2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1251 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Out of six new cars/trucks this has been THE BEST!

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, drive and RELIABILITY!!!!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and turning radius"

"Gas mileage has not been the best but the quality of the build and the reliability of this truck are beyond any vehicle I've owned before and do make up for the mpg. I have 306000 miles on this truck and not a single drop of oil being burnt or left on anybody's driveway. It was not built with noisy mufflers and race car horsepower, just rock solid dependability with the good basic essentials. Great truck that is ten years old and going strong!"

TOYOTA says it all. Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, as tight as the day it was"

"Just like the reviews before me, gas-tires-brakes and a timing belt every 100,000 miles. At the last timing belt replacement I asked the service manager to replace all the hoses and he told me that the hoses were fine and they were designed to last the life of the truck. Not to mention that the dealership did not even stock the hoses since they had no demand..Best money I ever spent on a vechile."

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Without a doubt the best vehicle Ive ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Pros: "Reliability, MPG, smooth, quiet"

Cons: "Stock radio"

"I bought my Tundra in 2008 with 30k miles on it, I now have over 106k miles. I have the V6 4.0L engine which easily pulls my 19 center console boat. I use synthetic Mobil 1 and change it every 5k miles. I replaced the original battery after 9 years (!), the Toyota technician told me it was an Interstate so thats what I replaced it with. I replaced the serpentine belt at the recommended 80k mark (and I love the fact the V6 has a timing chain). This month the TPMS light started blinking as the sensor batteries must have finally expired, but they lasted much longer than anticipated. The only issue outside regular maintenance Ive had is to replace the starter at 105k miles, it costs me less than 160, thats it. I cant give enough stars for reliability. My mileage is almost always 20 mpg around town (with the a/c on) and 22-24 on the road- unless towing. I prefer this smaller model of the Tundra before it was enlarged in 2007. I have an ARE camper shell with the side windows that open to access my tools and materials. I literally could not reach in the side window on the 2007 and later models. Plus it fits perfectly in my garage, the later models and other full-sized trucks are a tight fit. At 11 years old it is still smooth and quiet and handles like the day I bought it. I did upgrade the stereo with aftermarket speakers and a Pioneer headunit with GPS and Bluetooth. That could be the only negative thing I could say about this vehicle, but then again the technology was just gaining traction then. Theres is nothing I would change on this truck other than that, in fact if I had to replace it, I would prefer this one over the newer models (all brands) on the market now."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals