ZIP code

2010 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "interior space, turning radius, Bluetooth quality"

Cons: "interior quality, size of fuel tank, body roll"

"Have owned a 2012 Sequoia for one year now and cannot be happier. The car is very wide and has lots of room, accelerates quickly for a vehicle its size, and looks great driving through town. The backseats are much bigger than competitors (Tahoe/suburban, Armada, Expedition) and the whole family loves going for ride. One drawback is fuel economy (averaging about 14 MPG right now) which wouldnt be a big problem if the car had a bigger tank because when filled up it only has 250 miles. Only other drawback is interior quality, which seems like it should be higher for a loaded $65,000 SUV. Overall, love the car and plan to keep it for many years!"

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "PLENTY OF SPACE, VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE"

Cons: "NONE"

"I bought it used in 2009 with 13K, if you do maintenance as indicated you won't have any trouble with this vehicle. I also bought a Toyota Extended Warranty, good for 6 years from 1st date in service or 100,000 miles, which ever comes 1st, Toyota stands behind their warranty and verhicles. This is the 3rd Sequoia I've owned. BEST ONE YET!!!"

My Favorite Car Ever

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "VERY COMFORTABLE"

Cons: "Small trunk and expensive sticker price"

"Love this car. I only wish it had a larger trunk space as it is a gas guzzler and using the roof rack only increases the gas usage, especially during road trips. But a super comfortable car. I never want to trade it in!!"

My second Sequoia

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "comfort, value, styling, performance,"

Cons: "tricolored dashboard"

"I bought the 2004 Toyota Sequoia and loved it so much that I traded it in for the new body style of the 2008 Sequoia. I have almost had this truck for 4 years and I still love it! I have never had any problems with it. We have so much room in it that my three (nearly adult) children can comfortably fit in any of the three rows. We often take trips in our Sequoia, and everybody fits comfortably. There are more cup holders than passengers and each of the seats, including the third row, recline. In the blizzards of the last two winters, we have used our truck to pull other SUV's out of deep snow or off ice. THIS IS THE BEST SUV ON THE MARKET!"

best suv on the market

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I have owned Dodge, Ford, GMC and Nissan in the SUV class and the Sequoia is by far the best auto. Its size is no obstacle, MPG on the road around 21 and in the city avg. 19."

I love this vehicle. I'd buy it again!!

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Sits high so I can see way down the road. Fun!!!"

Cons: "I haven't found any yet."

"I purchased the 2011 Sequoia Platinum edition in November 2010 because I live in WV and work in VA. I needed something that would get me off the mountain in any kind of weather. It showed itself worthy of every dime January 26, 2011 during a freak snow storm that brought the DC area to a standstill. The 4WD was incredible. It hugged the road and made a dreadful commute quite pleasant. I'm single, but like big vehicles because I shop a lot. The third seats lay flat giving me all the cargo room I need. I love the heated and cooled seats. The fact that it uses regular unleaded gas is a plus. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV."

Very nice car. Comfortable, drives great.

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"I really like this car, but would not buy it again (unless I purchased one with a backup camera)because of the terrible blind spots especially in the rear. Backing is a nightmare. I wouldn't want to own this car in a neighborhood full of small children. I would always worry when backing. One other thing I don't like is the way the trasmission hesitates. I have asked the dealer several times and they assure me it is the way it is designed. That said, it is not a very comfortable feeling when slowing for a red light, etc and then having it hesitate while accelerating. Other than those two issues, this has been a great car. No notable maintenance issues. It rides great, great look and design on interior and exterior. Being in a very hot climate, a/cs front and back are powerful enough. The entire back area folds to a solid bottom cargo space with ease. A great feature for me since I use the back a lot for cargo."

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Extremely Comfortable and Reliable"

Cons: "Gas is costly"

"I love this vehicle. I have been driving Toyotas for years. This vehicle is wonderful as our weekend vehicle around town and was a comfortable ride to Disney World last year. I highly recommend this vehicle for those with 3 or more children and a large extended family. I love the third row and the large capacity of the back of the vehicle."

Best vehicle we've ever had

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive, comfortable"

"We love our Sequoia! It's fun to travel in and drives just great. We left on a road trip earlier this year, had to go thru 3-4 hrs of snow and ice and it handled great!! Would purchase another one."

Great suv

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Drive, features, power"

Cons: "Front bumper needs sensors"

"Have this truck now for 3 years. Zero problems. Ride is great and NO suv out there offers the same interior space. 3rd row can easily hold 3 adults . Driving is great, lots of power. Loaded with features. Interior very functional but feels a bit cheap Gas mileage is ok for such a beast"

Great Value had hoped for better miles per gallon

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable Nice Ride"

Cons: "bad telephone projection. couple of blind spots"

"I really love the size and how it drives. Feel like if I was ever involved in an accident , I would definitely survive. Has a safe feel. The gas mileage is not very good for town driving. Highway driving gas mileage is good. Has several blind spots and does need sensors in the front. I was needing the telephone blue tooth feature and have been very disappointed in the quality of that feature. I have since also purchased a camry and the quality of that telephone blue tooth works great. It is a 2010 and my sequoia is a 2008, so maybe they have it improved in the new sequoias. Overall nice ride."

I love it...

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"We got 6 kids, Sequoia is the only car is comfortable on the back seats...We drove arould USA with no problem or back pain."

Awesome.

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"If you're shopping for an SUV, take the time to test drive them all...make a full day of it. After driving about 20 different vehicles, I found this one. It has the power of a semi truck and rides like a luxury car. The interior is well designed and comfortable...lots of room. The exterior looks great as well. As far as comparing it to the others, this sets the bar and it sets it high. Make the investment in it, you will not be let down. As long as Toyota doesn't make any drastic changes to it....I'll be buying another in the future."

BEST SUV!! Don't go minivan! GO SEQUOIA!

By on Sunday, April 18, 2010

"This is by far the best SUV on the market, as a nanny to four children under 3, I spent hours sitting and driving all large SUV's I could find. THIS SUV ROCKS! Air vents for all three rows leaves my babies warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The second row slides so far up it gets out of your way to load kids into the 3rd row. The cargo space behind the 3rd row holds my duo stroller and leaves plenty of room. The running boards make it so easy for them to climb in! The storage in the armrest between the driver and the passenger is so huge! It currently holds, my umbrella, the Garmin, a portable potty, three sets of dance shoes, mittens and gloves for four kiddos, my body spray and much more! I am never struck without the things I need and I don't have to have them scattered around the car because they are stowed away! I LOVE this SUV!!! It's much easier to transport four children in this than a minivan. trust me!!! once you buy this truck you'll never go back!!!"

Best Full Size SUV for the Money!

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"I rent and lease a dozen cars a year. This is the only full size SUV for a demanding car nut, business man and father as myself! I spend weeks researching and driving cars each year for company trasportation. Gas Miles avg. is a consistant 17.8 city - 19.4 on the road. My wife wishes the SR5 model came with the remote truck release option and backup camera - which by the way only comes on the more exspensive LIMITED and Platium versions at a tune of more than $5,000!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife, the President of the company has taken ownership of the 2008. And, in the 1st quarter of 2010, I'll going to get another Sequoia for myself. The 40-plus % residual value after 5 years makes this SUV almost as good of a deal with respect to Total Cost of Ownership value as does the 2010 Audit A5."

Toyota quality

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I have owned several SUV's, but this is by far the smoothest and very nimble for it's size. I travel a lot with work and appreciate the cargo room and love the passenger room, especially for the driver. I had a 4Runner prior to this one, excellent, but this is much more comfortable. I got the SR5 with the 5.7, excellent smooth power, tight turning radius. Replaced rotors under warranty at 20k miles, brakes work great now. Much better quality than the Nissan Armada LE I bought new in 08. This is much more solid. Toyota quality wins again."

NICE HUGE TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"I bought my Sequoia back in March of 08. I always wanted a Sequoia, but after they changed the style on the 08 I knew I had to have it. I have the SR5 w/ the 4.7engine. I know the mpg advertised w/the truck is not the best out there, however, with the gas prices going down it does not seem that much of a difference from v6 car. Plus, this car takes regular gas, so you don't have to put top of the line gasoline. I have the 2nd row w/o the captain chairs and I wish I would of asked for it, but I guess w/ 3 toddlers in the truck it was a good decision. The room on this truck is wonderful. I can fit all my 3 kids w/ car seats in the 2nd row w/o a problem. I drove the truck in a long road trip and this truck performed like a well oiled machine. I love the back window that has the ability to go up and down if I wish just by a press of a button. I wish I had picked the 5.7 engine which gives out 381 HP, but 276 HP that I have now is enough. The steering wheel is real smooth when turning of backing up trying to park, plus this truck never hesitates when accelerating unlike other trucks produced by GMC. OH, I previously owned a Mitsubishi Montero before this truck and even though the Montero didn't give me any problems, this truck is far superior than the Montero and the other trucks Yukon, Armada, and Tahoe, that I test drove. OH OH, and this truck is like a tank going through snow, I was fortunate to drive through a foot or more of snow w/o any signs of getting stuck, I have to say it was very joyful driving through the snow like water while other cars were stuck!"

Fine vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"The only downfall is the rear visibility when backing although it does have a back-up camera and sensors."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"I've owned an Xterra, Tahoe, Suburban, Pathfinder, and now the new Sequoia. It is, by far, the BEST of the SUVs I've owned in every way. Super comfortable and very roomy. The Platinum version we have has a powerful 5.7L V8. The 2nd row is set up very nicely for the kids with their own center console that provides huge amt of storage for DVDs and all their stuff. Makes roadtrips a total breeze. Built-in sun shields on the windows, adjustable and heated seats in the 2nd row, and power rear door and 3rd row seats are big plusses. The touch screen navigation system is far better than the one on my Pathfinder. Downside was the $600 price tag to add XM radio, but well worth it. It's big, dives a little bit when braking but is super responsive and very nimble especially considering its size."

Very Nice

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "Nav System"

"The turning radius is quite amazing. Toyota has done an amazing job compensating the weight of the car with the 5.7 litre engine that carries a lot of pep. between city/hwy driving it averages about 18-19 mpg. Toyota has upped quality of the interior this past year on Sequoias because of complaints. This is reflected in the 2011 model i purchased. Nothing cheap on it. The inside, is very comfortable and ergonomically placed. JBL sound system out does the bose system in others.. Caveat is the navigation system. It's weak and outdated. My iPhone4 has a better GPS. The screen disables when the vehicle is moving as a safety feature. This can be very annoying and cumbersome because most, if not all functions of stereo, DVD, nav, phone and voice control systems are run through this screen. Roadtrips are very comfortable and would say that this is the Sequoia's strong point. We have rear bucket seats in the Platinum which makes for a very comfortable ride for rear passengers. Third row seats are very roomy and have electric seat backs. For their high-end model (platinum), I'm disappointed that there arent a few options on it such as: rain sensors and keyless start. These may be offered as an option that I'm unaware of. overall, Im vey happy with the Platinum Sequoia and feel its the best bang for the buck in the full size group."

Best SUV for the money in the market place

By on Friday, March 4, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, Powerful engine, good interior space"

Cons: "Nothing so far..."

"This SUV is a work horse. It is very comfortable to drive. It has all the basic functionality that one could want in an automobile. Powerful engine, great turning radius, comfortable seating, lots of room inside, well thought out instrumentation control, best 3rd row design, and great fit and finish. We are a family of 6, with 4 little hockey players in the family. Everyone, including the grandparents, will fit inside the car comfortably. We use the car for long trips, >1000 miles, transport our kids back and forth to hockey practices, haul furniture, and do basic transportation around the town. One improvement could be a bigger cargo space if the 3rd row is being used for seating. This minor issue can be overcome by installing a ski box on top of the car. This will give you the extra storage, allowing you to bring everything from skis to kids toys with you without sacrificing the space inside the cabin. We test drove all the big SUVs offered in the US, including the luxury SUVs, and no other vehicle offered the same blend of needed features. If you have a family of 4 or more and are looking a comfortable and reliable transportation that drives like a dream...look no further this car does it all."

It is the best SUV, if you need the third row

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Price and need an extended version"

"I looked at all the full size SUVs and it came down to the Ford Expedition and the Sequoia. I went with the Sequoia because of the following: 1. The second row seats slides for access to the third row. This makes it easy for my kids to get in and out. 2. Easier to drive and short turn radius. 3. I needed the power for towing our trail trailer. Mine also has the supercharger as well."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pros: "great for long trips, lots of room in the back"

Cons: "gas mileage (average for me=14.5mpg), cost"

"it has everything you could want in a luxury vehicle sure the gas mileage isn't great and the cost stinks however it is still a great vehicle and when you sell it the value of the vehicle holds its value compared to other vehicles"

Below

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Simply the best full size SUV available. Faster than by first Vette, hauls a family of 6 plus all of our weekend gear with room to spare. I towed my 10,000 pound boat with the entire family and gear. Couldnt even feel it back there! Ive had it for over 3 years and almost 40,000 miles and it still looks and drives like brand new. I love it and my wife whos 5'3" and 120 pounds can drive it like its a Boxster. Many of the colors are terrible but I have the dark red metallic which looks great. The styling is a bit boring but the performance is so much better than anything else on the market!"

2010 Sequoia SR5 5.7L - Terrific Vehicle!

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Comfy seats, roomy, turns easily!"

Cons: "Blind spot problem"

"Bought it used at 48K, and now at 68K. This is my fourth Toyota, and I have had a Suburban before, but this is the best! I have a family of four, including two big teenagers. Usually hauling them around plus their friends and our large golden retriever. Feels safe, super comfortable seats, and more than ample leg room. Drove it to FL from MI - so comfortable and a such a smooth ride; in fact, my friends usually tell me how nicely it rides. The exception being when the road is bumpy, the second and third row can really feel the thumps - I don't have the option of changing the suspension. My average MPG is 18 in city and highway. On strictly highway miles, I can get 21 or 22! I accelerate slowly and get that mileage; however, my husband is a lead foot, so ... those numbers are not the same for him. Love all of the cargo space! I bought the Husky Liners for all floor areas; never worried about spills, muddy feet or paws, sand, snow, etc. Oh, the turning radius is awesome! I can easily turn into a parking space without having to back up first like my old Suburban. Yes, I am concerned with backing up since the car is so high. My most major concern is those windshield columns or pillars. Several times they have completely blocked out oncoming vehicles or people; in addition, the side mirrors have done the same thing. My husband said he doesn't have that problem, so I adjusted the height of my seat - some help there. One repair was the water pump had to be replaced; the service man said that was common? Covered by the warranty. One little annoyance: second row cup holders on the floor - wish they were on the arm rest or something. It tends to get kicked and stepped on by my kids. Nevertheless, we love the car! I knew it was a gas hog when I bought it, so I just drive carefully. My friends and family love it too, but they always say, "Boy, your car is so big!" Not sure if that is a compliment, but we're happy with the Sequoia."