ZIP code

2008 Toyota Sequoia

9.3

Based on 156 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Want to feel great, this is the car for you

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfy, great engine, acceleration."

Cons: "Gas consumption but expected"

"Great car. Acceleration and comfort are unmatched. It is quiet inside and great visibility. Quite roomy that my four kids don't have to fight for seats, they are all very comfy. Other than I had to change the radiator at 100,000, and continue to have some rotten egg smell when I excessfully accelerate(this happened from the time it was new), I have had no problems. However,when you buy this car, forget about gas consumption: averages 15 miles and now starting to hear some rattles inside the car. No concern at this time. It has 120,000 miles and still going strong."

best SUV for the $

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "roomy, easy to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "uncertainty of future production"

"You absolutely will NOT find a better, more comfortable, more reliable full-size utility than the Sequoia."

Not bad, but a few chinks in the armor...

By on Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"The Good: Power from the iForce 5.7 V8 is outstanding, especially for a 3-ton SUV. Towing power is great, can handle the big jobs without barely breaking a sweat. Comfort is good all around, turning radius is exceptional for a large SUV, very helpful in tight parking situations. Gas MPG isn't terrible, considering. Cavernous rear area, due to the rear IRS, the 3rd seat can be folded flat instead of having to be removed, a huge plus. The not-so-good: Build quality isn't what one would expect from Toyota, there are many squeaks and rattles, especially from the 2nd seat. Materials from the dash and door panels feel like they're straight from a 30 yr old baseline Corolla, and the doors close with that "tinny" sound - again, just like a 30 yr old Corolla. A fog-light dash indicator and locking fuel door are curiously not available. Gets expensive REALLY quick once options are added."

Impressed

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"I'm a huge Ford/Chevy fan but after test driving the 2008 Sequoia Limited, it was hands down a clear winner. It's built solid, very powerful (5.7L, V8), and handles like a vehicle half its size. The turning radius on this is ridiculous .... better than my Explorer, and definitely better than my Cadillac. I did get the captain's chairs in the back—highly recommend it over the full bench seat —which makes it easier for passengers to get in and out of. I also recommend the 2.5" flip down rear view camera if you don't get the navigation package (the nav includes the back-up camera which is a MUCH bigger screen but tacks on another $4k as a package.) If you don't carry a CDL license, trust me, you'll need the bumper sensors and cameras because this is a sizable truck and it has quite a few blind spots. The style is a big improvement over the previous models, specifically the front. I've been told that other than the front, the truck looks plain, but I think it's a nice change compared to other SUVs that slap on useless plastic molding and trim. My only knock on Toyota is that they obviously don't understand American consumers; we like the flexibility to purchase individual options vs. the manufacturer's option packages. Their option packages are impractical and don't make a lot of sense to me. I'm still trying to figure out how I got the optional illuminated ash/coin tray. It's been mentioned in a few industry magazines that Toyota recognizes this issue with their relatively new venture into the truck market as compared to seasoned manufacturers like Ford and GM, so they may be changing their program in the near future. Just keep this in mind when you're shopping around. Either way, I'm impressed."

Best Vehicle I ever owned... Period

By on Monday, April 17, 2017

Pros: "handling, turning radius, reliability, quiet"

Cons: "nothing so far"

"I own a 2016 Sequoia Platinum. So far it has exceeded all of the expectations. Compared to other SUVs in its segment, nothing came close to the power, handling, amenities and reliability. Little things.. Turning radius on the Sequoia is smaller than on many cars. U turns are a non issue. Highway driving... second to none. 3 zone ac is awesome. Entertainment center (Blue Ray) is awesome. Well designed, well thought out. Some reviews state that Sequoia has a low tow capacity comparatively. Competitors unrealistically pad theirs. Sequoia pulls my 9k lb boat just fine (better than the competitors. Gas mileage is fair, as could be expected with a vehicle this big. 2 pointers... 1. If you go on long drives, air the vehicle out and blow through AC with widows open. Moisture CAN build up and cause some stinky mold. 2. Use Michellin MXVs for replacement tires. They vastly improve the ride and handling."