2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1505 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Unstoppable 4x4

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"The truck I have wanted to own my entire life. Pros: Rides nice on road and is a mountain goat off road. Cons: Gas mileage is fair (18mpg), brakes feel soft, and it sounds as though it needs another gear when driving > 65 mph. But it is still a dream to own."

Great light duty truck

By on Saturday, October 3, 2009

"I previously owned several small pickups and this Tacoma (my first Toyota), even though it is a base model, puts them all to shame. Zero problems with it. It handles very well at highway speeds and gets ~28 mpg w/mandated 10% eth'gas. 5th gear is an overdrive so downshifting on long hills is necessary to stay in the power curve. I bought this truck new and plan to put 300k miles on it. With this truck that should be a very realistic goal."

The Perfect 'Family' Truckster

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"My first Tacoma - a 2006 sport 4x4 off-roader. I must have been asleep when these first came out - well, no, I was too busy thinking that if you had kids, you HAD to drive a mini-van. Then I found out about it...a TRUCK with 4 doors, 4WD, and a decent interior... What?? I was in heaven - and the dreaded mini-van quickly went bye-byes. This is the perfect vehicle if you have a family but still want a pickup truck that can kick butt both on-road and off ... I can't believe I didn't buy this vehicle earlier - I LOVE it. The 4.0L V6 engine has muscle and speed and blows the competition away - whether you're engaging your friends in a friendly little flat-out race, tearing it up off-road somewhere, or traveling long distance on vacation - this is the truck to have. Mine has a leather interior and the seats are very comfortable. I do agree, however that the rest of the interior leaves something to be desired. Too barren and boring. The stereo actually has pretty good sound, but the overall look of the dash area is cheap and unattractive. Still, it's been a very dependable, fun vehicle and I plan to keep it as long as possible."

great Truck

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I love my Double Cab TRD Sport Tacoma. It is one great truck that has plenty of power, great comfort, and awesome looks! My only complaints would be that it was very pricey, and the paint scratches easy."

best mid-sized truck ever

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"great power, 6500 lb towning cap. W/V6& tow package, towed my 22' off-shore boat (approx 5500 lbs ) verry well, 4x4 W/ trd off rd was extreamley capable even with OEM BFG tires, i used it on logging roads and in mud on trails in my hunting club. great interior, great on road ride evean at highway speeds, love the carbon-fiber bed, I bought the truck new and put 50,000 mi on it with no mechanical problems, just rutine maint. 17-19 MPG in city"

2006 Tacoma

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Overall a great truck, you have to find something wrong with it, so I will pick on the tailgate, it is very weak and actually Toyota replaced mine free of charge, which was very nice when I bent it while loading the bed. Apparently I am not the only one this has happend to, since there is a Technica Service Bulletin on this issue. I think the engine is a little noisy sometimes and the mileage could be a little better, it isn't much better than the V8 trucks. The styling is great, the reliability and quality is very very good, other than the tailgate, I have not had a single issue with it. It starts and runs like a top, never complains and everything works like it is supposed to."

This truck Mobs!!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I use my 2005 Prerunner Dbl cab sport for towing, playing in the sand, and driving back and forth to work. 19-21mpg. Very quick acceleration, runs with my 2005 G35 sedan. I tow a 12ft trailer with 4 sport quads on it and one in the bed. Only 11mpg while towing, oh well it still pulls at a steady 75mph up and down hills. Never seen the inside of a dealership with over 42K on her. This truck mobs all over the sand of Glamis. Love it!!"

My 2nd Taco

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"This is my third Toyota truck, 2nd Tacoma. There is no better mid sized truck for my money. Very reliable and comfortable. The perfect vehicle for a commuter or a home owner who wants/needs a truck to use for day to day hauling. The best in the rough stuff, and in New England, you'd better choose the right 4x4! This truck makes driving in a storm a fun experience. No joke! Highly recommended."

Good truck

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"It's been a pretty good truck, but I have had some issues with it. An unusual ticking in the cab. The seats in my quad cab, sport trd stain horribly just from water. Took to dealership, and they had mentioned that it is documented in the event that I still have problems with this issue. Guess what? I still do. They had cleaned the interior to eliminate the stains, and as mentioned has returned. Hoping to get new seats from Toyota. Toyota builds a good vehicle, and as a previous owner of toyota's, hoping I have the same good vehicle as in the past."

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals