2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

Based on 1014 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Will do anything I want

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "MPG. But, Hey, its a full size truck."

"I know there are a lot of trucks out there to choose from but by far the Tundra is the most well rounded of them all. The other trucks are great trucks and perform well but lack in a few spots. The Tundra really doesn't have any weak spots."

Tundra Grade Work Truck

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quality. fuel consumption, 4x4."

Cons: "It is a 1/2 ton."

"Second Tundra. First is a 2006 Limited driven by my wife. I wanted something new without frills for me even though I am retired. Got the big v-8 and 8 ft bed. I don't know why, but I actually thought that this was a heavy duty truck comparable with a 3/4 ton. Found out differently. it is truly a 1/2 ton and maybe a hd 1/2 ton, but not a 3/4 ton. It is a good truck so far. Best mileage was 20.8 without a load on a 135 mile trip with only 2,000 miles on it. Worst was 15 something, again without a load using it around town and some highway driving. Not bad I guess. Towing it did ok with a hd trailer and another vehicle on it. No mileage recorded because it was a short 50 mile tow. The rear did sag quite a bit though. The other issue is that I don't know if it will take a camper or not. Mileage has been good, performance has been good and quality is good. My true problem is that my last 4 pickups have been 2 Dodge diesel 1 ton duallys and 2 Dodge diesel 3/4 tons. So I am somewhat disappointed in the utility of the truck. But with diesel .60 to .80 cents a gallon more that gas I figured I would try a gas truck. Now I am having second thoughts. maybe after owning it for a while longer I will get a truly better feeling for the truck. Only time will tell."

Traded a 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4 the 2012 Tundra

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cons: "passanger seat is a 4way not 8 way like the driver"

"The Tundra Exceeds all my expectations there are only minor things I miss from my Avalanche like auto wipers, when you locked the doors it locked the tailgate also, the auto start would turn the heat or a/c on and the tire pressure monitors told you how much pressure was in each tire. But beyond that its not even close the Tundras ride and power far exceed the chevy. the saftey features, blue tooth stereo, quality engineering,factory spray-in bed liner, roomy interior and big dog good looking exterior make the Tundra a hard number to beat. Fuel mileage is actually 2 miles better per gallon than the Avalanche, not what the sicke said. And the Whole back window lets down with a push of a button."

Good bye SUV

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Fast roomy rugged"

Cons: "Plastic inside"

"Just got this amazing truck. We had a Sequioa. Then we moved up to a Mercedes Benz 450GL. It was the GL we retired to buy this truck. It's as fast as that M-B. My 4 boys are either almost 6 feet or over 6 foot like me. We just don't fit in the SUV. We got the bench seat CrewMax which is hard to find so that we can bring my teenie wife with us. We love that it is made near our ranch in Texas. Can't wait til summer. We are headed out for 3 months of road tripping through Rockies, Cali and the Pacific NW"

This truck saved my life.

By on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pros: "roomy, powerful ,comfortable and SAFE"

Cons: "hard to park or back in limited spaces"

"I loved this truck although parking could be a problem since it had an 8 ft bed. We mainly used it as a farm truck and it never failed to haul or stop with ease no matter how big the load. Unfortunately it was totaled when I was hit head on by another truck. I survived with no broken bones only lots of deep bruises and my passenger only had a broken nose. Both of would have most likely have died as did the driver of the other truck if we had not been in the Tundra."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals