ZIP code

2001 Toyota Sienna

Based on 407 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

17 YEARS AND STILL GOING

By on Friday, January 29, 2016

"Bought the 2000 Sienna in 1999 when the kids were still in baby car seats. It's 17 years later and the van still works great and even still looks good! Mechanically, it has been awesome. Absolutely no mechanical problems whatsoever. We have been dutiful in doing the major services recommended by Toyota, as well as keeping the oil changes, tire rotations, etc. up to date. We have had to replace the plastic door handles on the driver and passenger door, and the handle on the rear hatch as well. If that is all I can complain about in all this time, you can guess we have been pretty happy with this van. But, thats why we bought a Toyota in the first place. We have other newer Toyota's, but this is the one we get into for a long family trip, as it is the roomiest and most comfy for the family. AND, even with its age, still very secure and safe. Love my Toyota!"

300,000 + miles

By on Sunday, February 28, 2016

"Over 300,000 miles and no major repairs. Parts are available for the little things like lights, door handles, etc that wore out.I hope it makes it another 100,000 as I can't think of any other car I would want."

Overall, it's a good vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Reliable engine and transmission"

Cons: "Poor interior build quality"

"I've owned a Sienna CE for 13 years. The engine and transmission have been good. The troublesome things are that many of the parts inside the van have broken. These were not all done by our kids (who are now grown). I think there is a certain amount of planned obsolescence in this vehicle. Then again, that may be true of other manufacturers. We have also had a few oddball electrical problems with our Sienna. The driver's seatbelt light comes on, even when the driver is buckled. The parking brake light is on, even when the parking brake is not set."

A real workhorse!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Strength, room, simplicity"

Cons: "As mine was a CE, not much for accessories"

"Being a single, older, woman, I am often asked why I need a van. My 2000 Sienna CE allow me to take my mother on the last road trip of her life - comfortably. Later, it became the easiest vehicle in the family to get her into and out of when she was wheelchair bound. It has hauled gardening rock for a three tier garden, gotten a groom and his groomsmen to the church on time, etc. I will miss her, but with my limited knowledge of car care I hope to find someone to take better care of her for her next 100K miles! And I'd buy another 2000 Sienna with fewer miles in a minute!"

Great Family Car!

By on Monday, August 4, 2014

"I drove it 220,000 miles over 16 years. Really like the bucket seats in the back and also like the fact that you could remove the seats. Lots of capacity. In fact, more than my husband's truck. Also really like the rear climate control. No major mechanical problems ever. The only issues I had with the car were that we yanked off nearly ever door handle inside and out. It also had a poor turn radius. Highly recommend this car. Just be gentle with the door handles!"