2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax

Based on 1014 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Oustanding Truck!

By on Saturday, August 27, 2016

Pros: "Drives nicely, visibility, mirrors, power, BRAKES!"

Cons: "ride over bumps can be somewhat choppy"

"We own a 2013 Tundra SR5, 4.6L, 4WD, Extended Cab truck. We bought it new and ordered exactly what we wanted. It is my wife's truck and she LOVES it! The tall ride height, huge mirrors and good visibility make it a great truck around town. The 4.6L engine has more than enough power for even spirited driving and the engine and transmission are VERY well refined and well matched (we bought the tow pkg just in case but don't tow anything). The truck drives great, the brakes are INCREDIBLE!! The only real complaint is a choppy ride over really rough roads- wondering if it would ride slightly better on really bad roads with a load of cargo to dampen out the suspension over the bumps. The power steering is just a tad over-assisted, leaving the feeling light but takes out most of the road feel- my wife likes it this way as she is very small and wasn't looking for a vehicle that took physical effort to drive. The heating system is excellent, the A/C is slightly anemic in volume but blows very, very cold air (just not quite enough of it to cool the cabin rapidly enough, in my opinion), and there are no rear vents on our SR5 model. Bumping the bench seat of the base model up to the bucket seats of the SR5 model was definitely a good investment. The SR5 also comes with a power rear sliding window, which works great for quietly pulling air through the cab but you have to remember to close it. When we ordered the truck from the factory, we added the remote start system, step bars, navigation, bed extender, bed rail system, and a few other bells and whistles. The step bars are money very well spent as they are very handy to step up into the truck while using the grab bar on the A-pillar. After purchase, we added a Bed Rug padded bed liner and Undercover hard tonneau- with the bed rails installed over the Bed Rug and the hard tonneau cover, it's like having a 6.5ft car trunk (stays perfectly clean and dry), and the factory bed extender installs into the factory bed rail system and works great for keeping groceries from flying around the truck bed. I wish the stereo system was better though it's not horrible- I don't like the Entune/touch-screen stereo interface (I'd rather have simple radio buttons than a touch screen with multiple levels of menus to cycle through) but my wife is ok with the arrangement- she loves the Bluetooth music streaming from her iPhone. The bins under the rear seats in the Extended Cab model are sufficient for jumper cables, umbrella, bungy cords, a few tools and emergency equipment. The Forest Green color is especially beautiful in the sun. My wife averages about 14mpg around town- not great, but she doesn't drive all that much and we didn't expect much more from a full sized 4WD pickup. The rear view camera is very good at viewing the area directly behind the truck though the viewing screen on the dash washes out a bit in the sun. The camera is nice to ensure you aren't hitting a child or bicycle that is in the blind zone behind the truck bed and the side mirrors are excellent at viewing the area adjacent to the camera's field of view behind the truck- to the point that the camera is almost a secondary source of viewing behind the truck while backing. The camera angle (looking slightly downward) is very good for aligning the vehicle when hooking up a tow or for verifying the position of the rear bumper relative to a parking spot, garage door, etc. We were intending to buy a Tacoma, but after driving both the Tacoma and the Tundra (absolutely no comparison at all in how they drive relative to each other) and comparing prices (no incentives on Tacoma and very good ones on Tundra at the time) and the fuel economy of both trucks (they're not too far apart), we opted for the Tundra and couldn't be happier. I wish we'd bought the Limited version with the nicer interior and heated leather seats, but my wife specifically wanted the style we ordered and she has zero regrets- she's the one who drives it every day. Truck doesn't require much maintenance for our modest mileage and driving, though the owner's manual says to rotate the tires every 5k miles and the oil filter isn't the typical canister (simply spin on/off), it's a filter element that you have to remove the plastic under-skirting to get to, then drain and remove a filter housing to access the replaceable oil filter element. It's not overly difficult, but unless you enjoy working on vehicles, it's possibly best left to a shop who can quickly do it on a vehicle lift, though an 8.5 quart synthetic oil change will certainly cost more than a typical car oil change. Over all, we love the truck and would definitely buy it again."

Tundra is reliable,comfortable & powerful!

By on Thursday, October 6, 2016

Pros: "Premium Sound, Fun Ride, Run Fast!"

"Tundra is reliable,comfortable & powerful. I own a 2008 Tundra and is the best truck you can have, is made for hard work, you can tow up to 35 feet long Boats and you don't even worried about it because you feel the power of the engine ruining wild when you accelerate. I love it! The inside has plenty of space and the seats are really comfortable for any long trip you plan to do with the family. If you go for the regular oil changes and check outs every 3000-5000 miles as you should with every car, you will find yourself amaze, this car will never give you any trouble. I have used mine for hard construction work from time to time and I love how the truck responds to heavy loads."

Awesome Truck Hands Down Best Bang For The Buck

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"At 50,000 miles dealer maintained. I have had no issues whatsoever. Runs great, smooth, and surprisingly gets good gas mileage for the size of the engine. I have the 5.7L 6 speed which is a must if you buy this truck. Don't settle for anything less. I average between city and highway driving 16 miles per gallon. And I have a lead foot and get on it quite a bit. Hands down best truck I've ever owned for its purpose. Rides great, tows awesome its by far best in its class it tows like a 2500 diesel. I had an 11,000 lb 5th wheel and it towed it like a champ. I averaged 10 mpg when towing which is as good as many Ford 3500's! With my old Dodge 5.9L Cummins 2500 i got 13 mpg when towing the same 5th wheel. I sold the 5th wheel but for 2 years towed it everywhere. I had a Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch and with an offset on the trailer hitch I never once came close to jack-knifing the trailer with a 6.5 ft bed. The truck drives almost like a sports car in a trucks body if you get the 5.7L 6 speed transmission. But make sure you get the SR5 or offroad package because it has the 4.3 rear differential. If you get the 4.1 rear diff you're wasting the 6 speed. Trust me I've driven many other Tundras when I drop my truck off at the dealer for routine maintenance. SO LISTEN GET THE 5.7L 6 SPEED WITH THE 4.3 REAR DIFF!"

power,comfort,luxury

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I have owned full size dodge and chevrolet pickup's before,but nothing even comes close to this tundra.I bought the limited 4wd double cab and have been extremely pleased!The 5.7 liter V-8 has exceptional power and performance!Very dependable and comfortable.I am presently getting 20.4 mpg hwy @65 mph.Around town and towing a steady 16mpg.This truck is as close to perfect as they come!"

Impressive Inside and Out

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"Great truck, compares extremely well to my previous F250 Diesel and Dodge Ram. Outpulls, outperforms, and guaranteed to outlast, both physically and in value. Like driving a luxury car, except hoovering over the crowd. This truck is preferred on all family outings simpy because of cavernous back seating area and overall comfort. To date, no issues at all. How many new vehicles can you say that about after 18+ months of ownership. Plus oil changes at my dealer are cheaper than at the quick lube shops, further showing Toyota's desire to satisfy customers and keep them for life!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra CrewMax near Honolulu. See local deals