2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab

Based on 1505 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Best Mid-Size truck - No Contest

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Sporty Styling, Great for road trips"

Cons: "Squeeky blower motor, terrible cruise control"

"This truck has done everything I have needed! It is a great compact truck with plenty of power and capability and has not let me down. I have over $100K miles and have done only regular oil changes and tire rotation. The truck gets respectable gas mileage and is a comfortable truck to drive on long road trips. This has been my favorite truck to own and drive and plan to keep on driving to at least 200K. My only complaints are the squeeky blower motor most notably in the winter months and the cruise control is jumpy when you start climbing a hill. I always have to take it off cruise control when encountering a hill. Overall this truck has been great and would buy another Tacoma. Have actually considered buying my wife one. I have a tonneau cover and makes for a great family vehicle."

AWESOME!!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Perfect Do Anything Vehicle"

Cons: "Pricey - not good for commuting"

"Good to carry people - light to medium work load - comfortable - roomy - perfect for less than fair weather conditions - handles amazing - rugged - durable"

Great little truck that could..

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Perform as expected?"

Cons: "Light traction on rear wheels"

"This little truck could do everything I toss at. I don't know how Toyota is going to improve this truck to be better when they need to perform full model change.. I can’t wait to see next generation Tacoma! How are they going to tell me next generation Tacoma are better then mine to me?"

Found my forever truck!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "styling, safety, adaptability"

Cons: "Tailgate strength"

"Overall best truck I have owned. Work or play, it has what I look for in a truck. Power is impressive for a mid-size truck, breaking is powerful, towing capacity is higher than advertised and very smooth. Only criticism of this truck is the low quality of the tailgate. It is hollow with very thin sheet metal on exterior with bedliner wall on the inside, making it difficult to place weight on. Specs say it can handle 200lbs and I find that anything over 100lbs creates a sense of caution before continuing to load. Overall however, it is a high quality and ultimately reliable truck. The Nissan Frontier, Ford Ranger, Honda Ridgeline or any other similar midsize truck doesn't compare to the quality and value retention."

Awesome Truck

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and fast"

Cons: "no fold out cupholders/arm rest in the backseat but are on back of console"

"The truck is good on gas, its fast, impressive horsepower for a mid size. It never gives me problems and i could drive it anyway anywhere i want. The resale value is nice also."

good truck

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "easy to work on"

Cons: "not much horse power"

"very good truck"

Awesome Truck

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, low cost of ownership, resale, looks, features"

Cons: "Bad MPG, no light for the bed, no sunroof"

On my way back from a river trip.

"I love this truck. It does everything I need it too and looks great doing it. I have 120k on my 06 and can't wait to get a new one when they come out with a new body style."

On my way back from a river trip.

2010 6ft Taco

By on Thursday, March 31, 2011

"I have owned 5 trucks in my lifetime, including Isuzu, Nissan x2, Chevy, Ford and Dodge; but never a Toyota..... until now. By far, this is the best truck I have ever owned. Comfort is exceptional for a truck, as well as ride and performance. Not only does it handle like a car, but gets nearly the same MPG, dialing in at an average of 19.5-20.5, even with my heavy boot. If you want the seats to feel like a car, DO NOT get the TRD model, as these are sport seats, designed for a FUN ride. The standard seats are heavier in the fabric, as well as fully stuffed cushioning, for maximum comfort. But let's face it, if I wanted the sit and ride of a luxury car, I wouldn't have bought a truck. The legroom of the Tacoma is surprisingly expansive, as I am a 6ft adult male, and have - on more than one occasion - had 3 other adults riding with me; all of which would comment on the shock of the leg room and comfort of a 4 door midsized truck. Beyond the interior design - which is ergonomic and designed for the driver - the exterior is just as meticulously designed, with the owner in mind. From symmetry of the lines on the body, to the one piece bed and and "tracks" which line the bed, for ease of strapping. Compartments galore, mean you'll never want for storage, and the accessories made for the truck, mean you can always find something new to add on. I am a new believer and lover of the Tacoma, dunked in the waters of Toyota; and will never own anything else."

Increases in value

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"3rd one that I have owned. Excellent resale value. Top notch reliability!!! Seat sits to low."

Excellent

By on Sunday, February 20, 2011

"Bought a used 08 TRD DCSB AT off road 2WD 24K miles. Truck rides better than the Honda Accord I had. Paid $20500 OTD at a dealer (asking price was $23988) Would not have believed it was 3 model years old, Truck is tight, Surprised at the tight turning ratio. Plenty of room inside and seats are very comfortable. Interior looks great and laid out. Wishes: Automatic lights Locking gas cap cover Locking glove box Locking tailgate 2nd Tacoma in 20 years...they got better.although I preferred the smaller compact version of the 90's"

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

nice truck

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"2011 double cab with auto and 4cyl. great mpg for a truck average 20mpg adequate power for everyday use, i dont tow or haul, dont like driving cars wanted a truck with low cost, good mpg and great resale. Found it in thos truck paid $23,100 with bonus pkg, all the essentials."

By on Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I've had this truck for six years and will never part with it. Overall it's a solid rig that does a great job in the mountain and desert terrain I'm willing to try it in. Only minor quality issues is the plastic interior trim scratches easily. It rides like a truck so don't expect excellent comfort!"

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nice Truck

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"my first tacoma, i have had my 09 5 Speed, 4wd access cab for two years now. no problems other than having to get the radio replaced and the floor mat recall. only 35k on it now and i hope to get 200k out of the truck before serious repairs need to be done. my mileage is anywhere between 20-26mpg, mileage is a little worse in the winter. il love the truck and will get another in 6 years or so as long as this truck has no problems."

SUPER TACO

By on Thursday, January 20, 2011

"This is a great over all truck. I have 2 kids and a wife and I comuter 1hr 10min everyday. Kids love it, more than enuff room for car seats and wife feels save in it. Its a mid size truck but feels alot larger than it looks (solid!). People said that there was an throttle sticking problem but they are full of it. They are just looking for an extra buck. Has good horse power when you need it and if you keep your foot out of it it will get pretty good MPG. Drive many different trucks at work large and small and would take this truck over them all any day!"

best truck i have owned

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I bought my 07 tacoma new from a dealer, the only thing i have done to it is put gas in it and change the oil. i took the truck into the dealer for a recall and they couldnt believe that in just 3 years of driving it i already have 100000 miles on it, i did change the belt but really didnt need it. best truck i have had. i can sit in it for hours. go from maine to mississippi with it from time to time. 24 hours drive straight though."

Best one yet!

By on Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"I have owned three Toyota trucks over the past 20 years and they have never failed me. This model is the best by far offering standard features other manufactures can't touch. Capable on and off road this truck tackles the highway and the mountains equally with comfort and power at each turn/hill. Toyota has done it again!"

Reliable Efficient Truck

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"I bought mine new and have driven it for 4.5 years/54,000 miles. Not a single problem. Fuel efficiency has ranged from 23mpg at worst to 29mpg at best. Can't complain. I will drive this truck until it falls apart. At this rate, that will be another 15 years or so. Great value and no headaches!"

Great & Good Looking Truck

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"I can hardly believe that a 4-Banger Engine can have such 'Race Car Power & Turn On A Dime' capability! I drive the Interstate daily and am amazed that when I need to 'get-around the dolts who don't know where the slow-lane' is, my Tacoma turns into a butt-kickin' rocket that will fly by them with-out even breathing hard! Decent tires and 160 lbs. of soft-water salt bags in the back gives me traction that is apparently far better than my counterparts on the highway...They're going 40 and I'm totally ready to pass them at 60! Yup, Toyota gave me a very great truck that, with good care, has provided me with a vehicle that looks as good as it did the day I drove it off the lot in 2005!..Bill"

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Thursday, November 18, 2010

"When the guys at work said it was the best truck they every owned, I wasn't sure, but after 5 years of driving I agree."

Love my XRunner

By on Monday, November 15, 2010

"The best truck I ever bought."

Versatility

By on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Not too big and definately not too small, there hasn't been anything I haven't been able to do with this truck. I do not have a big need for towing but I have transported 5 people comfortably with a full bed full of equipment and no complaints. Over and over again I am simply pleased with the way the truck handles and even looks. No mechanical problems, no issues with the interior and no wear and tear on the inside even though there should be! Best buy of my life"

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Have over 80K miles on mine. Still looks brand new!"

I Love It

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"We got this 07 Tacoma SR5, automatic, 2wd used while living in Florida. Before moving back to Indiana , it made several trips back and forth and a few times pulling a 16ft trailer loaded with furniture. Even in the snow it never disappointed us. We have mostly owned Ford and Chev trucks,but this is the best truck yet.Comfortable,handles great, and just overall perfect. It's a Great Truck for all ages. It makes this old lady fell in style."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Access Cab near Honolulu. See local deals