2009 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 151 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Best SUV for the money in the market place

By on Friday, March 04, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, Powerful engine, good interior space"

Cons: "Nothing so far..."

"This SUV is a work horse. It is very comfortable to drive. It has all the basic functionality that one could want in an automobile. Powerful engine, great turning radius, comfortable seating, lots of room inside, well thought out instrumentation control, best 3rd row design, and great fit and finish. We are a family of 6, with 4 little hockey players in the family. Everyone, including the grandparents, will fit inside the car comfortably. We use the car for long trips, >1000 miles, transport our kids back and forth to hockey practices, haul furniture, and do basic transportation around the town. One improvement could be a bigger cargo space if the 3rd row is being used for seating. This minor issue can be overcome by installing a ski box on top of the car. This will give you the extra storage, allowing you to bring everything from skis to kids toys with you without sacrificing the space inside the cabin. We test drove all the big SUVs offered in the US, including the luxury SUVs, and no other vehicle offered the same blend of needed features. If you have a family of 4 or more and are looking a comfortable and reliable transportation that drives like a dream...look no further this car does it all."

Very Nice

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive, powerful, comfortable"

Cons: "Nav System"

"The turning radius is quite amazing. Toyota has done an amazing job compensating the weight of the car with the 5.7 litre engine that carries a lot of pep. between city/hwy driving it averages about 18-19 mpg. Toyota has upped quality of the interior this past year on Sequoias because of complaints. This is reflected in the 2011 model i purchased. Nothing cheap on it. The inside, is very comfortable and ergonomically placed. JBL sound system out does the bose system in others.. Caveat is the navigation system. It's weak and outdated. My iPhone4 has a better GPS. The screen disables when the vehicle is moving as a safety feature. This can be very annoying and cumbersome because most, if not all functions of stereo, DVD, nav, phone and voice control systems are run through this screen. Roadtrips are very comfortable and would say that this is the Sequoia's strong point. We have rear bucket seats in the Platinum which makes for a very comfortable ride for rear passengers. Third row seats are very roomy and have electric seat backs. For their high-end model (platinum), I'm disappointed that there arent a few options on it such as: rain sensors and keyless start. These may be offered as an option that I'm unaware of. overall, Im vey happy with the Platinum Sequoia and feel its the best bang for the buck in the full size group."

It is the best SUV, if you need the third row

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "All good"

Cons: "Price and need an extended version"

"I looked at all the full size SUVs and it came down to the Ford Expedition and the Sequoia. I went with the Sequoia because of the following: 1. The second row seats slides for access to the third row. This makes it easy for my kids to get in and out. 2. Easier to drive and short turn radius. 3. I needed the power for towing our trail trailer. Mine also has the supercharger as well."

Rolling beast

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Pros: "Feels as big as it is. Just needs cannon turret"

Cons: "Nav screen. Cargo room."

"My wife and I both love driving this SUV. We bought the Platinum edition, 2010 model year. More features & driver control than the Expy Limited we traded in. The center console on the 2nd row is OFF THE HOOK! Love having 3 options to adjust the ride: smooth, normal, sport. GREAT idea to put buttons behind and to the side of the 2nd row seats to lower or raise the 3rd row. You can, as with the Expy, also do that from the back with the tailgate raised. You CANNOT do that in a Chevy or Caddy. Their 3rd row is still manual! STUPID! They haven't changed that since they introduced the 3rd row! We would have bought an Escalade if it weren't for the idiotic 3rd row. But I digress. Back to point: it has so far been everything we expected from Toyota. Reliable, higher quality fit & trim, quieter ride than Expy. The only glaring downsides are 1) DEFINITELY does not have the cargo room of an Expy. 2) Many functions on the nav screen you can't do while the car is moving. It's a safety feature, but did the Japanese forget that PASSENGERS ride in PASSENGER vehicles? 3) Listening to a call coming from the vehicle's bluetooth ain't great. Time will tell on true reliablity, and how I ultimately determine its value. It only has +/- 42,000 miles on it, so I wouldn't expect anything to go wrong mechanically yet. And it hasn't. Not like the GMC I bought whose transmission gave out at 38,000 miles. I will tell you this: the salesman used an electronic tool to test the paint thickness on the Expy we traded in. Any significant variations among the different areas of the car would tell him the car had been repainted, indicating certainly body repair, and possibly an unknown/unreported wreck. I had him test the Sequoia and the paint thickness was twice as much as the Expy. More durable? Harder to damage/scratch?"

Some much Truck!

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

"I'll start with what I dislike... The interior has too much plastic, the front pillars and seating position make visibility poor, some controls could be better placed and it's really hard for shorter people to get in out of. What I love: It's an incredibly powerful vehicle for towing our small boat, It pulls it like a little toy, Interior is very comfortable, spacious and has so much storage, brakes are very good, turning radius is good, gas mileage isn't too bad for such a large and power vehicle, dependability is excellent. My small complaints are just that. I really don't think my family's owned a better vehicle."