2010 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Fantastic SUV! Still drives like its new!

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort, solid, solid SUV"

Cons: "Gas mileage?"

"That's the thing about Toyotas, they are so well made that this truck is just as tight and sturdy as the day I bought it for my wife back in 2008. It has been rock solid in reliability as well. The perfect family Ute and extremely comfortable for the kids. Doesn't get the best mileage but can be overlooked for everything else it delivers. If you are seriously considering an SUV then this is a must drive. Zero disappointments!"

Excellent condition, new brakes and expensive tire

By on Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pros: "Great for money. Oh and color white"

Cons: "None I know of."

"I revised"

Best by comparison

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Line comparable up with the Sequoia and start checking things off for yourself, the results are clear."

WHAT A VEHICLE!!

By on Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "Gas mileage. but it's a V-8 4x4"

"Everything anyone could ask for in an SUV. The bells and whistles, ride and drive, and quality and resale are fantastic!!"

Love this 2008 Toyota Sequoia, Limited. SUV

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, dependable, fully loaded"

Cons: "Gas mileage averages about 16 mpg city and frwy"

"I have owned an Acura MDX, loved it, and a Cadillac Escalade ESV, this suv is taller so be carefull in small garages. I had more room in Caddy, but had to remove seat where the Sequoia just folds down. It has more storage places in it than any other vehicle I have ever seen. Great for long trips very roomy. Would like better gas mileage, but love this SUV and we are thinking of buying another."

A dream come true

By on Thursday, May 8, 2008

"After checking out GMC and Ford the superior quality of this vehicle is immediately evident. It is quiet inside, soft ride and superior comfort for all 8 passangers. Adults can comfortably sit in the third row."

Best Vehicle I ever owned... Period

By on Monday, April 17, 2017

Pros: "handling, turning radius, reliability, quiet"

Cons: "nothing so far"

"I own a 2016 Sequoia Platinum. So far it has exceeded all of the expectations. Compared to other SUVs in its segment, nothing came close to the power, handling, amenities and reliability. Little things.. Turning radius on the Sequoia is smaller than on many cars. U turns are a non issue. Highway driving... second to none. 3 zone ac is awesome. Entertainment center (Blue Ray) is awesome. Well designed, well thought out. Some reviews state that Sequoia has a low tow capacity comparatively. Competitors unrealistically pad theirs. Sequoia pulls my 9k lb boat just fine (better than the competitors. Gas mileage is fair, as could be expected with a vehicle this big. 2 pointers... 1. If you go on long drives, air the vehicle out and blow through AC with widows open. Moisture CAN build up and cause some stinky mold. 2. Use Michellin MXVs for replacement tires. They vastly improve the ride and handling."

Outstanding SUV with awesome turning radius

By on Friday, November 11, 2016

Pros: "Superior quality, quiet and comfortable ride."

Cons: "Only con is gas mileage."

"I stepped up from a 4WD 4Runner to the Sequoia. My wife and love, love, love this vehicle. It is very comfortable and fun to drive on the beach too. Great on the highway and in the city, though gas mileage in the city is not good. For a big vehicle, you would think parking would be a challenge but it has an amazing turning radius and it has no problems making tight turns. Tons of space, comfort, and has a very quiet ride. I love it. Much better than the 4Runner (though I really liked it too). The engine is very powerful, and with that power comes not so fancy MPG. We get around 18 MPG highway."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy. Good power. Quality."

Cons: "GPS cheap."

"First Toyota I've owned & has definitely sold me. Better than Ford & Chevy SUV owned in past. Good compromise between utility & luxury. Far better value than an Escalade. Love roomy interior. Mileage okay for big vehicle. Ford's computer is better. The Toyota GPS is a bit clunky."

Great Truck!

By on Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Prior to purchasing this truck, test drove all the full size SUV's. Escalade, Tahoe, QX56, Armada, Yukon, Expedition. Overall, the Toyota tops them all. The Toyota brings an exceptional package of space, comfort and driving experience. Breaking and acceleration are great. Like a sports car. The sound system is better than the Bose one. I am 6.2" and can comfortably sit in the 3rd raw. Toyota really invested where needed."

the ride is great

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"actually this has suprised me. I drove a lexus 350 for the last 6 years and switched to the sequoia for the extra room for my grown family and grandkids. Love having the room and the turning capabilties are great everyone loves the ride and how easy it is to get in and out of.. My six foot sons can both ride in the third row seating."

The Sequoia is awesome, I do love this car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Extremely easy to drive, comfortable & reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"The sequoia is awesome, I love the car. A month after I bought the car I had to have knee surgery that was followed by several complications and was just advised by my physician that is it now harmful for me to get in and out of the car. I am not happy and would like very much to find a good home for my car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pros: "This vehicle is a PRO"

Cons: "would like to have light up door locks"

"There is only 1 thing I would wish for on this vehicle that it doesn't have, that is for the door lock switch to light up. This vehicle is the perfect vehicle for family, a mom, a grandma. Turns on a dime and so easy to maneuver . All seats recline making it very comfortable for the entire family on long trips. DVR and sunscreen side rear windows really make it enjoyable and wonderful for keeping the children entertained on the road. Great mileage, and wonderful service."

Great vehicle. Love it.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Love how it drives and is comfortable."

Cons: "Little hard to get in and the milage is low"

"Bought this about a year and a half ago with 103000 miles on it. Might have paid a bit much but it was in excellent shape. Only major thing I had to do was change the lower ball joints. Other than that I've changed oil and the tires were replaced. Milage as everyone says is a bit low. I average a little over 14.5. I have gotten about 17.7 on the highway with it. I wanted something to tow an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a couple of bikes and it does a great job. You don't hardly know the trailer is there. Overall it's great."

I LOVE my Sequoia. Will never own another vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Comofort, room, window shades, many options"

Cons: "cargo room and price"

"This car has more options than I ever imagined. Window screens are awesome for those riding in the back seats. Overall room in this vehicle is awesome. Could use a little more cargo space. More storage compartments then I could ever use. Drives amazing. Very comfortable ride no matter what seat you chose to sit in. The quality of the vehilce is great as well as the design. I LOVE this car and will never own a different car."

Great urban assault attach machine

By on Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas Mileage less than acceptable..."

"I like the vehicle. The ride is comfortable and it feels solid except when you shut the doors. They sound a little like tin cans(I own Mercedes too). The only real complaint is the gas mileage...About 11 to 13 max around town if you drive with a very light toe... I had gotten 20 MPG once on the highway, Overall this is a kickass vehicle with a lot of style and comfort. I feel happy with the fact that I bought the truck in 2010 for $55k and it is still dealer valued at $45k 5 years later,,, That in itself is amazing even if I would never get this from the dealer... Overall I would buy one again. Life is short and safety is everything on the roads in california..."

Best SUV Since I Started Buying SUV'S in 1994

By on Friday, January 29, 2016

Pros: "Drive, Ride, Towing, Reliability"

Cons: "No, New Technology Updates"

"My wife and I started with a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country, then a 1996 Ford Expedition, then a 2005 Ford Excursion, then a 2007 Lincoln Navigator, then a 2012 Lincoln MKT, then a 2012 TOYOTA SEQUIOA PLATINUM which we still own. This is by far the best overall SUV we have ever owned. Drive, Ride, Towing, and so far reliability are better than any of the others. The only negative things I can say about this vehicle is, Toyota did not follow the trends of new technology and I have heard Toyota will stop production of the Sequoia."

Some much Truck!

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"I'll start with what I dislike... The interior has too much plastic, the front pillars and seating position make visibility poor, some controls could be better placed and it's really hard for shorter people to get in out of. What I love: It's an incredibly powerful vehicle for towing our small boat, It pulls it like a little toy, Interior is very comfortable, spacious and has so much storage, brakes are very good, turning radius is good, gas mileage isn't too bad for such a large and power vehicle, dependability is excellent. My small complaints are just that. I really don't think my family's owned a better vehicle."

solid, dependable, easy to drive

By on Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pros: "Drives much smaller than it really is."

Cons: "Thirsty"

"The Sequoia drives MUCH smaller than it really is. Traded a RAV4 for it and have to say it rides better. Steering is very easy, which was a major concern since wife has severe arthritis in her hands. Easy to get in and out with running boards and ample handholds. Very smooth drivetrain, have to look at the tach to see it shift gears since I can't hear or feel it. Doesn't feel like a truck. Very little body roll in turns. Recently rented a large SUV from a competitor (starts with F). Was NOT impressed by their offering. Toyota beats them in every way in my opinion. Certainly not the cheapest SUV, but far from the most expensive. The best thing of all is you can find it in a parking lot since it is unlikely you'll see another one."

Good but not GREAT

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

"We traded in a 2007 Escalade ESV for our 2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum. The smooth ride, rear captains chairs and clean interior sold us on the Sequoia. We have been satisfied over all with just a few things we don't like. 1) We have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the DVD player. It is Dec 22nd today and Toyota can't see me until Dec. 27th. 2) Rear Tailgate will only open with key pad or manually from outside. Not sure if ours is broke or this is the way it works. On the ESV we just had to tap the outside button and it would go up. 3) Some of the driver's buttons are under the wheel and hard to see and reach while driving. 4) Radar Cruise Control. Only seems to let you set your speed in increments of 5 mph. 5) We miss the heated steering wheel of the ESV. 6) Radio/Nav/Entune features are cool but not super intuitive and I don't like that the screen always returns to the home screen after a few seconds. I want it to stay where I put it. We love the quality of the stereo, the ride and handling, the rear passenger areas, looks, style, etc.."

Best Suv out there

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I want this car

"This car is great. has more than enough power and really short turning diameter. Been looking to buy one and take it to the sahara but a little out of my reach. If you want luxury in a off road package then this is your car."

I think I have a lemon :(

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "size, comfort, ease of handling"

Cons: "braking noise"

"We bought this car new in 2010. And it has been an awesome car for our family. It hauls the kids around, all their friends, their gear, etc. with ease. However, I have had nothing but problems with the brakes on this car since I got it. Not with them not working, they work just fine. With them squealing. Loudly. All the time. Yesterday, the kids at school pick up put their hands over their ears. We have machined the rotars, replaced the pads, replaced the rotars (at only 60K). The dealer has been very nice about it but they can't seem to fix it. I will probably be getting rid of the car because it drives me crazy :("

If you need a large SUV, look no further

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

"We test drove everything from Suburban to Tahoes to Lexus and always came back to Sequoia. We had two purchasing criterion. Room for 6 and reliablity. No other car offers the same combination of features. It is not overpriced like Lexus or Landcruiser. I drives like a car ( if truck can drive like one). Engine is very responsive. Lots of nice little features like power outlets, etc. Excellent towing car. Build on a truck frame. The only minor negative is the cheap look of interior plastic components. Toyota could have gotten a bit more creative with material selection. Also, platinum level suspension adds a bit more comfort. Else, $45K you will get a truck that takes care of you for decades."

A truly great SUV

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable; safe; reliable; versatile"

Cons: "Low gas mileage and range, particularly when towin"

"This has been a great vehicle for us. We find it comfortably holds all 5 of us adults and our baby (car seat in 2nd row middle), placing one adult and our little dog in the 3rd row. I like the automatic features -- liftgate, rear split folding seats. We also towed with it. Great power. Limited tow range as gas tank is a bit small for reduced gas mileage while towing (Normal MPG 15; drops to 12 when towing at 55MPH; 8 when towing at 70MPH)"

Excellent Vehicle - Probably Best on the Market

By on Friday, May 1, 2015

Pros: "reliability, confidence - you get what you pay for"

Cons: "very minor gripes."

"I have seen a lot of comments that Sequoia has lousy mileage... Bottom line, if you want a vehicle this capable, in this price range, then mileage should really not be a factor. I get about 16 all around. Reality is, if you are looking for a vehicle that has a huge towing capacity, a vehicle this luxurious, with all these amenities, you will be hard pressed to find an alternate. i compared the Sequoia limited to a Tahoe... Tahoe was smaller, had a larger turning radius, smaller engine, smaller brakes and was noisier. comparably equipped, Tahoe was actually higher price. 5 year residual.. not even close. Tahoe towing capacity is overstated as is its actual real world mileage. Get your tax deduction on this truck."