2003 Toyota Sienna

Based on 407 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

17 YEARS AND STILL GOING

By on Friday, January 29, 2016

"Bought the 2000 Sienna in 1999 when the kids were still in baby car seats. It's 17 years later and the van still works great and even still looks good! Mechanically, it has been awesome. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. We have been dutiful in doing the major services recommended by Toyota, as well as keeping the oil changes, tire rotations, etc. up to date. We have had to replace the plastic door handles on the driver and passenger door, and the handle on the rear hatch as well. If that is all I can complain about in all this time, you can guess we have been pretty happy with this van. But, thats why we bought a Toyota in the first place. We have other newer Toyota's, but this is the one we get into for a long family trip, as it is the roomiest and most comfy for the family. AND, even with its age, still very secure and safe. Love my Toyota!"

300,000 + miles

By on Sunday, February 28, 2016

"Over 300,000 miles and no major repairs. Parts are available for the little things like lights, door handles, etc that wore out.I hope it makes it another 100,000 as I can't think of any other car I would want."

Overall, it's a good vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliable engine and transmission"

Cons: "Poor interior build quality"

"I've owned a Sienna CE for 13 years. The engine and transmission have been good. The troublesome things are that many of the parts inside the van have broken. These were not all done by our kids (who are now grown). I think there is a certain amount of planned obsolescence in this vehicle. Then again, that may be true of other manufacturers. We have also had a few oddball electrical problems with our Sienna. The driver's seatbelt light comes on, even when the driver is buckled. The parking brake light is on, even when the parking brake is not set."

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 4, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"

A real workhorse!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Strength, room, simplicity"

Cons: "As mine was a CE, not much for accessories"

"Being a single, older, woman, I am often asked why I need a van. My 2000 Sienna CE allow me to take my mother on the last road trip of her life - comfortably. Later, it became the easiest vehicle in the family to get her into and out of when she was wheelchair bound. It has hauled gardening rock for a three tier garden, gotten a groom and his groomsmen to the church on time, etc. I will miss her, but with my limited knowledge of car care I hope to find someone to take better care of her for her next 100K miles! And I'd buy another 2000 Sienna with fewer miles in a minute!"

Original Owner - Best car ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pros: "It just keeps going - Oh what a Feeling!"

Cons: "Engine prone to problems if not maintained"

"Bought this LE new in April 2000. Most trouble free vehicle ever owned. Aside for normal maintenance items (brakes, belts, hoses, timing belt, rear shocks, & battery), the only items that have required replacement have been the rear hatch outer latch, a seat back bolt and some engine sensors. Have had problems with a brake light not working in the gate and replacement brake rotors from the dealership warping. Sure, I wish for better gas mileage (21 mpg freeway), but the reliability has overshadowed the want for any design changes. Due to a Toyota engine design issue, I highly recommend regular oil changes using quality synthetic motor oil - I started using synthetic at 30K miles and have had no issues. We've driven this van fully loaded looking like the Beverly Hillbillies cross country, towed a camp trailer through the mountains several times, and have used it to tow a car on a towing dolly. Someday, after this van is retired from family shuttling duties, I am convinced it will still be so robust that I am starting to make plans now to convert the inside into a camper."

Great minivan with few drawbacks.

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable seating and a good ride."

Cons: "Cheap outside handles!!!!!"

"Great driving record with no repairs other than new brakes. I bought it new and now it is 9 years later and my biggest complaint is that I have had to replace 4 handles at over $200 per handle. :O They are apparently made of plastic (to lighten the van for gas mileage I was told???) which did not survive the teen years with all the sports trips with tons of other teens! I hated every time another handle broke as I already knew the large cost involved in replacing it. Otherwise....good van."

Great car

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pros: "dependable car"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"This is one of the best cars I've ever had. It owes me nothing. Very limited repairs, excellent on the road gas mileage. The muffler is starting to get loud and my husband spent $800.00 7 months ago on all new timing belts, etc. and doesn't want to put any more money into it. Think we'll donate it to the Vets. Someone is going to get a nice car."

Extremely reliable minivan

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

"My Toyota Sienna minivan has 230,000 miles (and counting) and other than routine maintenance has given me very little problems. This car has been an excellent value and transported our family and a lot of stuff all over the country. I love my little green van!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Drives like a car, especially on turns."

Cons: "Needs a center console for storage."

"I own a 2000 CE model, purchased in 2004 with 42k miles. This model doesn't have any fancy features, but as a basic minivan it has served us well. The back two rows of seats are removable easily. We have loaded drywall, appliances without any issues. The only real problem we have had is replacing the latch on the tailgate, $70 DIY job. My husband takes care of regular oil changes, we have spent money on regular maintenance of the vehicle as recommended by Toyota. Mirror cover under the visor on passenger side broke."