2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1507 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Awesome Truck

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and fast"

Cons: "no fold out cupholders/arm rest in the backseat but are on back of console"

"The truck is good on gas, its fast, impressive horsepower for a mid size. It never gives me problems and i could drive it anyway anywhere i want. The resale value is nice also."

good truck

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "easy to work on"

Cons: "not much horse power"

"very good truck"

Awesome Truck

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, low cost of ownership, resale, looks, features"

Cons: "Bad MPG, no light for the bed, no sunroof"

On my way back from a river trip.

"I love this truck. It does everything I need it too and looks great doing it. I have 120k on my 06 and can't wait to get a new one when they come out with a new body style."

On my way back from a river trip.

2010 6ft Taco

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I have owned 5 trucks in my lifetime, including Isuzu, Nissan x2, Chevy, Ford and Dodge; but never a Toyota..... until now. By far, this is the best truck I have ever owned. Comfort is exceptional for a truck, as well as ride and performance. Not only does it handle like a car, but gets nearly the same MPG, dialing in at an average of 19.5-20.5, even with my heavy boot. If you want the seats to feel like a car, DO NOT get the TRD model, as these are sport seats, designed for a FUN ride. The standard seats are heavier in the fabric, as well as fully stuffed cushioning, for maximum comfort. But let's face it, if I wanted the sit and ride of a luxury car, I wouldn't have bought a truck. The legroom of the Tacoma is surprisingly expansive, as I am a 6ft adult male, and have - on more than one occasion - had 3 other adults riding with me; all of which would comment on the shock of the leg room and comfort of a 4 door midsized truck. Beyond the interior design - which is ergonomic and designed for the driver - the exterior is just as meticulously designed, with the owner in mind. From symmetry of the lines on the body, to the one piece bed and and "tracks" which line the bed, for ease of strapping. Compartments galore, mean you'll never want for storage, and the accessories made for the truck, mean you can always find something new to add on. I am a new believer and lover of the Tacoma, dunked in the waters of Toyota; and will never own anything else."

Increases in value

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"3rd one that I have owned. Excellent resale value. Top notch reliability!!! Seat sits to low."

Excellent

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Bought a used 08 TRD DCSB AT off road 2WD 24K miles. Truck rides better than the Honda Accord I had. Paid $20500 OTD at a dealer (asking price was $23988) Would not have believed it was 3 model years old, Truck is tight, Surprised at the tight turning ratio. Plenty of room inside and seats are very comfortable. Interior looks great and laid out. Wishes: Automatic lights Locking gas cap cover Locking glove box Locking tailgate 2nd Tacoma in 20 years...they got better.although I preferred the smaller compact version of the 90's"

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

nice truck

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"2011 double cab with auto and 4cyl. great mpg for a truck average 20mpg adequate power for everyday use, i dont tow or haul, dont like driving cars wanted a truck with low cost, good mpg and great resale. Found it in thos truck paid $23,100 with bonus pkg, all the essentials."

By on Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I've had this truck for six years and will never part with it. Overall it's a solid rig that does a great job in the mountain and desert terrain I'm willing to try it in. Only minor quality issues is the plastic interior trim scratches easily. It rides like a truck so don't expect excellent comfort!"

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nice Truck

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"my first tacoma, i have had my 09 5 Speed, 4wd access cab for two years now. no problems other than having to get the radio replaced and the floor mat recall. only 35k on it now and i hope to get 200k out of the truck before serious repairs need to be done. my mileage is anywhere between 20-26mpg, mileage is a little worse in the winter. il love the truck and will get another in 6 years or so as long as this truck has no problems."

SUPER TACO

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"This is a great over all truck. I have 2 kids and a wife and I comuter 1hr 10min everyday. Kids love it, more than enuff room for car seats and wife feels save in it. Its a mid size truck but feels alot larger than it looks (solid!). People said that there was an throttle sticking problem but they are full of it. They are just looking for an extra buck. Has good horse power when you need it and if you keep your foot out of it it will get pretty good MPG. Drive many different trucks at work large and small and would take this truck over them all any day!"

best truck i have owned

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I bought my 07 tacoma new from a dealer, the only thing i have done to it is put gas in it and change the oil. i took the truck into the dealer for a recall and they couldnt believe that in just 3 years of driving it i already have 100000 miles on it, i did change the belt but really didnt need it. best truck i have had. i can sit in it for hours. go from maine to mississippi with it from time to time. 24 hours drive straight though."

Best one yet!

By on Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"I have owned three Toyota trucks over the past 20 years and they have never failed me. This model is the best by far offering standard features other manufactures can't touch. Capable on and off road this truck tackles the highway and the mountains equally with comfort and power at each turn/hill. Toyota has done it again!"

Reliable Efficient Truck

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"I bought mine new and have driven it for 4.5 years/54,000 miles. Not a single problem. Fuel efficiency has ranged from 23mpg at worst to 29mpg at best. Can't complain. I will drive this truck until it falls apart. At this rate, that will be another 15 years or so. Great value and no headaches!"

Great & Good Looking Truck

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"I can hardly believe that a 4-Banger Engine can have such 'Race Car Power & Turn On A Dime' capability! I drive the Interstate daily and am amazed that when I need to 'get-around the dolts who don't know where the slow-lane' is, my Tacoma turns into a butt-kickin' rocket that will fly by them with-out even breathing hard! Decent tires and 160 lbs. of soft-water salt bags in the back gives me traction that is apparently far better than my counterparts on the highway...They're going 40 and I'm totally ready to pass them at 60! Yup, Toyota gave me a very great truck that, with good care, has provided me with a vehicle that looks as good as it did the day I drove it off the lot in 2005!..Bill"

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 18, 2010

"When the guys at work said it was the best truck they every owned, I wasn't sure, but after 5 years of driving I agree."

Love my XRunner

By on Monday, November 15, 2010

"The best truck I ever bought."

Versatility

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Not too big and definately not too small, there hasn't been anything I haven't been able to do with this truck. I do not have a big need for towing but I have transported 5 people comfortably with a full bed full of equipment and no complaints. Over and over again I am simply pleased with the way the truck handles and even looks. No mechanical problems, no issues with the interior and no wear and tear on the inside even though there should be! Best buy of my life"

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Have over 80K miles on mine. Still looks brand new!"

I Love It

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"We got this 07 Tacoma SR5, automatic, 2wd used while living in Florida. Before moving back to Indiana , it made several trips back and forth and a few times pulling a 16ft trailer loaded with furniture. Even in the snow it never disappointed us. We have mostly owned Ford and Chev trucks,but this is the best truck yet.Comfortable,handles great, and just overall perfect. It's a Great Truck for all ages. It makes this old lady fell in style."

Toyota Tacoma 2006 4x4

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Good truck , Had a boot clamp fall of the Cv joint that's the only problem so far, along with the timing case cover leaks a little around the location where the power steering is no major leak. The Rear Leaf spring Bushings seem to squeak I've read this is a common problem. More Noticeable in hotter temps, stops when it gets cold out. The Motors strong for a 4.0L I've hauled a couple tons on a decently heavy trailer without any problems could easily handle its towing capacity of 6500. I use my truck to its full capabilities during winter in Northern Missouri. Went through some deep mud and snow. Had problems when the snow reached 4ft or so, but so did my buddies extended cab z71 on 35's. Went down some deep mud roads with out any problems with just the Sport Package its seems to be a mudder."

Good Banf For The Buck

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Loaded with features and performs well. 23K miles with no mechanical problems."

very happy

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Having nothing but F-150's and Silverado's over the past 20 years, I was in the market for a new truck. I would of never considered Toyota before but my last Silverado blue booked at $18k with an original purchase of $39k and it was only 2 years old with 19k miles. I paid $10k less on this than I would of on another F150 or Silverado and if I price the 3 out on KBB, the Toyato is worth $5k more than the F150 and $8k more than a Silverado of like year and mileage and it is more comfortable and handles better in the snow vs. the F150 and Silverado. Very impressed."

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals