1992 Toyota Supra

Based on 77 Ratings for the 1992 models.

Good to start with

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I own a 90' non-turbo auto so needless to say, the performance was good, not on par with modern coupes but it's still faster than your average sports car. It's slow out of the hole but really shines a highway speeds (40+ MPH) because of the strait cylinder configuration. The starter is nearly impossible to get to and overall the engine was cramped and confusing. Terrible in slick conditions because it's RWD. Many of the features are good attempts for providing luxury but fall short of solving the problem all together. There is a huge blind spot (large enough for a whole car) right over the shoulder on either side. It turns on a dime with ease and stops faster than any other car I’ve driven because of its low weight and large ABS disk breaks. The seats in the back were more like an after thought than an design feature and the seats are great for long drives. Inside is large enough to fit me confortably (I'm 6'2"). The ride is not great; the shocks are electro-negitive responsive allowing the shocks to become stiffer or softer at the touch of a button. It's more like bumby ride or "oh my god, we're off-roading" ride. I've driven every kind of car available from moded-out sports cars to burly American trucks and the Supra is a great car to start with because of the styling and performance."

Sporty and Cute

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I've had my Supra (my 2nd one - I might add) for 16 years. I bought it as a 2-yr old used car. The only problem I ever had was with the security system. It kept going off for no reason (shutting the car down). Come to find out, I needed a more powerful battery in the car. Since then, I've loved my Supra every since. I would recommend this beautiful car and awesome ride to anyone."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I'm a sports car driver, it's my hobby. These car's are easily one of my favorites! The options available make them at least comparable to many new cars today, and the quality is excellent! Comfort: 8 way electronically adjustable drivers seat. Handling: electronically controlled self-adjusting suspension. Speed: 3.0 liter turbo charged inline 6 engine. Style: Pop-up headlights, front end splitter, rear spoiler, and a removable sport roof. This is one amazing car. Especially considering the cost!"

Nice

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I purchased my 1991 Supra Turbo with sports top, new in 1992. In two years I put 65,000 miles on it. I did have the head gasket problem, and Toyota fixed it for free (I actually still go to Toyota for all repairs and maintenance). It now has 156,000 miles on it and every time I get behind the wheel, I get the same excitement I got 16 years ago. Fast, comfortable, and good looking. I have owned a couple luxury SUVs and when you put the suspension on tight in the Supra, I swear it as comfortable as my Lincoln. Nothing is more fun than pulling up to a light and leaving the car next to me sitting right there. I have had a few problems in the last couple years, radiator, bunch of hoses, and I had to replace all the fuel injectors. But, I will say that is because it did a lot of sitting. DO NOT let your's sit, and check to make sure a previous owner did not let it sit. If so prepare to make an investment. Repairs can be expensive, but it is worth to me. I have never upgraded anything on her, and apart from what I mentioned above all parts are original. I cannot see myself ever letting go of this car."

Classic sports car

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I bought a garaged silver 91 non turbo 5 speed with 184k on it. The only thing that went wrong with it (up until the headgasket blew) was a power steering line dry rotted (still running original clutch and flywheel!). Got great gas mileage considering its a 3600 pound car, and dated technology compared to todays standards (High tech for back in 91) I love the car very much and will most likely put a new engine in. At 203k miles the headgasket finally blew, which is a shame because of the error toyota made with the torque ratings on the gasket. This engine and tranny would easily last 300k miles with proper oil changes."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Supra near Honolulu. See local deals