2002 Toyota Solara

9.6

Based on 467 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

9.8/10

Nicest Car I have owned to date

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Great Ride, Good Looks and easy maintenance"

Cons: "It attracts too many bugs on the grill."

"We bought this new. We raised our children and wanted something FUN.. WOW. .We got it. This car is now 11 years old and nothing is wrong. We do keep it in the Garage all year. We wash it regularly. We do routing maintenance. We replaced the original tires at 50 K. We found one of the interior Belts of the tire was apparently damaged in an accident we had. New Tires Now NO ISSUEs on the ride. This car is fun to drive, great to look at and maintenance free so to speak. I wish Toyota would keep the style and the product. Unfortunately they did not listen to me. I will hang on to this car until I can give it to my youngest Grandson/Daughter. They will enjoy it as well. It will be approximately 30 yrs old then. By then it will be a COOL OLD CAR.. I hope they will give Grandpa a ride in it and be as proud of me as they are of the COOL Car. Keep going Toyota."

Fantastic Car

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "reliable"

"My Maintenance Chart so far: CD player broke 80k, Changed brakes at 90k ,Tires at 90k, Catalytic Converter gone bad at 115k, i'm changing my timing belt and water pump soon at 125k. i sometimes race this car out on the highway. i know it's bad for the engine but i do it for fun and i drive it up to 120mph. Guess what it's still running! i hope it last me another 100k!"

Great car!!!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

"This is the best car I've ever owned. With 212,000 miles, I have not had to spend a dime on it except for routine maintenance. Original battery lasted for 125 months, and I've only had to replace rear brakes once."

Love It!

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"I purchased my 2001 Solara in December 2000. I had to wait a few weeks for the dealer to locate one since they were pretty hot sellers, but I'm glad I did! This is the best car I have ever owned.....rides so smooth, easy to handle and still eight years later I get complimented on it's great style. Maintenace has been the usual oil changes, new tires and new battery. Yes, it is somewhat difficult for someone to get in and out of the back seat, but that goes with the territory of a two door convertible. My car looks brand new and I plan on keeping it for many more years. Don't forget to tighten the gas cap or the engine light will come on and it will need to be reset."

In it for the long haul

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Solara in 1999 and have owned it for 8 years and 66,000 miles. My car has pretty much all the options except leather seats. I still love it and plan to keep driving it for many years to come. If you don't know what a Solara is, it is basically a Camry with two doors, with better interior and exterior styling. The interior is fantastic. All the controls are exactly where they should be and easy to read. The wood trim and two tone paneling look rich. Even today, people remark at how luxurious the interior looks in my car. I'm surprised how many options my car has that today's cars do not. The exterior is elegant, though conservative. The car ages well though, if you know what I mean. The car is old, but really doesn't look old. The car is reliable: trouble free for eight years, well... except for one minor incident caused by a squirrel that wasn't the car's fault. ;-) Maintenance does not cost much either -- mechanically it's a Camry after all. Parts for the car are easily available. It has a 3.0 V6 with 200 hp. Plenty of power to get you where you need to go, but don't expect to go racing with it. It is after all a Camry. My mileage averages about 20-22 mpg in the city and 28-30 mpg highway. Some of my friends don't realize how old my car is. They think I just bought it two or three years ago (I admit, I wash it alot so it looks clean). Others that know how old it is say it's time to buy a new one. But why plunk down $25k for a car that will basically be the equivalent of what I'm already driving? I'd rather stay happy driving this one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Solara near Honolulu. See local deals