2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

Based on 1626 Ratings for the 1995 - 2004 models.

Excellent Mid-Size Truck

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Everything about this truck is top-notch. The only thing that I gave 4 stars on was performance because when hauling with a four cylinder its lacking that "get after it" power and the ride as far as comfort goes it is smooth but lets you know that its still a truck."

Great little truck!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. Except for the 5-speed manual transmission, this has been a very fun vehicle to own. The tranny developed a "whine" in 3rd gear shortly after purchase, which the dealer fixed under warranty - it turned out to be a rather major repair, unusual for a Toyota. Since then, no problems. The truck feels solid, though there are a couple of dashboard squeeks that bug me, my understanding is that these are common in the 95-04 models. Economy with the small 4 is good, about 23 in town to 27 for steady freeway driving. The vehicle isn't fast but then again it is the SMALL 2.4 four cyl engine. Climbing hills in the Sierras is a bit of a challenge - not the engine to have if you life up there. For the vast majority of city driving performance is perky enough. For me, its a great to/from work vehicle and occasional light hauler - I specifically bought the 04 because I knew the 05s were going "mid-size." Hey, it's paid for too, looks great, and will probably run a very long time!"

i love my truck

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"Ilove my truck ,sometimes i think of trading it in on a newer or bigger pickup but why ,its paid for, it does everything i need it to do , i pull a horse trailer with it, a snowmachine trailer, i drive it up the mountain and back down it again, no problem ,no worries.ive had this truck for7 years all its cost me is gas and oil changes"

277000 miles strong runs like new!! The BEST!

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"Family owned since new in 1995!! Iv driven this truck since new! 4x4,5 speed, 4 cyl. Engine runs like new! Uses about a quart of oil to 10,000 miles only! The first fix was at 200,000 miles a starter. Wow what a TRUCK! This was the first Toyota in our family. We have just bought two new Toyota cars this year. Origional clutch in truck! This truck will stay in the family for a long time!"

Great midsize truck

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"I've owned several Toyotas and this one has been my favorite. The 04 Tacoma is a very nice, reliable, quality truck. All around, its got just about everything you could ask from a midsize truck. The only complaint I would have, would be the comfort level for a big guy. Im about 6'3", 200 lbs. For the most part, while driving the truck, I can't straighten out my legs because of my size.(But hey that's not the truck's fault!). I would definately recommend this truck, if your looking for a midsize.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals