2011 Toyota Sienna

8.3

Based on 143 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

LuvMyToy

By on Monday, February 27, 2017

Pros: "fun to drive, practical,great for trips"

Cons: "see review"

"Love my Sienna, dependable, stylish, comfortable for long family road trips, handles great in snow, Love my leather heated seats. Cons: Expensive for what you get...Road noise could be better. Seat is heavy and removal is clumsy. No option offered for leather seat cooling. Recommended oil is synthetic(increased cost).Tires are filled with nitrogen (increased cost) which is suppose to help life of tires and gas mileage (untrue) because the recommended tires have short tread life with this van even with rotating every oil change. (tire reviews from on line owners state this van in particular has this tire issue). Back up camera and sensors dont alert driver to small obstacles below sensors. ie...wheel barrel that someone left near my vehicles Left bumper out of back up cameras width range, rear mirror and side mirror sight as well as bumper sensor height."

Connect your phone to navigation before you buy.

By on Monday, July 17, 2017

Pros: "Toyota Quality and reliablity"

Cons: "Pretend this car doesnt have a navigation system."

"Toyota is an outstanding for their mechanical quality and reliability. Time will tell if this model lives up to it. We bought the car because of the 8th seat. It is fine for a small person but it is too small to fit a booster seat. Honda Odyssey fits that 8th seat better. As of 7/17/2017 The GPS scout software for navigation is horrible. Hook up your phone and try it during the test drive. It might be ok if you dont own a cell phone, but any app on the cell phone (Such as google maps) blows this out of the water. Some huge issues: 1) You cannot reroute without canceling the trip and starting over. 2) it can display a map of real time traffic but it cannot route around it. Nor can you zoom in, nor can you see the traffic with your map routed. 3) Software is notably buggy. It doesnt always connect through the phone. 4) Android Auto exists but evidently you cannot use it on this car! 5) A passenger cannot enter route info while the car is driving! This combined with: 6) -_ Voice recognition is a joke. My wife and I took turns trying and we might get an address after 5 mins of trying, but usually just gave up and use google maps on the phone. 7) All this phone would have to do is mirror my cell phone but evidently it cannot do this! 8) I was counting on this as a safety feature and now realize that I am still using my phone for navigation and cannot make use of the larger screen for navigation. I am very frustrated with this and can only hope that it gets better...perhaps with an update (seems like all the hardware is present for it to be very good). For this reason ONLY I feel like selling the car but am probably stuck with it for the next 20 years. Maybe Ill duck tape a 100 tablet over the existing display..."

Best Van Period

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "values, quality, features"

"After test drivng Honda Oddessy, Chrysler and a Ford Flex and Nissan Quest (recent test drive as this just came out) this was the best vehicle. After 8 months we still love this van to death. It is so spacious and so comfortable. I 'd wish to write more but just don't have the time. We spent so much time on research etc and this was the best value."

Hockey Mom's dream

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

"We are not much of a van family. However, Toyota Sienna met our needs: AWD - for those bad weather hockey days (hockey games never get cancelled!) and CARGO SPACE - we can fit 4 hockey bags in the back cargo area without having to fold a seat. We purchased the LE without the leather and had it added since we have a dog and 'messy' kids. It cost less purchasing the LE and adding the leather than purchasing the model that has leather included. We purchased the 7 seater (not the 8) so our two kids could have their own bucket seats and their friends could easily access the 3rd row. LOVE THIS VAN!"

Great family vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy interior, nice comfort features"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"A pleasure to drive. Not your typical "soccer mom" vehicle. Nice styling, handles well, and has plenty of power when needed. Gas mileage is average."

Very good condition

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Great"

Cons: "Thank"

"Thank you for rate my car on kelly blue book."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Amazing to Drive"

"I recently traded my Mercedes ML to purchase the Sienna and it was without a doubt the best car buying decision I have ever made. I love everything about this van from the interior room to the handling. I test drove the Dodge and Chrysler vans and Toyota Sienna wins out Hands down!"

Overall excellent

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "Great handling for long drives - lots of room"

Cons: "Weak bumpers, cannot see front hood"

"Great looking reliable transportation. A lot of room. Only short coming is the exterior bumpers - breathe on them and they dislodge or become easily scratched and damaged. Don't buy without a backup camera!"

I love this minivan!

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pros: "drives great, great options, the room!"

Cons: "expensive new, but worth it!"

"What a great way to get extra space and still have luuxury! The Toyota minivan is the only minivan in the ISA that is sold with an All-Wheel-Drive option. It has so many luxurious options that make it wonderful. It is so great with kids. I would recommend this to anyone. I plan to keep mine for a very long time!"

Toyota Sienna

By on Saturday, July 31, 2010

"I bought this vehicle 15 days ago i really love it, always bargain with dealer get some shopping done before making any deal. prices varies with all dealers select the best deal and ask your nearest dealer to match. The performance of the vehicle is too good I really enjoyed"

Sliding door

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Drives well, nice removable middle seat in 2nd row"

Cons: "Overpriced, unreliable sliding doors/moonroof"

"I've had this van for almost 1 1/2 yrs. One of the reasons we bought it was b/c of the sliding doors. Also, I insisted on the XLE model b/c I wanted a moonroof. For the past 6 mos or so the right side passenger door (2nd row) will not open when I push the button on the roof/ceiling. This is hugely inconvenient as my 4 yr old has a kiss"

The best minivan for 2014, AWD great in winter.

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pros: "Price was highest in range, that's Toyota!"

Cons: "Hard interior materials, needs better gas mileage."

"The only complaints I have, better interior materials; better gas mileage if 4 cyl turbo was used; and sportier handling package."

Best Family Hauler

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"Smooth ride, good acceleration, quiet interior even at 85-90 mph. I get 26 mpg in straight highway driving going between 70-85 mph, with occasionally aggressive merging and lane changing over an 80 mile stretch, I imagine alot of V6 owners will be envious of that (especially the AWD owners). I find the engine very satisfactory and the suspension perfect even when hauling my four kids, wife and all our stuff. Interior is attractive and comfortable, lots of storage and head/foot room. The new 2011 design is eye catching and gets lots of attention where ever we go, it's really sporty."

Took a step back

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Radio, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Center seats, seat wells, gauges, vents, mileage"

"I am currently leasing a 2011 LE after previously leasing a 2007 LE. Compared to the 2007, it seems that Toyota has cut corners on creature comforts and useability. I need a van primarily for cargo space and secondarily for the occasional family trip with kids and grandchild. Center seat operation is now a two hand operation, where it once only required a flip of a lever to move it out of the way for rear seat entry. The long slide feature in the 2011 leaves an attachment protruding about 2" above the floor when the seat is removed - not flat like the '07. The right hand center row seat assembly is much wider to accommodate the middle "8th" passenger seat which attaches to the base of the seat assembly, thus making it much more difficult to remove. I didn't want an 8 passenger vehicle, but had no choice with the V6. The '07 had a fold down tray between the front seats which allowed long objects (such as 2X4s) to extend to the front dashboard and not hang out the rear. The '11 has a non-removeable console between the front seats instead. When the rear seats are up in place, the well behind them does not have a flat bottom. The seat attachment arms rest along the bottom making it difficult to store things flat. I miss having the power rear vent windows that I had on the '07, and the instrumentation is a definite downgrade from the Optitron gauges on the '07. Gas mileage is about 1-2 mpg less than the '07 with identical driving habits. Takes a long time to get warm inside when it's cold outside. I was told that this is typical with vans because of the large interior volume. Placement of some controls (such as passenger temperature) is a reach for the driver. While this isn't a problem if there is a passenger, I frequently drive alone, and sometimes have to adjust it. Dashboard seems to be made of cheap plastic, and does not project quality. While the rear camera sounds good in theory, I rarely use it - just too many places to look when backing up. The radio is a definite improvement over the '07, but I've never known anyone to buy a vehicle based on a radio. The ride is comfortable, as was the '07, and Toyota reliability continues to be their strong suit."

Great van!

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Great interior size and versatility"

Cons: "gas mileage about 21 combined city and highway"

"We traded in our 2001 Sienna for the 2011 a year ago. The 2011 van is larger and provides more leg room--our kids are much larger now! We looked at an Odyssey but found this roomier inside. Our 2001 had over 200000 miles on it--no complaints. We have been very happy overall with the van. The only negatives--I wish it had better gas mileage, and the run-flat tires were shot at 35000 miles--with no warranty on them, new tires cost us 1500."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

"This is a modified rear entry wheelchair van. Like new with only 2,000 miles. Still has new smell. It came with dual power sliding doors, blue tooth, backing camera, power windows/door locks, keyless entry, and power driver seat."

This vehicle drives like a luxury car it seems.

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "great design, quiet ride, good and adequate power"

Cons: "tendency to bump gear shift knob"

"This past June we really loaded up this vehicle-had 5 adults, one infant and one toddler and one 10 year old plus their respective small luggages for a weekend trip. It was still comfortable to ride,the vehicle has a lot of places to put drinks, had comfortable leg room, had plenty of power for passing, it was quiet too. Liked the information on fuel consumption.Liked the sunshades and the second windows able to open halfway. Cons: tendency to bump the gear shift knob when one reaches for the radio knobs.Sound quality not that great."

Sienna SE is the best Minivanas of today

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Most of today's minivans satify the user's needs. But that still sets them apart due to many reasons. Here is the easiest review. Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey are the two best minivans as of today. PERIOD. Others are just surviving due to lower pricing(Dodge/Chrysler) or Tech (Nissan Quest). For exterior looks, Sienna SE beats Odyssey by miles. It is also good looking than XLE or Limited. Coming to Drive/Handling, Sienna SE is exciting with sport tuned suspension and transmission. Odyssey is also good here. For tech features and equipments, Odyssey is better than Sienna. Seating is good on both Sienna and Odyssey. Configurations are slightly different. Please explore according to your taste. Odyssey has a better mileage than Sienna. Sienna has slightly bigger Cargo space than Odyssey. Sienna SE is priced lesser than Odyssey EX-L or Touring Overall winner is Sienna SE (Mix of both the worlds) !! Ranking (Overall with price included). This applies to 2014 model - 1. Sienna SE (with Navigation) 2. Odyssey Touring 3. Odyssey EX-L (with Navigation) 4. Sienna XLE 5. Odyssey Touring Elite 6. Sienna Limited"

A bad case of buyer's remorse

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "comfortable space for passengers and cargo"

Cons: "noisy, poor mileage, poor radio and camera / nav"

"I purchased my Sienna XLE AWD in late January 2013 and I now have 13,000+ miles on it. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with both the vehicle and Toyota’s response to one particular problem. The radio has a very bad echo which occurs on multiple stations but frequently on one particularly station, which just so happens to be my favorite station. It appears to be a reception related problem since I can duplicate it every time I drive certain routes. Understand that this is a local station, with very good reception, along the same routes, in every other vehicle I own, or have owned. I encountered the problem the first time I drove the vehicle and every time I drive the vehicle. The dealership has “worked” on the problem three separate times. The first two times, they told me they were able to duplicate the problem (on routes nowhere near my normal driving routes). Both times they “did some diagnostics” but were unable to fix the problem. We arranged for a third visit when they could have a Toyota district service rep available to review the problem. They kept the car for three days. At they end of the three days they told me that they had replaced the radio with a radio from another, new Sienna on their lot. It performed exactly as the original radio (with the echo). Therefore, they said, the radio was functioning as designed and there was nothing they could do to solve the problem. The dealership apologized but said that they had worked closely with Toyota and that it was Toyota’s decision. I open a claim with Toyota’s national hotline. I got a call from a very polite man who told me that he had investigated the problem. He gave me enough specifics (both specifics of the problem and the names of service personnel at the dealership) to satisfy me that he had indeed looked into it. His bottom line however, was that, although Toyota acknowledged there was a problem, the radio “was functioning as designed” and therefore they could (would) do nothing to correct it. Really?!?! I guess when you only pay $40,000+ for a vehicle, a working radio is too much to expect. I also asked the dealership (on my first checkup) to look into what I believed was extremely excessive road noise. They did look into it but before they even did so, they said it was most likely, you guessed it, functioning as designed. When I picked the car up after that appointment they told me that the noise level was “normal” for that vehicle due to a combination of wind noise from the design and road noise from the run-flat tires. That was disappointing to hear, but I understand a problem that can’t be fixed until the vehicle is redesigned. My third problem with the vehicle is with the GPS / backup camera screen. I did buy the GPS option, really to get a larger backup screen. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE. The screen does not have a visor and the angle of the mounting often renders it useless in bright sunlight. In addition, the “upgrade” to the larger screen for the backup camera, does not include the projection lines for that camera screen, a very useful tool I see on virtually all backup screens on 2013 vehicles. Lastly, the gas mileage is terrible. I knew going in that, with the AWD, it wouldn’t be good but I was hoping for something close to the rating of 20 -21. The actual is 17 – 18. Poor performance in my opinion for a 2013. There are definitely the positives you expect from a mini van – comfortable room for seven people, lots of cargo room, etc. However, I am very disappointed with Toyota Corp. compared to the car company I enjoyed years ago as the maker of my Avalon. That was a great car and we got great service throughout the 212,000 miles we put on her. Unfortunately, Toyota Corp. has changed and this is the last one of their cars I will purchase."

Has given excellent service for a family hauler.

By on Friday, December 16, 2016

Pros: "Almost everything. Very convenient to use."

Cons: "Some maintenance items difficult to do. gas milea"

"Great workmanship. Great dealership service. have really enjoyed owing this vehicle. So much, we recently purchased a 2016 Sienna XLE."

I love this van! Except for...

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, fun to drive"

Cons: "difficult to access the third row"

"I just bought this van. I had a 2003 with 120,000 miles on it and though I LOVED it, I do drive a lot and wanted to move to a new van before the old one died. I did speak to owners of both Siennas and Odysseys, and the Siennas were highly recommended. I love this van! Except for the fact that with the 8 seater, you cannot remove the console between the 2nd row captain's chairs. This means my kids have to either jump over or step on it to get to the third row. It also makes it hard for an adult to get to the back seat. Otherwise, I find it very comfortable and roomy!"

Known Steering Problems

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "Known Steering issue and no resolution from Toyota"

"I have had numerous issues with the steering wheel not straight when driving down the road. I worked with the dealer for several months on this issue and they root caused the issue with alignment, need new tires (defective), etc. After several months of dealing with this issue they found out that if you tilt the steering column then the steering wheel will NOT be straight. The alignment is set to one setting of the steering column and if you adjust your steering column you will see that your steering wheel will not be straight when driving straight. The Toyota dealer escalated this issue to Toyota Corp and Toyota Corp did not want to fix the issue because there is no easy fix. If i would of known of this issue before I purchases this vehicle, I would of NOT purchased it. Keep in mind I wasted several months and unnecessary resolutions to this issue. Please make sure when you test drive the 2011/2012 Sienna that you adjust the steering column so you can observe the issue yourself."

definitely the best van

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "best looking van, smooth engine and suspension"

"Through my 32 years of driving and from the beginning i've always been a minivan's owner and this van is the most reliable and look so beautifull. Some are complaining about too much plastics, but how much is too much ? This van is the best peace of mind you can buy, believe me, I've had many american and korean brands of minivans and if you want have time and money for you instead of the dealers you should get this minivan as for now i didn't yet waste my time at my toyota dealer as I do my own oil and filters change. the V6 is so smooth and powerful when needed. Sure I also had an Odyssey from Honda but i preferred the smoothness of suspension of the Sienna, and also that it has a timing chain instead of a belt on the Odyssey V6"

Best Minivan out there - Toyota Sienna SE

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "great styling, Toyota quality and resale"

Cons: "19" rims have pricey V rated tires as the only option"

"I travel as representative for a manufacturer and have owned Dodge Caravan's, a new '04 Honda Odyssey EXL and a '07 Honda Odyssey Touring. The last Odyssey was not a good experience with quality and the APX tires were a nightmare. After owning a 4 Runner(Superb) and a '08 Sequoia, my company wanted me to drive a van again. Drove the Odyssey again, the new 4 Runner, then saw and loved the Sienna SE. Really nice looking for a van and well designed and put together. The SE model is unique with a sportier look and 19" wheels. This would be the only gripe is the handling is too sporty for highway vehicle and the power is unbelievable for a minivan. This would compete with my Sequoia with the 5.7ltr V8 381hp. Same engine and 6 spd tranny as my wifes new Venza AWD. The SE is a bargain at $35K and a great factory pkg with the moonroof and power sliders and hatch. Bluetooth works great and like the XM integrated stereo. New tires will be $235 ea for the 19" Michelin MXV4 V rated tires. These are too aggressive for a daily driver is the only thing I would change. Bought Toyota's bargain extended warranty with purchase to 125,000 miles, it's cheap they say as they know you won't have issues. Others complain on the plastic, but you get used to it's funky texture and it is durable and at least not shiney plastic, but soft feel and texture."

Best minivan made, better than the Odyssey

By on Monday, December 9, 2013