2012 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Perfect vehicle for short and long trips!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Convenience (long-slide seats) comfort, cargo cap."

Cons: "3rd row headroom is low for a 6' tall man"

"Drives excellent, extremely comfortable, handles securely in all weather (including ice & snow). Tons of cargo capacity (carried an 8 foot Christmas tree inside with no problem, and also enough luggage (clothes and toys plus a travel crib) and personal belongings for a cross-country move with 5 people and a cat), major convenience - the long-sliding seats really let us customize the interior layout for different #'s of passengers and kids car seats. The fold-down screen for the DVD player doesn't block the rear-view, and the second row sunroof makes a really comfortable, open feeling cabin for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Our kid's friends and their parents are all saying they wish they had purchased one like ours instead of theirs. We have near Mercedes-Benz level luxury, the stability of a tank, and the practicality and ease of entry of this minivan, all for about $30k less than a luxury brand mid-size SUV. All in all, we couldn't be happier!"

not very comfortable

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "steering feeling"

Cons: "indash electronics need a serous update"

"Pros 1.The handling is very nice and doesn't feel that you driving a minivan. 2.I see many users complained about cheap plastic materials, and I personally don’t see that as a big issue. I see lot of interior parts on Ebay and they are not very expensive. Cons: 1. The steering wheel center is not aligned with the center of the front driver side seat. The issue I personally see with that is ,the steering wheel center is little inwards to the seat. While driving ,I was used to holding the steering wheel with my left arm placed on the armrest. Now with this miss alignment, the hand is not conveniently reachable to place it on the armrest while holding the steering wheel. This is a big discomfort while doing the long drives. I am not sure if very tall people will have this problem, but I am 5'9" and I feel the problem. I am not sure if this is any way related, even the seats are too comfortable for long drives. I used to rent dodge caravan before having this van and I never felt this issue. I also rented Kia Sedona and even those seats are very comfortable. This steering and seat alignment I believe will also be for 2016 and 2017 models since Toyota did not redesign any major physical changes. 2. The Voice recognition is technically useless. My cell phone has much voice recognition system than my 35k van. 3. The USB port can't keep up with the Smartphone charging and its very slow. 4. The gas mileage is not as per the EPA numbers. On the high way I am getting around 23 and that’s 2 below the EPA 25.When checked with the dealer, he told that the mileage ratings were form EPA and they have nothing to do with it. I saw the KIA Sedon's EPA ratings and they are different for each model and the highest model has the least rating. I assume it has to do with the extra equipment they added on the vehicle. If that’s the case how come all the Sienna's have same EPA ratings irrespective of the sub-model. 5. Quality- My GPS broke in less than a year and it's been more than 3 months and the dealer did not replace it yet. 6. The seats are not 100% leather. Only the upper surfaces are leather. I have no issue until that part. But the adjustable hand rests are not in leather and that’s one of the pieces that you would touch a lot. I have a leather wrapped steering and they missed to add this small detail on the adjustable arm rests. 7. Not a big fan for their entune app except for their low fuel prompt and suggesting the nearest gas station. Also their live traffic update system is very slow and sometime its useless. I still rely on google maps for live traffic updates. I wish Toyota has android auto and that was really cool. I used it in an rental Hyundai Sanota and I really liked it. 8. The surround system for their audio is not calibrated correctly. You feel that all the sound is coming from the front speakers. I believe they calibrated it like for a car and ignored the 3rd row seats. I had to adjust the sound more to the back speakers to have that proper surround sound effect. 9. While making the U turn, I could hear a squeaking sound coming from the rear tires. I was not only the one with that issue. My friend went for a test drive and he complained the same and he did not ended buying a sienna. He bought an 4runner instead."

Good Minivan

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"Overall, I consider this is a good Minivan. At 45000 left rear power door started to make sounds, like damaged bearing. Changed tires at 35000 Miles."

This is the best minivan I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Pros: "Drives great, minimal upkeep,comfortable seating"

Cons: "headrest awkward armrest and middle seat small"

Sienna! Performance and styling made for family

"At first glance the sleek style is attractive.Inside is all the room you need with comfortable seating on all rows,and sufficient cargo space. Plenty of cupholders too. I love its ease of handling its quiet,smooth ride blended with the power and speed for the highway"

Sienna! Performance and styling made for family

Best mini-van for the money

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Looks, mileage, handling, space, seating"

Cons: "NONE"

"I tried them all before buying. None better then and I still feel the same."