe, good looking, fast, powerful!!"

Cons: "Turning radious a little tight."

"This truck has been so reliable and fun too. We use it for fun and family. We have never had any problems with out Tundra and we would reccomend it to anyone:)"

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

06 Tundra

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Great overall truck. Big Engine, not so heavy truck= very fast. i'm in a lease so i cant put any mods on yet, just the duals i got on the exhuast. it performs well off-road to. I am from WV, so i do alot of off-road driving. only a couple problems i noticed. as with all trucks its ahrd to get traction without weight in the back. the other, the stepside bed doesnt tow as much as the regular bed. of course both with all kinds of trucks, not just toyota. some good things, the engine isnt built into the dashboard, like the new fords. lots of space around the engine, not very foreign design. another great feature, the gas mileage. its incredible for a 4.7 v8 truck."

Out of six new cars/trucks this has been THE BEST!

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, drive and RELIABILITY!!!!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and turning radius"

"Gas mileage has not been the best but the quality of the build and the reliability of this truck are beyond any vehicle I've owned before and do make up for the mpg. I have 306000 miles on this truck and not a single drop of oil being burnt or left on anybody's driveway. It was not built with noisy mufflers and race car horsepower, just rock solid dependability with the good basic essentials. Great truck that is ten years old and going strong!"

Everything you need and a bit of what you want.

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Power, Dependability, amenities"

Cons: "rear axle seals, stiff susspension, road noise"

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra has been worth every penny put into it over the last 8 years. It has been dependable as I have moved across the country and taken many a trip. The truck isn't outlandishly large like full size pick ups now a days, yet after all these years it still packs the power to squeal tires at the touch of a pedal. The dash a gauges are laid out in a fashion that allows you easy access without having to direct your attention away from the road. Handling is great and still crisp. The downsides are the rear axle seals burst every couple years and cost a couple hundred bucks to fix. The suspension is a bit stiff leaving small bumps jarring in their own right and the road noise is a bit loud. All in all, my Tundra has been worth every dollar spent and put in."

My Tundra? Awesome...no other way to say it!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Durable/Reliable/Comfortable/Cost of ownership..."

Cons: "Low fuel economy..."

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7L/V8 4WD was built in June of 2000 in Indiana, U.S.A.! The company may be japanese, but my truck is american. I purchased it used in 2002, for a steal, $16,500 (with a '95 Chevy in trade - it had issues!)! Just looked it up on Kelley Blue Book and is still worth over $8500! Except for normal wear, it's still in great shape, I have done routine maintenance, some minor warrantee-covered repairs, and had a nearly trouble-free ownership experience. The body style gives away its' age, many can't believe it's going on 12 years old. The compliant ride; smooth handling; rattle-free interior with scanty wear; trouble-free mechanical/electrical; all these add up to the best vehicle I've ever owned! The only problem I've had is failing O2 sensors and w/ the check engine light that goes with them - and poor fuel mileage. I am told that the O2 sensors may be partly to blame for the mileage average of only 10-12 mpg, this may be true as I used to get an average 16-18 mpg -- but even this is less than I would have hoped for. Problem is the O2 sensors are $100/ea. and there are four of them to replace, add the labor to that and it gets cost prohibitive -- even considering the efficiency gain, still doesn't pay to replace them. It doesn't change my opinion of this truck, it is AWESOME, and I'll keep it until it gets too expensive to fix -- hopefully, then I'll find a good deal on a new Tundra!"

Awesome vehicle, worth the money!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "all!"

Cons: "none!"

"Sadly an uninsured driver totaled our 04 Dbl cab Tundra and now we are on the look out for one just like the old. It's been extremely reliable. We haven't had to make any repairs and it runs like new, ran I should say. They apparently hold there value really well too. They typically sell for more than Blue Book resale value, which is a good thing unless you are in our situation. We will look for the exact truck. Couldn't be happier with a vehicle. It's so comfortable, powerful and spacious. Toyota has thought of everything! The perfect ride!"

TOYOTA says it all. Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, as tight as the day it was"

"Just like the reviews before me, gas-tires-brakes and a timing belt every 100,000 miles. At the last timing belt replacement I asked the service manager to replace all the hoses and he told me that the hoses were fine and they were designed to last the life of the truck. Not to mention that the dealership did not even stock the hoses since they had no demand..Best money I ever spent on a vechile."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "OVERALL A GREAT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE COULD BE BETTER"

"PURCHASED THIS TRUCK AS A SALVAGE TITLE AND IT HAS PERFORMED LIKE A NEW VEHICLE. IT IS A LIMITED EDITION AND WOULD RECOMMEND A TOYOTA TUNDRA TO ANYONE GREAT PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT"

Great truck

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"This truck has barely seen a mechanic (only for normal up keep) and it has 200k miles on it. It still runs perfect and it gets great gas mileage for a truck."

Love my Tundra

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"Excellent vehicle overall, but pricey to purchase. Even the small block V8, (which is what I have), delivers more than adequate power in almost all situations. I only say "almost all" because, although I haven't run into a situation my little 289 V8 can't deal with, I imagine there are situations that exist that 300 horses can not overcome. ;^) Reliability is excellent, and I have come to expect this from Toyota as I have bought the brand for over twenty years and have NEVER had to have unscheduled maintenance done on any of my vehicles! Interior controls are very intuitive, and are incorporated very organically into the dashboard and steering column. Comfort is also excellent. I have a bad back and sometimes have to drive long distances, but this is never a problem in this truck. The ride is very comfortable, although at highway speeds you can hear road noise. Bottom line: You will spend more to buy this truck, but the reason why is because it is well worth the extra cost. It is "bar none" the best truck on the road!"

Wanna keep forever

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Owned this vehicle for over 10 yrs now. dont want a new one! She hasn't let me down!"

A vehicle thats does not need continual warranty k

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"I am glad GM dealership told me to go somewhere else if I wanted something dependable"

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"Purchased this vehicle brand new in 2003. Never a problem, never a let down. Toyota quality enough said"

Great Truck!!!

By on Saturday, April 4, 2009

"The only thing that i do not like about my 2000 tundra is the way the washer fluid squirts out on the windshield. I have a V8 TRD and have taken it off roading and it has done amazing!!! This truck is great in the snow and very sturdy and safe!!! It is a comfortable truck as long as you do not have to sit in the back seat. The beach seat of the SR5 Access cab is very upright. This truck will be with the money you pay for it!"

Best truck I ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Bought it used, 4yrs. old. Runs smooth as silk, no major mechanical issues yet. Very comfortable."

owned 2 yrs

By on Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Owned truck for 2 yrs now. Trade in value according to KBB is not what I felt it should be. When I check local dealers prices they seem much more in line. Came with the XSP package and a huge rebate. Only issue I have had was with the chrome side steps that were part of the package. They started to chip after 1 year but Toyota replaced both at no charge. Gas milage is horrible but I knew that when I bought it. Lots of room both front and back. 6"3" son in law fits in the back seat with room to spare. Personally, I like it better than the new Tundra's."

best pickup i ever purchased

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"i bought this 2000 tundra sr5 4x4. new in january 2000. i have 175500 miles on it. i've replaced 3 oxygen sensors and the starter was replaced at 170000 miles. this truck still runs good as new. the manifold has been leaking for several years and i understand this has been an issue on this truck. wish i could find a brand new one just like it."

Tough as nails

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I've used this truck for construction work, hauling tile and cement products for a few years. It's a low feature truck when it comes to luxury (manual windows/locks/seats) but has great suspension for ride quality and hauling payload. Down a few horses from my buddies' chevys, but also 1000 lbs lighter. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the truck save a leaky rear axle o-ring (abuse?) which the dealer replaced with no hassle whatsoever."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"I have had Toyota's since I was 18 and stepping up to a Tundra from a Tacoma I was not dissapointed. The double cab is like have a 4 door car and everyone that rides in it can't believe the room they have. Very reliable, this will be a 10+ year vehichle for me. The only gripe is the SR5 package comes with garbage tires. I should have made them swap them with another on the lot. Toyota quality is worth the extra $."

My Tundra

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I have owned my Tundra since new, 2003. I love this truck. Access cab 4.7 motor. I have a power chip installed, a Borla single exit exhaust and a K&N TRD air filter. I also installed the Tornado Fuel Saver. This truck is fasssst. Gas mileage with the fuel saver is superb. I am getting 26mpg+ on the highway. I also installed a Alpine sound system. I am keeping my Tundra for a long time. Buy this truck and you will not be disapointed."