2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1630 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Best resale value on the road

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pros: "most reliable truck period."

Cons: "small seats in the back."

"After 330,545 miles this truck still runs great. It's outlasted two sons driving it hard. It's climbed mountain roads that really were not even close to a road, more like rut riding."

best ever

By on Friday, November 4, 2016

Pros: "go anywhere any time,. 16&23 mpg"

"just wanted a little more power for pulling and mountains.. Put a 97 ecu and a TRD supercharger wit 7th injector. Dynoed at 217 hp rear wheels. thats up from 147 stock..General maint is all thats been done and that was by me.. 38 years exp. big cost was the SC, about 3000 but that a lot cheaper then another toy..Yes its quick.and thats at 5000 ft alt on the flat up to 10000 in mountains. worth much more than $3000. at 20years old it runs with the big boys"

Best Truck in the World

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I got my Toyota used 9 years ago. I have never had a problem with it and it has never let me down. It's not the most comfortable ride ever, but it is a truck and that is to be expected. If you are thinking about it, don't hesitate."

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pros: "Best truck I've ever owned"

Cons: "This pre runner sr5 is not a 4x4"

"This is a one owner vehicle with 71,000 miles. everything is original. Paint ,body in excellent condition. no dents on body. Runs good. Regular oil changes every 6 months. good mileage. this is a 6 cylinder Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5. Not a 4 wheel drive."

Kept on going no problems

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Best vehicle I ever owner in the 45 years I have b"

Cons: "not really any cons, I purchased a basic truck and"

"Owned vehicle since new, only things I had to replace are the tyres and normal maintance. Great truck for the price"

bomb-proof

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I bought my '98 taco in '01 with 18,000 miles on it. Since then it has been across the country twice, from pulling stuck F-150s out of sand in the deserts of Utah to scaling muddy mountains in New Mexico to fording lakes in New Hampshire. I have not been gentle to this machine and it has handled every bit of abuse dished out. It is at 130,000 right now and I have done my share of routine replacement (water pump, timing belt, plugs, etc) but when it comes down to needing unflappable reliability, the taco delivers. My only drawback is that it a bit tight for a 6'3" brother like myself. Maybe the new ones are a bit roomier."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pros: "Everything! Looks, function, appetite"

Cons: "Bad in snow/ice, rain drips in w/o window flares"

"Bought this 2001 truck in 2003. Not counting regular maintenance & tires, I've spent less than $1200 - on small problems. This is a very spunky ride, with very good mpg. Even though she's never been garaged, she is still a gorgeous ruby red. The sprayed in bed liner matches the flares, and it has alloy wheels. She may be 15 years old, but still a looker! The reason I didn't give driving dynamics and comfort & convenience a 10 is only because it is horrible on the few days of snow and ice that we get here."

My Second '98 Tacoma

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Simple and dependable"

"My dad retired two years ago and gave me his '98 Tacoma Reg Cab truck. This is my second '98 Tacoma. These truck may be small and look small but they are tough. They are no non-sense styling and features but if you are looking for dependability and good on gas then this is the truck. Both of mine are 5 speeds and the only thing I have done to the first one was replacing the starter. My first truck has almost 200K and my dads only 84K, both have the original engines."

Excellent Mid-Size Truck

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Everything about this truck is top-notch. The only thing that I gave 4 stars on was performance because when hauling with a four cylinder its lacking that "get after it" power and the ride as far as comfort goes it is smooth but lets you know that its still a truck."

Great little truck!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. Except for the 5-speed manual transmission, this has been a very fun vehicle to own. The tranny developed a "whine" in 3rd gear shortly after purchase, which the dealer fixed under warranty - it turned out to be a rather major repair, unusual for a Toyota. Since then, no problems. The truck feels solid, though there are a couple of dashboard squeeks that bug me, my understanding is that these are common in the 95-04 models. Economy with the small 4 is good, about 23 in town to 27 for steady freeway driving. The vehicle isn't fast but then again it is the SMALL 2.4 four cyl engine. Climbing hills in the Sierras is a bit of a challenge - not the engine to have if you life up there. For the vast majority of city driving performance is perky enough. For me, its a great to/from work vehicle and occasional light hauler - I specifically bought the 04 because I knew the 05s were going "mid-size." Hey, it's paid for too, looks great, and will probably run a very long time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals