2007 Toyota Solara

9.3

Based on 566 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Best Car Ever

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Convertible and extra fun to drive"

Cons: "Looking out of the rear window... limited view"

"This is an excellent car. My friend has one with 340K on it.... It drives like a Lexus... I should know because I own one of those too... I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. Sadly they stopped making them."

Nice car, yet falls short of expectations

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"First of all, we like our 2004 SLE V6 Coupe which we purchased new in April 2004. The styling and interior quality are what attracted us to the car. It is almost completely free of rattles after 35,000 miles. We find it is a good highway car. And we are pleased with how well the car is holding its value. There are a few things that annoy us about the car: the paint chips way too easily (Arctic Frost White), and the automatic transmission is very sluggish in how it shifts - so much so that it really takes away from the performance of the V6 engine. If GM or Ford built such a sloppy transmission, they would be ridiculed. The dealership has been unresponsive about the transmission except to say the new ones are better. (Nice try sales people!) The tires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles; we have been told we are lucky they lasted that long! Both the new tires and the old have been difficult to balance. There is vibration above 65 MPH. And there is more road noise coming from the trunk and rear seat area than is acceptable in any car at this price point. At 6-feet-2, the moon roof really makes head room tight. Our other vehicle, a 2005 Chev Silverado pickup, has a better shifting transmission, better paint, less road noise, and no tire/wheel vibrations. This is my third Toyota, and, frankly, I expected better. Yet, the styling, interior appointments and reliability are such that we still like the car despite the issues identified."

Great car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, quiet, reliable and good looking."

Cons: "Not much really."

"I bought this car two years ago and it only has 32,000 miles on it to date. (Bought it from my aunt who really did not drive it much) My only less than 10 rating was on aceleration as it feels like a heavy car and it takes a bit of pushing the gas to get it moving. But! Once moving it is a dream road cruiser. Very comfortable and quite."

Best car I have ever driven or owned

By on Monday, August 8, 2011

Pros: "Great value, very comfortable, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Rear view is obstructed by the rear headrests-too bad they can't be removed."

"I owned an 04 black SLE solara with 72k on it. It was totalled i9n an accident that was not my fault. I was devastated because I really loved my car. I had never "loved" a car prior to owning my Solara and I am 50 years old. I knew Toyota doesn't make the vehicle anymore so I was quite upset. However, I was thrilled when I went online and found an 06 red SLE with only 50,000 miles. The very next day I bought the car and couldn't be happier. We always get compliments on the car and it is just plain fun to drive. It is also very comfortable and yes, has great get up and go. I plan to keep it untill it dies...or until someone crashes into me."

Top Notch 2004 Solara

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I am a car guy and have owned over 50 cars in my lifetime. This car is top notch. I own a decked out model with 4cyl and 5 spd stick. First understand that this is an economy car NOT A SPORTS CAR. You can't shift this trans like a sports car nor does it excellerate or handle like a sports car. This vehicle is more like a corola than a corvette. BUT the quality and the economy makes its value one of the very best ever. I treat mine as if it were luxery-economy. For those of you worried about blind spots buy a Camry. The blinds spots are neccessary due to the beautiful styling. For those of you worried about a back seat buy a Camry. For a car of this type the back seat is superlative. Trunk space is unreal as I have even stopped by the hardware store for a few strips of moulding or a couple bags of concrete with my Solara. The sunroff gives the open feel and the entire car is premo reliable as I have never had a single problem. The fuel economy is unbelieveable. I get between 500 and 550 on a tank of gas! This car is just the right size not to big not to small. The comfort is very good for a sports type interior and we drive this vehicle everywhere. The car drives straight as an arrow and I have 57K on the original set of tires with the optional BBS wheels. The electronics are excellent and I find them to be very helpful. The sound system is a pleasure. I am very hard to please and I have always wanted an economy car with beautiful styling. I do love this car and have been impressed from day one. Excellent car! Foraker1sg"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Solara near Honolulu. See local deals