2009 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Great value - top performance

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Road Warrior"

Cons: "Loose steering-low end tires on nice rims"

"This is an exceptional value vs the high end Lexus (same engine) and GM products. I drove Suburbans for years until they became 80% plastic. Because I keep my trucks for a long time and don't buy a new one every three years- I went for reliability. If you want to experience why I turned away from GM, just sit in the back bucket seat of a Denali and then the back bucket of the Sequoia Platinum - absolutely no comparison. The Denali interior is mostly plastic and the back buckets are perfectly sized for a dwarf. I've now had my Sequoia Platinum almost 2 years and only two issues come to mind. First off, while the turning radius is incredible, the wheel is a little sloppy and steering seems engineered for female drivers more so than a work truck on a job site. I like more resistance when I turn the wheel. Second, mileage. (which is in no way a defect as I knew that going in). For the money, ($55,000) There is not a better full-sized SUV on the market!"

Poorly Designed for the money

By on Thursday, May 6, 2010

"I have had my Sequoia for 2 years and the only reason I am keeping it is because of the towing. The leather is cheap, the seats rattle and so much dust comes in through the hatch and doors you can taste it. For an SUV, this is not an "off-road" vehicle. I live back 8 miles on a dirt road and by the time I get to pavement, I choke on the dust coming in. Very dissatisfied with the quality of the vehicle except for the towing. I can pull a 2 horse trailer with 2 horses and tack and not feel a thing."

Best Toyota vehicle I have owned

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Power, comfort, ride, options,"

Cons: "Gas mileage, price,"

"For the price, this is the best vehicle in its class. It drives as well and, in some cases, even better than the Lexus SUV, Range Rover and Land Cruiser. I use it to tow a camping trailer and it has no problem with it. It does not drive like a "truck" like many other SUV's in this size. Prior to this car, I owned a Cadillac Escalade and this car has less "bling" but but drives just as well and has the same power. (plus, I get less attention from the police because it is more of a family vehicle). I would recommend the limited or platinum edition because the options are excellent. I do have a complaint about the seat warmers. You can hardly tell that they are on. The JBL stereo system is very good..however, I did take the car to a car stereo store to do some upgrades as there is NO car stereo installation that can meet my demands. The engine has plenty of power. Many SUV's are underpowered. But, Toyota provided an 8 Cylinder 400 HP 6 speed engine that can pretty much tow anything and still provide a comfortable ride."

2008 Sequioa Very Safe

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Bigger than the Tahoe, 381 HP V8, buy one certified used from Toyota, get the SR5 with all the options (cheaper than a Limited with few options). 14 MPG all the time, 13 in 4x4 (real figures from my dash after 1 year). If you buy, check the door code for the one with 10Klbs, not all 2008's are true 10Klbs towing capacity, even if there is a towing package. Check the engine code on the door jam and bump it against the 2008 Sequoia owners manual. There are 6 different towing capacities for the 2008 and 2009. For 2010, it's all 10Klbs if you opt for the 5.7Litre V8. Kids love it, huge 3rd row is why we bought it. With seats down, it can hold end to end a military army cot and you can sleep on it. Could be used as an ambulance for that matter. 4x4 is good, locking differential is very nice. SR5 has all the manual goodies that won't break down and are easy to maintain. Limited and Platinum have ride height suspensions that can get into the thousands to replace. You can put a supercharger on it and get over 500 horsepower. Comfortable, lots of head room; you have to put the seat down toward the floor (makes sense right)? Over 6ft 5in fits just fine with moon roof. Toyotas are safe, Congress is trying to slam Toyota to get their money back through GM and Chrysler increased sales as a result of an organized Toyota smear campaign. Buy Toyota, you won't regret it."

My Second one

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "I love driving my track"

Cons: "Expensive for a platinum"

"I love this truck, i can't stress enough about the inside and out of the truck its amazing. I have the 2011 Toyota sequoia platinum. Its a very strong truck the feature in the truck blew me away there is so much, the truck does so much. I like everything on this truck so its hard to say one thing. The only concern I have is, its not cheap. Make sure you have a good trade in car or truck and its paid off."