2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Consumer Reviews

Great Truck

By on Friday, March 25, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, Quality, Great Family/ Work Truck"

Cons: "Rear seat doesn't fold down anymore"

"I prefer the Tundra because it's not built just for looks or luxury. I have a Toyota Tundra Crew-max TRD Off Road. It's a great work truck. I bought this truck because it hauls great, performs well, and doesn't sacrifice comfort. Other vehicle companies are relying on the hype of it looking great and shafting performance.This is my second tundra Crew-max TRD. It's even great for the family.... can go camping with having no issues with space or the fact that you might have to drive through some rough terrain. If you want a reliable truck that performs great at everything you throw at it... this is the truck you want."

Great Truck!

By on Friday, February 24, 2017

Pros: "big control knobs good screen great power"

Cons: "gas mileage back seat floor"

"I recently got my first Tundra, Ive wanted one for 10 years. Toyota quality is number one in my book. I dont think I will be trading this one in anytime soon. There are some things that should be looked at though. Gas mileage I feel like it could be a bit better, but then again I didnt buy it to get good gas mileage. Backseat I have the Crewmax which is huge and I love it, the only thing I wish was different was under the seat I wish the floor was flat and there wasnt a hump that was almost flush with the bottom of the seat. Besides those 2 things she is a pretty truck that I am proud to drive!"

Competes with the Big 3

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pros: "Well designed, nice driving"

Cons: "None so far."

"I have been a Dodge pickup guy since I was three years old, even stuck by during the late 70s early 80s, but my 12 year old Ram was falling apart around me. Running well but rusting apart. I test drove a couple of new Rams and my neighbor sells for Toyota had some used Rams, but he steered me toward the Tundra. I am not going to lie, it hurts to go from the company of the Charger and Challenger to the company of the Prius, but this lightly used pickup was nicer than the new Ram and the used ones I drove. I haven't owned it long, so I will update if anything changes, but so far, very happy. Throttle and brake response is fantastic, power is instant when you want it, and the brakes work fast without being touchy. Interior styling is nice. I like the big knobs, and the hefty feeling column shifter. I used to feel like foreign trucks were designed for foreigners. Nothing wrong with that, but I preferred the layout and feel of the controls in US trucks. This one feels more "American" than the Rams. The large radio and information screen worked nicely and intuitively, with bluetooth, handsfree, and voice control, along with steering wheel mounted buttons, working nicely. This is all new to me, my last one being 10 model years older. Plenty of interior storage, although I thought there would be more. I don't need more, just seemed like they could have added more. At first I was disappointed with no storage under the fold up rear seat, but I am sure I can add my own toolboxes or containers in that space and get more storage than if there were molded in storage. The backup camera is very nice and allowed me to back it down a tight row of new Toys the first time I hopped in, no doubt a low cost high payoff safety feature. Adjustable headlights, intuitive controls for everything else. I have manual seats, but then, how often do you really need to adjust your seats? Exterior is okay, I prefer the new Ram and Chevy styling, but it isn't bad. The hydraulic tailgate is a great feature. Comes with Bridgestone Dueler "street" tires, which I have had before and are decent road tires. In my opinion, all SUV and trucks should come with BF Goodrich Radial All Terrains or one of the the BFG variants like the Rugged Trail. I have none of the bed options like spray in liner or the rail system, but I wish all trucks included those as standard. Just to try it out, shifted the transfer case into 4Hi, then stopped, shifted to low range, and then back. Twist knob activation where you push in to get low range so you can't easily accidentally get low range. So far, so good."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted