2009 Toyota Sienna

Based on 707 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

Love it

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"We needed an 8 passenger vehicle, and were limited to this and the Honda Odyssy. Our local Honda dealership did not have any instock at the time we were looking so we only tried the Sienna. We absolutely love it. The only things I would change is the back up sensors. I hate them. They go off randomly as far as I can tell. They beep frequently when pulling out of the garage as they can sense the door frame on the sides, as if I didn't know. Then I can back almost into the fence behind my house and it doesn't go off, but it will again when the driveway dips a bit, hate it, I override it automatically now. Hit reverse, hit override. The other thing I would change about mine is it only has one power door, I would prefer to have both rear doors powered as well as the rear door. We can fit three carseats in the rear bench seat, which was the selling point for us. Ours has anchors in all but one position in the rear, The seats fold up easily for cleaning, and plenty of drink holders in the back as well as the front. The middle seats don't have access to enough cup holders, but each door has a bottle holder which is fine for the older kids. I've ridden a couple of times in the middle and rear and there is plenty of room for an adult in each case, although it would probably not be good for longer trips, but airport runs are fine. Anyway, love it. We bought new so all repairs have been covered under the warranty. The only overnight stay at the service department was for a broken fuel pump."

Very Nice Vehicle - Some Issues

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"We bought a brand new 2007 LE model (the first brand new car I've ever owned). We really like the car - very comfortable, tons of power, plenty of room and great gas mileage (20-21 around town, 25-27 on trips). Unfortunately we also had a few issues in the 1st 36K miles of ownership. First the power door lock module went out on the passenger door at around 30K miles. Dealer replaced it under warranty. Then at 35K miles, the driver's side power door lock module went out as well as the passenger's visor light (not a big deal for the visor light, but I was getting annoyed at this point). Both items were fixed under warranty again. We decided to purchase the extended warranty in case we had any further issues (the lock modules alone were over $500/each plus installation - glad it wasn't on my dime!) It's good we did since now the driver's seat belt latch mechanism is giving us problems. We really like the van, but I don't think we should have had 3 repairs before the 36K mile warranty expired and another that will be required before 40K miles."

Luxurious and comfortable, practical too!

By on Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pros: "great price, lots of life left, smooth ride"

Cons: "one dent on driver's doorjam- doesn't affect drive"

"Excellent vehicle for family, transporting "stuff", and road trips. New front brakes and rotors, tires, windshield..."

Low Quality

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I have a 2005 sienna limited. Both side doors do not work and we have had to shut off the automation as it closed on my daughter and wouldn't release. The rear hatch had to have the hydraulics replace and we have had to take it to the shop for 3 other recalls. Very expensive vehicle for the defects that continue to reveal themselves."

love toyotas

By on Friday, May 8, 2009

"Very easy to get parents walkers in and out of the back door, enough room for two walkers and a wheelchair in the back well. Easy to get in and out of because there is no lip at the door to have to raise the foot over. The seats are wider than any other van on the market, so comfortable for a larger size person. Great for long distance trips. Lots of room for hauling items. This vehicle is better than a truck because of the versatility."