1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1639 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Very reliable and economic; very few repairs in 4Y

By on Thursday, May 1, 2014

"I love this truck; it has served me well. Very reliable, with hardly any problems. Just routine maintenance."

My Second '98 Tacoma

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Simple and dependable"

"My dad retired two years ago and gave me his '98 Tacoma Reg Cab truck. This is my second '98 Tacoma. These truck may be small and look small but they are tough. They are no non-sense styling and features but if you are looking for dependability and good on gas then this is the truck. Both of mine are 5 speeds and the only thing I have done to the first one was replacing the starter. My first truck has almost 200K and my dads only 84K, both have the original engines."

Excellent Mid-Size Truck

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Everything about this truck is top-notch. The only thing that I gave 4 stars on was performance because when hauling with a four cylinder its lacking that "get after it" power and the ride as far as comfort goes it is smooth but lets you know that its still a truck."

Great little truck!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. Except for the 5-speed manual transmission, this has been a very fun vehicle to own. The tranny developed a "whine" in 3rd gear shortly after purchase, which the dealer fixed under warranty - it turned out to be a rather major repair, unusual for a Toyota. Since then, no problems. The truck feels solid, though there are a couple of dashboard squeeks that bug me, my understanding is that these are common in the 95-04 models. Economy with the small 4 is good, about 23 in town to 27 for steady freeway driving. The vehicle isn't fast but then again it is the SMALL 2.4 four cyl engine. Climbing hills in the Sierras is a bit of a challenge - not the engine to have if you life up there. For the vast majority of city driving performance is perky enough. For me, its a great to/from work vehicle and occasional light hauler - I specifically bought the 04 because I knew the 05s were going "mid-size." Hey, it's paid for too, looks great, and will probably run a very long time!"

i love my truck

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"Ilove my truck ,sometimes i think of trading it in on a newer or bigger pickup but why ,its paid for, it does everything i need it to do , i pull a horse trailer with it, a snowmachine trailer, i drive it up the mountain and back down it again, no problem ,no worries.ive had this truck for7 years all its cost me is gas and oil changes"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals