2006 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 556 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Excellent vehicle. Plows through the snow!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "High quality,"

Cons: "Had to replace the electronic brain ($800)"

"Overall a very good vehicle. We've owned this one for 4 yrs and love it. Lots of room with the 3rd row of seats. Toyotas are just excellent quality. We plan on keeping it at least another 4 yrs!"

Big Hunka' Machine

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, good on the fly 4WD,"

Cons: "Gas Milage, up front cost"

"We got our 2001 Sequoia with about 30K miles on it and have driven the wheels off of it several times. The ride is smooth and quiet on the highway and even the back seats are comfortable for full sized adults. When we first got it we could sometimes squeek out 20mpg on the freeway, but has the years have gone by we average around 14mpg. We did have to replace the coil packs at around 175K, but other than that and routine maintenence we've not had any problems with it. We will be downsizing soon for gas milage but havn't decided what we are going to get yet. It won't be another Sequoia simply because we don't have that kind of money this time around."

Great Family Vehicle-Crash Tested

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Safety, Comfort, Reliabilty"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I bought this vehicle for three reasons... 1. Growing family 2. Reliability 3. Safety. It has lived up to all three expectations. I found out a large oak tree jumped in front of the truck during a white-out snow storm two years ago when I got a frantic call from my wife saying truck doesn't look so good but her and the kids were all fine. All were wearing seat belts and suffered only bruises. Tree made it all the way to the dash-board but truck held up. I immediately starting looking for the same vehicle to purchase again. I wouldn't put my family in anything less."

Love the comfort and reliability

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "Uses a lot of gas"

"It has been a great SUV. Large and spacious. Uses a lot of gas, but that what you expect with a V8. Had no serious problems."