2004 Toyota Sienna

Based on 707 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

best van

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I have 05 Sienna LE (243K miles) and 05 Sienna CE (205K miles). I would recomment LE as it's quality is better comparing to CE. We've been riding those cars very hard. They are 4.5 years old right now. Gas Mileage ranges from 21-24 MPG in city to 24 (80 mph) - 27 (65 mph) on highway. We use Synthesic oil and do oil changes every 15K or so. So far, we changed timing belts at around 150K, right wheel bearings (242K on LE, 150K on CE.), and ceramic brake pads every 40K. Also, driver door stops broke on both cars in their first year due to bad quality welding job. It happened after cars reached 36K, so we did not bother fixing that. Also, radio volume bottons went bad a few months ago on both cars, but LE has volume controls on the steering wheel that still work fine. Otherwise, both Siennas outperformed (gas mileage, quality, and comfort) all other vans (10) that we have or had before. I hope to see one of my vans going over 300K within a year. My next van is going to be a Sienna too."

This vans gets amazing mpg

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

"My family bought a 2008 Sienna 8 passenger LE in March 08. No problems. Highway MPG is amazing considering the size, volume available, and the power the vehicle possesses. On highway trips (we frequent the mountains) we average 30 mpg, and have never gotten less than 27 - this is driving the speed limit on the interstate (75 mph), not poking along. In town, we routinely get 20 mpg - if you stay off the accelerator. I don't understand those that claim they get poor mileage unless they drive around in 1st gear. My wife and I argued about which vehicle we wanted, but ultimately she won. And I'm glad. We have a vehicle that gets respectable mileage considering its size and power. It will set you back in the seat. It's not like driving a van. It's no sports car, but it has more than enough power and it's smooth, thanks to a 6 speed transmission. We liked the Honda, but ultimately we chose the Sienna because of it's ride, power and options. Plus, the price my wife negotiated was about $2,000 less than an equivalent Honda."

Hasn't left me stranded yet....2005 Sienna XLE AWD

By on Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, love the AWD feature"

Cons: "Sliding door issues - Big safety concern"

"LOVED (past tense) this van when I initially purchased it. Except now the passenger sliding door has failed. Cable got stuck in the wheel. When you google this issue there are TONS of people with the same problem, but I only found this out when I encountered this issue myself. There is now even a Facebook page dedicated to this defect in the Sienna (cable failure in sliding door). The door will not open or close, not even manually. I had to drive home with my door wide open. My husband eventually cut the cable, per other owners advice, and now I can close the door manually. The cost to repair is around $1,600. I am keeping a wire cutter in my car in case it happens to the other side. Spoke w/ Toyota and the dealership and both deny that this is an issue. Basically neither was able to explain why the door doesn't have an override feature to allow me to manually close the door. Sure paid enough for this vehicle for something so simple to go wrong."

Frustrasting poor quality

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Great ride and power, plenty of room, love the folding rear seats, excellent on long drives. No engine probems after 65K miles. After only 40K miles we had to have the driver and passenger front doors re-welded and repaired at a cost of over $1000. The passenger front window has also failed and the repair estimate is $1400. These are *very* basic quality issues. I am expecting more issues in the years ahead and plan to unload this dog and buy a Honda. How can you pay almost $30K for a car that has such basic problems."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"We have owned this veh since 2004 and have not had any problems with it. It has over 175000 miles and is still going strong"