1993 Toyota Supra

9.6

Based on 100 Ratings for the 1993 - 1998 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

Greatest Vehicle Ever Made

By on Sunday, May 1, 2011

"The JZA80 Supra is the greatest car ever made by any car manufacturer in the world. It's Twin Turbocharged 2JZ-GTE Engine was reliable to 300,000+ Miles and could put down more than a 1000 Horsepower with bolt on parts. It is simply one of the most genius engineering feats by humankind."

Since Birth

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"Although I do not have the Twin Turbo, I am a former Mulholland Drive racer in Southern California and the handling is what I live for... Look up the skip pad rating and compare with other production cars and you will know what a gem this car is despite being aspirated. Twin lower lateral links and angled trailing links pull the Supra at an astonishing 0.98g on the skip pad. I am the original owner and had the car for 15 years and I still look forward to driving it each day to work."

Toyota quaity, super car status

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Awesome car"

Cons: "No cup holder"

"I own a 98tt/6spd 38k lightly modified for over 10 years to 600whp and has only needed oil, plugs, brakes etc... I also own a 2002 Porsche 996tt, great car but has its share of problems and now out of warranty so it really hurts and must be babied. When I open the garage my eyes are drawn more to the Supra not the Porsche. When I drive the Porsche nobody really cares or ask’ s any questions because it’s really nothing special and looks like a million other Porsches on the road. When I drive the Supra I always get inquiries and nods of approval. A quick (safe) race usually gets the respect from others especially the higher end car guys. The car is a total blast to drive in every way, it will beat most high end sports cars and is scary fast, stops as well if not better than most high end sports cars, handles very well and has been as reliable as my daughter Camry. Like many classics you can find a worn, abused car for cheap and for a supra this is 160k miles for 20k. Spend 30k + and get a well maintained car with decent mileage or much more 45k for a perfect stock or properly modified and maintained low mileage car. There are tens/hundreds of thousands or millions of most other sports cars made and in the US. There are a little over 6 thousand Supra tt’s in the US total and when you see one done right you are reminded of what a special car it is."

Nothing Compares to the MKIV

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Having owned my 1997 limited edition anniversary supra turbo is like nothing else on the road. Now just turning 11 years old, it still purrrrs quietly as you can only hear the faint rumble of the TRD exhaust. I have yet to have one major problem go wrong with it. I was fortunate to have had installed most of all the TRD performance parts available from the dealership as these parts are now scarce and non existent. If I could load up pictures here you would be amazed at such a level of performance this car has and looks just as well. I recommend it to anyone - that is if you can find one. There are just a few cars out on the road that can still turn everyones heads, but these cars make even factory toyota mechanics stare and jaws drop even today. Words cannot describe this over engineered rocket ship car. Test drive one and you will be sold on it. Definitely recommended. On a side note those of you who keep reading all these peoples problems with the stock turbos failing should know that my supra has 140,000 on the stock twin turbos, thats after years of driving it hard. The thing people dont tell you is that you have to change the motor oil more frequently (-1500 miles) if you want the turbos and motors to last. Also there are alot of supras out there that run a aftermarket boost controller to make the turbos spool faster- hense get more power. All these things add up to lower turbo life so I just wanted to point it out. Even if the stock turbos fail, there are aftermarket bolt on single turbo kits for less than the price of a replacement stock twin turbos. Plus you will get alot more power than you ever had so turbos life is a small but irrelevant issue. Overall this car is literally bullet proof and still retains the toyota quality and not to forget the MKIV Supras appreciates with every day that passes by since they were manufactured in a limited production run. *****I give it a 5 star***** I forgot to mention if you are in the market to purchase one; buy the TURBO model only if you can because its a night and day diifference compared to a non-Turbo. Not saying that a non-turbo model is bad but you will thanks me later Good luck and have fun!"

Best sports car ever

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

"I've owned my Supra Twin Turbo since 2002. It has been dead reliable, tons of fun, an amazing performer that get looks and thumbs up everywhere it goes. It's incredibly fun to drive, handling turns with ease and confidence. Having amazing acceleration, one must be mindful of the speed, as it creeps up on you and can land you in trouble in a heartbeat. The brakes are incredible, and so are the headlights. The stock sound system is great, very well balanced. This is a 2 + 2 car, meaning that the rear seat is fit mostly for kids, or maybe adults with size 2 shoes. The front seats are comfortable both for driver and passenger. The controls are simple and very legible, I regret Toyota only designed a minimum of gauges on the dash pot. There is not even a boost gauge. The lack of gauges can be fixed by installing aftermarket ones, but I simply refuse to cut into this car. As for value, I'm tickled that the car has not depreciated at all, as KBB books it at what I paid for the car back in 2002. I don't think i will ever sell it. She sits in my climate controlled garage, frequently detailed and under cover, and only comes out to play when the weather is nice and traffic light. All in all, this is a great sports car. Expect it to perform great as one ()it's not a minivan or a truck), and it will never disappoint."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Supra near Honolulu. See local deals