2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 407 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great minivan with few drawbacks.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seating and a good ride."

Cons: "Cheap outside handles!!!!!"

"Great driving record with no repairs other than new brakes. I bought it new and now it is 9 years later and my biggest complaint is that I have had to replace 4 handles at over $200 per handle. :O They are apparently made of plastic (to lighten the van for gas mileage I was told???) which did not survive the teen years with all the sports trips with tons of other teens! I hated every time another handle broke as I already knew the large cost involved in replacing it. Otherwise....good van."

Original Owner - Best car ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pros: "It just keeps going - Oh what a Feeling!"

Cons: "Engine prone to problems if not maintained"

"Bought this LE new in April 2000. Most trouble free vehicle ever owned. Aside for normal maintenance items (brakes, belts, hoses, timing belt, rear shocks, & battery), the only items that have required replacement have been the rear hatch outer latch, a seat back bolt and some engine sensors. Have had problems with a brake light not working in the gate and replacement brake rotors from the dealership warping. Sure, I wish for better gas mileage (21 mpg freeway), but the reliability has overshadowed the want for any design changes. Due to a Toyota engine design issue, I highly recommend regular oil changes using quality synthetic motor oil - I started using synthetic at 30K miles and have had no issues. We've driven this van fully loaded looking like the Beverly Hillbillies cross country, towed a camp trailer through the mountains several times, and have used it to tow a car on a towing dolly. Someday, after this van is retired from family shuttling duties, I am convinced it will still be so robust that I am starting to make plans now to convert the inside into a camper."

Great car

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "dependable car"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"This is one of the best cars I've ever had. It owes me nothing. Very limited repairs, excellent on the road gas mileage. The muffler is starting to get loud and my husband spent $800.00 7 months ago on all new timing belts, etc. and doesn't want to put any more money into it. Think we'll donate it to the Vets. Someone is going to get a nice car."

Extremely reliable minivan

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

"My Toyota Sienna minivan has 230,000 miles (and counting) and other than routine maintenance has given me very little problems. This car has been an excellent value and transported our family and a lot of stuff all over the country. I love my little green van!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Drives like a car, especially on turns."

Cons: "Needs a center console for storage."

"I own a 2000 CE model, purchased in 2004 with 42k miles. This model doesn't have any fancy features, but as a basic minivan it has served us well. The back two rows of seats are removable easily. We have loaded drywall, appliances without any issues. The only real problem we have had is replacing the latch on the tailgate, $70 DIY job. My husband takes care of regular oil changes, we have spent money on regular maintenance of the vehicle as recommended by Toyota. Mirror cover under the visor on passenger side broke."