2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 408 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Best vehicle I ever had!

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"First let me say that I wrecked my van last weekend & am waiting w/ to learn whether or not it'll be considered a total loss. I hope not!! My Y2K Sienna has 198,000 miles on the odometer now, and had 55K on it when I bought it from a private seller 6 years ago. In all those miles, I have done regular maintenance, replaced 2 batteries (entertainment system over-usage while waiting for kids at various activities) and had a minor repair to an outside piece of the transmission. Also the lift-back door handle snapped at one point. The transmission repair was $300, the hatchback handle was less than $100. That's it. Less than $400 in repairs on an 8 year old van with nearly 200,000 miles on it. Most importantly, I had 5 kids in the van when I crashed. All 6 of us were fine- not one of us was even bruised. I have never doubted why this van was voted the safest vehicle on the road when it came out, edging out even the regaled Volvo. My Sienna is fabulously comfortable on long trips as well. The 2nd row Captain's chairs are easily as comfortable as the driver's seat. I hope my van is repairable, but if it isn't I will buy another Sienna without reservation. I've done the preliminary research and the only van that I think could even compete with the Sienna, is Honda's Odyssey. Everything else just pales in comparison."

Suburban plus

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"Bought the LE in 2002 new. Looked at Odyssey but hard to get. Have 63,000miles now. Not disapointed so far. Wife drives 30 miles round trip winding, hilly road to work daily, mileage w/V6 is only 16-17mpg, but she loves how it handles. Longer beach trips loaded @ 21 mpg. Tires do wear, due esp to weight on front end; suggest allignment program @NTB. Brakes replaced every 13-16K as she DRIVES; rotors repl @ 62K! Front strut seal broke @ 55K, replaced both. Fuel sensor repl@ 59K. Regular oil changes; keeps running great. Fit and finish are holding up well. Exterior still looks new. Very pleased but the daily mpg is a killer! Tune up can only replace front 3 plugs, other 3 need mechanic as unreachable. She loves it, I get to drive it to fill it up, and on long trips. Great on the highway."

Best Minivan Available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I bought this van after my old Acura Integra died. My family loves it! We take lots of 300 mile trips and it's the most comfortable way to travel. With first and second row captain's chairs and a third row split bench, there's plenty of room to stretch out. Privacy glass keeps the sun from glaring in, and there's cupholders and storage cubbies galore! We've never had any mechanical troubles, and the odometer just turned over 200,000 miles. However, looking at it and driving it, you'd swear it didn't even have 60,000 miles. The only problem I've experienced is from the power rear vent windows. When I first bought the van, I opened those windows and it took forever to get them closed again. Weak motor, maybe? Other than that, I'm looking forward to the next 200,000 miles! If you want a minivan that will stand the test of time, don't buy a Dodge, Ford, Nissan, Chevy or even a Honda van. None of these are anywhere near the dependability and reliability of the Toyo Sienna!"

The best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine, well built body, dependable"

Cons: "I've tried, really, but I can't think of any."

Jan. 2014 taken in Kentucky after driving through the second blizzard that month.

"I bought my 2000 Toyota Sienna in Nov. 1999 with 103 miles on it. We bought an XLE, with the towing package and with the plan to put 300,000 miles on it. 15 yrs out now, my van has 180,000 miles on it and it's been all over the country, driven through several blizzards, through mountain passes, and on city streets in 103 degree weather. We perform the recommended maintenance on time, every time. I steam clean the carpets once a year, even the interior looks like a newer vehicle. The engine runs like it is brand new. I love the power available in the engine, such as when I've made an error on an entrance ramp and need to gun it to make sure I'm not forcing someone to slam on their brakes. The engine has never needed anything but normal maintenance. I have flushed every fluid for the second time now and fully expect I'll put another 100,000 miles on it. The rear hatch handle is made of hard plastic, it had to be replaced recently and I replaced to with a metal one myself. Nothing else has given us a problem. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm thrilled to be driving an engine with 180,000 miles with no foreseen need to rebuild the engine. I drove it halfway across the country in January, through 2 blizzards and the TN mountains twice without a doubt of its ability. I'm very glad to own this vehicle. The photo was taken in Kentucky at the end of the second blizzard."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "It drives like a dream."

Cons: "I can't think of any."

"Our family has had nothing but the best service from this vehicle. Even though it is a mini van and nobody gets really excited about owing one, once you drive it, you'll be sold. It has made my life so much easier with its power doors and video system. I'd recommend it to anyone."