2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1247 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

owned 2 yrs

By on Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Owned truck for 2 yrs now. Trade in value according to KBB is not what I felt it should be. When I check local dealers prices they seem much more in line. Came with the XSP package and a huge rebate. Only issue I have had was with the chrome side steps that were part of the package. They started to chip after 1 year but Toyota replaced both at no charge. Gas milage is horrible but I knew that when I bought it. Lots of room both front and back. 6"3" son in law fits in the back seat with room to spare. Personally, I like it better than the new Tundra's."

best pickup i ever purchased

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"i bought this 2000 tundra sr5 4x4. new in january 2000. i have 175500 miles on it. i've replaced 3 oxygen sensors and the starter was replaced at 170000 miles. this truck still runs good as new. the manifold has been leaking for several years and i understand this has been an issue on this truck. wish i could find a brand new one just like it."

Tough as nails

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I've used this truck for construction work, hauling tile and cement products for a few years. It's a low feature truck when it comes to luxury (manual windows/locks/seats) but has great suspension for ride quality and hauling payload. Down a few horses from my buddies' chevys, but also 1000 lbs lighter. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the truck save a leaky rear axle o-ring (abuse?) which the dealer replaced with no hassle whatsoever."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"I have had Toyota's since I was 18 and stepping up to a Tundra from a Tacoma I was not dissapointed. The double cab is like have a 4 door car and everyone that rides in it can't believe the room they have. Very reliable, this will be a 10+ year vehichle for me. The only gripe is the SR5 package comes with garbage tires. I should have made them swap them with another on the lot. Toyota quality is worth the extra $."

My Tundra

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I have owned my Tundra since new, 2003. I love this truck. Access cab 4.7 motor. I have a power chip installed, a Borla single exit exhaust and a K&N TRD air filter. I also installed the Tornado Fuel Saver. This truck is fasssst. Gas mileage with the fuel saver is superb. I am getting 26mpg+ on the highway. I also installed a Alpine sound system. I am keeping my Tundra for a long time. Buy this truck and you will not be disapointed."

superb

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2002 and have 110000 miles on it. It doesn't use a drop of oil between oil changes and except for having to change warped break rotors twice has been completely trouble free. It is not a particularly good 4WD vehicle at least as far as the gearing goes. Not geared low enough. For general dirt road use it's good but I would choose my old Tacoma over the Tundra if rugged use was a factor. Long trips are a joy in this truck. I'm 6' 3" and find it extremely comfortable. Decent gas milage on long trips too. I'll average 21MPG on a long road trip and with my average daily driving it goes down to about 16.2 MPG. I drive no more than 60MPH in order to conserve gas. I love this truck!"

Roget Truck

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I have a 2006 TDR Tundra. So far so good, this truck is good over all; it’s a 4.7 lit engine 271hp. This is my first truck and I really like it. It is a 4WD with is good when I take it for a little off road on hunting trip. I would recommend it for out doors and pulling around 7,000lb. It has a 22 gal tank from witch I get 290 to 325 miles. Over all it’s a good truck by Toyota."

Tundra

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"My Tundra has been great, 18-20 mpg on the highway. Can pull good, my only complaint is it needs a little more leg room. This has really been adressed in a huge way with the new Tundra"

bought 2nd tundra!

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"had 05 doublecab sr5 tundra. loved it SO much that I bought an 06 limited! had two Z71 silverados before these two and they were junk! toyota is simply the best truck your hardearned money can buy! they work hard and last forever! will pull anything and I blew the doors off a F150 supercrew 5.4 tritan 4x4 with us both pulling two 4wheelers up the same mountain in tennessee! i bought the 06 due to the 07 is just too big for what I need. I think if toyota offer both versions they would sell both real well! thanks toyota!"

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Great utility and styling. I've been able to tow or haul any load I need and cart up to 5 passengers around when needed. I get a number of compliments on its look. On the downside, I get little worse MPG than advertised and it's a truck when it comes to comfort."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals