1992 Toyota Tercel

7.9

Based on 92 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10

19 y.o-still runs

By on Saturday, March 27, 2010

"I bought this car new in 1991, it starts up every time. I have alot of damage to the outside due to a large truck hitting me, so it has no value now, but this little car has taken me very far. Besides the obligatory oil changes, new tires and batteries, I have only put in approx. $1,500 in to the engine. I have a feeling if I keep driving it, it will one day, just stop running, and all 5 wheels will fall off and so will the doors - I've really run it into the ground. My next car is a Toyota-the reliability of them is tremendous and unless something changes, I will stick with Toyta."

By on Friday, December 4, 2009

"bought this car in 1994 with 19,000 miles on it since 2000 I kept thinking it was going to break down on me. It is now 2009, Dec. Still driving,, Has become a part of me!"

Legendary Toyota Tercel...

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"I've owned TWO of these cars, both 1991's.Both were 4dr auto with A/C.The first one I bought new, and sold at 2yrs old only due to divorce,the second one I just bought only 6 months ago with ONLY 62K miles(REALLY)..Such a DEAL! These cars are GREAT!!! Of course, it's NOT a Lexus or even a Camry,but I'm 6'2",and I fit in just fine.But remember it's an economy car,not a luxury car or hot rod. The 1.5L is super dependable, and runs smooth and well(but is a little slow with the A/C on).The best part is I CAN'T seem to put more than $20 in it a week for gas,and I drive 20 miles each way to work daily.These days that helps alot.As far as reliability,I just change the oil and have done only minor maintenance,and it starts right up and runs GREAT! I wish Toyota still made these cars.It became the "Echo"(which was UGLY) and now it's the "Yaris"(which is pretty nice).To get this kind of reliability you will have to spend THOUSANDS more than I did and buy a NEW car.It gets gas mileage approaching the "Yaris" and the "Prius", around (35/38) mpg, but the Prius cost around $25K.If you can find a 1991-97 Tercel with 150K miles or less BUY ONE!!"

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Great car for the price

By on Monday, May 4, 2009

"I bought this car for 1,300 6 months ago with 180,000 miles on it, great car - still runs awesome. My last had over 340,000 before it finally gave its self up. and the only thing i had to replace the whole time was the clutch. Bulletproof - You can't can't go wrong at only 1.300"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tercel near Honolulu. See local deals