2011 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

SE model is worth it

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, looks sharp in silver"

Cons: "drivers seat hurts my tail bone"

"You see a lot of Sienna vans out there, but there's something about the SE that catches ones eye. Much better looking than the base or LE model and even better looking than the flagship model. Leather trimmed seats let you breathe rather that sweat, the smoked head and tail lights the ground effects trim, What can I say... Its a good looking van. The coolest minivan out there."

Has Sienna before, they drive better than this

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "not many"

Cons: "see above"

"Hard to hold on road in wind. Rough riding compaired with 2008 and 2005 models. Nav system has a lot of incorrect information. Tells you to turn right when showing left on screen. Gave me 2 wrong turns on last trip. Had Garman before this van, never acted this way and had more features."

Engine troubled minivan

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Driving and handling are top of the line."

Cons: "Reliability is a great concern."

"With just 300 miles on my Sienna it has already been in for engine problems twice. After being in my garge only two days the entire oil content of the engine leak out on the floor. Car was towed to the dealership where the Toyota maintenance techs couldn't find a problem. The car's oil was topped off and I was then sent on my way home. To my un-surprise he next day the my minivan had created new pool of oil. On visit number two to the dealership it was determined the rear oil seal was leaking. This van has almost spent more time on tow trucks and maintenance racks as it has on the road. Other than the oil leak the Sienna drives great. Turning radius, power, and comfort are top of the line. The Sienna drives like a much smaller car."

Perfect vehicle for short and long trips!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Convenience (long-slide seats) comfort, cargo cap."

Cons: "3rd row headroom is low for a 6' tall man"

"Drives excellent, extremely comfortable, handles securely in all weather (including ice & snow). Tons of cargo capacity (carried an 8 foot Christmas tree inside with no problem, and also enough luggage (clothes and toys plus a travel crib) and personal belongings for a cross-country move with 5 people and a cat), major convenience - the long-sliding seats really let us customize the interior layout for different #'s of passengers and kids car seats. The fold-down screen for the DVD player doesn't block the rear-view, and the second row sunroof makes a really comfortable, open feeling cabin for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Our kid's friends and their parents are all saying they wish they had purchased one like ours instead of theirs. We have near Mercedes-Benz level luxury, the stability of a tank, and the practicality and ease of entry of this minivan, all for about $30k less than a luxury brand mid-size SUV. All in all, we couldn't be happier!"

not very comfortable

By on Friday, January 6, 2017

Pros: "steering feeling"

Cons: "indash electronics need a serous update"

"Pros 1.The handling is very nice and doesn't feel that you driving a minivan. 2.I see many users complained about cheap plastic materials, and I personally don’t see that as a big issue. I see lot of interior parts on Ebay and they are not very expensive. Cons: 1. The steering wheel center is not aligned with the center of the front driver side seat. The issue I personally see with that is ,the steering wheel center is little inwards to the seat. While driving ,I was used to holding the steering wheel with my left arm placed on the armrest. Now with this miss alignment, the hand is not conveniently reachable to place it on the armrest while holding the steering wheel. This is a big discomfort while doing the long drives. I am not sure if very tall people will have this problem, but I am 5'9" and I feel the problem. I am not sure if this is any way related, even the seats are too comfortable for long drives. I used to rent dodge caravan before having this van and I never felt this issue. I also rented Kia Sedona and even those seats are very comfortable. This steering and seat alignment I believe will also be for 2016 and 2017 models since Toyota did not redesign any major physical changes. 2. The Voice recognition is technically useless. My cell phone has much voice recognition system than my 35k van. 3. The USB port can't keep up with the Smartphone charging and its very slow. 4. The gas mileage is not as per the EPA numbers. On the high way I am getting around 23 and that’s 2 below the EPA 25.When checked with the dealer, he told that the mileage ratings were form EPA and they have nothing to do with it. I saw the KIA Sedon's EPA ratings and they are different for each model and the highest model has the least rating. I assume it has to do with the extra equipment they added on the vehicle. If that’s the case how come all the Sienna's have same EPA ratings irrespective of the sub-model. 5. Quality- My GPS broke in less than a year and it's been more than 3 months and the dealer did not replace it yet. 6. The seats are not 100% leather. Only the upper surfaces are leather. I have no issue until that part. But the adjustable hand rests are not in leather and that’s one of the pieces that you would touch a lot. I have a leather wrapped steering and they missed to add this small detail on the adjustable arm rests. 7. Not a big fan for their entune app except for their low fuel prompt and suggesting the nearest gas station. Also their live traffic update system is very slow and sometime its useless. I still rely on google maps for live traffic updates. I wish Toyota has android auto and that was really cool. I used it in an rental Hyundai Sanota and I really liked it. 8. The surround system for their audio is not calibrated correctly. You feel that all the sound is coming from the front speakers. I believe they calibrated it like for a car and ignored the 3rd row seats. I had to adjust the sound more to the back speakers to have that proper surround sound effect. 9. While making the U turn, I could hear a squeaking sound coming from the rear tires. I was not only the one with that issue. My friend went for a test drive and he complained the same and he did not ended buying a sienna. He bought an 4runner instead."