2001 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1634 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

best ever

By on Friday, November 4, 2016

Pros: "go anywhere any time,. 16&23 mpg"

"just wanted a little more power for pulling and mountains.. Put a 97 ecu and a TRD supercharger wit 7th injector. Dynoed at 217 hp rear wheels. thats up from 147 stock..General maint is all thats been done and that was by me.. 38 years exp. big cost was the SC, about 3000 but that a lot cheaper then another toy..Yes its quick.and thats at 5000 ft alt on the flat up to 10000 in mountains. worth much more than $3000. at 20years old it runs with the big boys"

bomb-proof

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I bought my '98 taco in '01 with 18,000 miles on it. Since then it has been across the country twice, from pulling stuck F-150s out of sand in the deserts of Utah to scaling muddy mountains in New Mexico to fording lakes in New Hampshire. I have not been gentle to this machine and it has handled every bit of abuse dished out. It is at 130,000 right now and I have done my share of routine replacement (water pump, timing belt, plugs, etc) but when it comes down to needing unflappable reliability, the taco delivers. My only drawback is that it a bit tight for a 6'3" brother like myself. Maybe the new ones are a bit roomier."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pros: "Everything! Looks, function, appetite"

Cons: "Bad in snow/ice, rain drips in w/o window flares"

"Bought this 2001 truck in 2003. Not counting regular maintenance & tires, I've spent less than $1200 - on small problems. This is a very spunky ride, with very good mpg. Even though she's never been garaged, she is still a gorgeous ruby red. The sprayed in bed liner matches the flares, and it has alloy wheels. She may be 15 years old, but still a looker! The reason I didn't give driving dynamics and comfort & convenience a 10 is only because it is horrible on the few days of snow and ice that we get here."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "keeps on running repair free"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Have driven this truck since it was new in 1999. Have 280,000 miles on it. Very little repair over the years. Many people make me an offer on it but I want 500,000 miles before I let it go, actually we may both just retire together so I will keep it."

277000 miles strong runs like new!! The BEST!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Family owned since new in 1995!! Iv driven this truck since new! 4x4,5 speed, 4 cyl. Engine runs like new! Uses about a quart of oil to 10,000 miles only! The first fix was at 200,000 miles a starter. Wow what a TRUCK! This was the first Toyota in our family. We have just bought two new Toyota cars this year. Origional clutch in truck! This truck will stay in the family for a long time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals