2006 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 555 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

The Beast. Powerful, reliable, safe, roomy.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Trustworthy even after 215,000 miles."

Cons: "gas mileage - 15.3"

"I live in Colorado and have driven this SUV more than 200,000 miles.I plan to drive it at least another 100,000. It does not slip in the snow and the 4.7 V8 cruises up the mountains fully loaded without breaking a sweat. The only downside is V8 gas mileage which averages 15.5 mpg mixed city/highway. I replaced the struts at 210,000 miles. I think that's to be expected. Otherwise, only normal maintenance."

Simply Grand!

By on Friday, May 4, 2007

"I decided I needed more space than my 4Runner offered, so I took the leap and purchased the Sequoia. I have had it for two weeks and don't regret my decision. Gas mileage so far isn't much different than the 4Runner. The Sequoia has substantially more room! Better looking! Quieter!"

Safest SUV on the road !!!

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "SAFETY, SPACE, 12 CUP HOLDERS, SAFE SAFE SAFE !!!"

Cons: "gas mileage isn't great but average for an SUV"

"This is the safest, most comfortabke vehicle available.Boasting 12 cup holders....yes a big deal for families traveling-6 within reach of the driver!! The curtain airbags are amazing. We were hit by a drunk driver and rolled...we had children and great grandma in the back and NOBODY was hurt. Not a single piece of glass broke all of the curtain airbags and front airbags formed a sort of bubble around my family. I will never but anything else. If you have children you should be driving this. There is so much space inside very comfortably seats 7 ....even on a drive from OH to FL. It's a luxury SUV you can feel good about driving. BRAVO Toyota-WELL DONE !!!"

I've owned this car for 7 years- no issues

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and build quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage and blind spots when getting over"

"I have owned this Sequoia for seven years and I have never had to take it to the dealership for any mechanical issues. Of course, I've taken it of the routine preventive things. It still has all the original parts except the water pump and belts because I changed them every 100,000 miles. I will definitely buy another one soon, but I do not really like the design of the newest one."

Like new after 10 years!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Space, visbility, quiet, smooth, comfy, reliable"

Cons: "Squeeky moonroof, mileage"

"The $37K we paid in Dec '02 was a stretch for us, but it's been such a great vehicle for our family of 5. We tow a Toyota Epic wake boat (6500lbs) to Havasu four or more times per year. 360 mi round trip, Indio grade, long stretches of desert two-lane, heat of summer...and never once had a problem. Engine power could be better, but we just drop to 2nd and wind her up the hill. It's a Toy, she likes to rev. Installed Firestone Ride-Rites for sag. Also installed DVD for the head rests. Mileage is poor around town, but with its manners, driver visibility and comfort, she's still a joy to drive. Toyota made good with the traction control system which had failed once prior to the recall but they refunded our prior copay. Only persistant dissapointment is the Moonroof which is wonderful, but has squeeked nearly the whole time - dealer couldn't fix. Last thing is that inspection of the engine bay reveales ZERO fluid leaks. The engine, tranny, bellhousing, etc. looks new after 127K and almost 10 years. Am gearing up to change the timing belts (late) and it will be a pleasure to work in a pristine engine bay. Just overhauled my 1995 Toyota pickup with 243K which we bought new. Still a great truck, and the engine was like new inside. We're complete believers in Toyota!"