2007 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Teriffic vehicle - good value for the money

By on Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pros: "lots of room, rides very well, versatile"

Cons: "fuel mileage (16), brake wear"

"Bought new, I have 225K miles on my 2001 Sequoia. Very little body rust, original engine & trans. I use synthetic oil and change the engine oil at 7K and trans fluid at 75K. The vehicle is very heavy and eats brakes. The only real trouble has been a leaking rear axle seal which I have had replaced 5 times. Steering effort is a little high which my wife complains about. All being said we love this vehicle. So much so in fact I bought another one, a used 2008 Sequoia with 90K miles. We like the newer one better as the steering effort is much lighter, almost "nimble". I still drive the 2001 daily and use it to pull the boat. At 16 years old it still drives like new."

I love my Sequoia!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, roomy, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spot, otherwise perfect!"

"We bought this car new in 2005. It has never let us down. It's been on multiple family vacations every year. A few of them driving 20 hours to our destination and 20 hours back. Its been to the mountains, the beach, etc. It has handled every trip without any complications. It has only been in the shop for basic maintenance and upkeep. The motor went out on the tailgate electric window 3x's, but it was under warranty. We haven't had an issue with that since Toyota had them put a newer model motor in the tailgate. It does have a blind spot in the left passenger rear area, so be careful when you back-up. I know three families with this car and all of us have backed into something...multiple times. They now put a rear sensor on the newer models. You can install one on this model. That's what we have done. We have two kids and four dogs. The dogs and kids have put their fair share of wear on this car, but it cleans easily. It is roomy and comfortable. We love traveling in this car. My family is itching to get a new car, but I can't part with my Sequoia yet. I know it still has some good years left in it. I don't like the bigger size of the new Sequoia's, so I'll probably switch to a 4Runner when the time comes. I will definitely stick with Toyota! It's the only car I've ever owned that has been totally dependable in every way."

Greatest SUV!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "So reliable and well made"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"This is the second Sequoia that I have owned. They are the best large SUV on the market! I just wish they had not changed the body style or I would buy another one. The only thing that needs to be improved is the gas mileage. It gets terrible gas mileage. On another note, though, it is such a reliable, well made vehicle that it is worth paying extra in gas charges."

Great family car

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"Seven years and 200,000 miles into owning this car, we still love it. We just had our first repair bill, other than regular scheduled maintenance. I have measured my actual MPG several times, and it is always around 17 MPG, with my driving fairly evenly divided between city and highway. Hard to beat that. Comfortable room for three kids, instruments, equipment, teammates, etc. Cross country trips and lots of carpooling Easily hauled the 20' boat. 100% reliable. Only complaint is that lots of plastic pieces (trim. compartment handles and covers, outlet covers, clips for holding seatbelts) broke off, even when car was fairly new. Highly recommed this vehicle. With two children now grown, we are reluctantly downsizing. I will miss it."

Dependable

By on Thursday, October 9, 2008

"The 01 Sequoia is a great vehicle. I have 210K on mine and it's still tight. Toyota engines will run forever!!!"