2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1244 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Outstanding Truck

By on Monday, December 12, 2016

Pros: "DEPENDAABLE, RELIABLE QUALITY VEHICLE...GREAT RIDE"

Cons: "LIKES GAS...15 MPG HWY BUT 11 PULLING BOAT"

"I have 105000 miles on this truck and the only three problems thus far are; SIDE MIRROR LOSE...TOOTHPICK WORKS GREAT. LIGHT BEHIND "D" FOR DRIVE IS OUT....IF YOU NEED A LIGHT...YOU SHOULDN'T DRIVE! FUEL SENDING UNIT HAS SHORT BUT STILL WORKS! ORIGINAL SPARK PLUGS---TRADING OFF OR WOULD CHANGE CHANGED TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE COOLANT SYSTEM AT 100,000 MILES LIFE TIME FREE OIL CHANGES PURCHASED WITH TRUCK SO OIL CHANGED EVERY 3000 MILES SINCE NEW. HAS BILSTEIN SHOCKS OR TRD PACKAGE BUT WITHOUT STICKER."

Out of six new cars/trucks this has been THE BEST!

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, drive and RELIABILITY!!!!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and turning radius"

"Gas mileage has not been the best but the quality of the build and the reliability of this truck are beyond any vehicle I've owned before and do make up for the mpg. I have 306000 miles on this truck and not a single drop of oil being burnt or left on anybody's driveway. It was not built with noisy mufflers and race car horsepower, just rock solid dependability with the good basic essentials. Great truck that is ten years old and going strong!"

Everything you need and a bit of what you want.

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Power, Dependability, amenities"

Cons: "rear axle seals, stiff susspension, road noise"

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra has been worth every penny put into it over the last 8 years. It has been dependable as I have moved across the country and taken many a trip. The truck isn't outlandishly large like full size pick ups now a days, yet after all these years it still packs the power to squeal tires at the touch of a pedal. The dash a gauges are laid out in a fashion that allows you easy access without having to direct your attention away from the road. Handling is great and still crisp. The downsides are the rear axle seals burst every couple years and cost a couple hundred bucks to fix. The suspension is a bit stiff leaving small bumps jarring in their own right and the road noise is a bit loud. All in all, my Tundra has been worth every dollar spent and put in."

My Tundra? Awesome...no other way to say it!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Durable/Reliable/Comfortable/Cost of ownership..."

Cons: "Low fuel economy..."

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7L/V8 4WD was built in June of 2000 in Indiana, U.S.A.! The company may be japanese, but my truck is american. I purchased it used in 2002, for a steal, $16,500 (with a '95 Chevy in trade - it had issues!)! Just looked it up on Kelley Blue Book and is still worth over $8500! Except for normal wear, it's still in great shape, I have done routine maintenance, some minor warrantee-covered repairs, and had a nearly trouble-free ownership experience. The body style gives away its' age, many can't believe it's going on 12 years old. The compliant ride; smooth handling; rattle-free interior with scanty wear; trouble-free mechanical/electrical; all these add up to the best vehicle I've ever owned! The only problem I've had is failing O2 sensors and w/ the check engine light that goes with them - and poor fuel mileage. I am told that the O2 sensors may be partly to blame for the mileage average of only 10-12 mpg, this may be true as I used to get an average 16-18 mpg -- but even this is less than I would have hoped for. Problem is the O2 sensors are $100/ea. and there are four of them to replace, add the labor to that and it gets cost prohibitive -- even considering the efficiency gain, still doesn't pay to replace them. It doesn't change my opinion of this truck, it is AWESOME, and I'll keep it until it gets too expensive to fix -- hopefully, then I'll find a good deal on a new Tundra!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals