2005 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 556 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Safe vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"When my wife and I bought our 2006 Sequoia, our main concern was the safety of our family. I was in a terrible accident his week in our Seqouia, unfortunately I totalled the vehicle. But I am proud to say that I was able to walk away from the accident with out a scratch on my body. Not a single laceration or bruise. The accident casued my SUV to flip on its side and skid about 70 feet. The police, the firefighters and the paramedics were extremly surprised I was even walking. We love our Seqouia, I will miss it very much. In my case, it saved my life. I am now in the market for another one and I highly recommeded. God bless...."

best full size SUV of its generation

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"I have had this vehicle since brand new 2004. It has travelled almost coast to coast and from the southwest to Eastern Canada a couple times. Very comfortable long hauler for family with lots of stuff. Used throughout winters driving into Colorado mountains for skiing and 4 wheel drive has never let me down. Almost 90k miles with only the gas gauge occasionally malfunctioning for a single day but mileage computer was still accurate. I added K&N FIPK a couple years ago and though louder when accelerating, it did add power and 1-1.5 MPG better highway driving."

Solid. Solid. Solid.

By on Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Bought a 2004 Limited in 12/08. Got a great deal due to gas prices at the time (no one was buying SUVs). A few things to note: GOOD: - At 6' 5", 230 pounds I fit very comfortably. - Good room for family, golf clubs, etc. - Roll down rear window...once you have it, you'll wonder how you lived without it. - Overall fit and finish (inside & out) feels SOLID - Switch to fold in side mirrors very useful in city garages BAD: - Tailgate handle latch broke (I've read of that happening for others)...my dealer fixed. - Some bugs with gauges/needles...seems to be a known problem...dealer fixed. - According to indicator lamp, it seems to take a couple miles after switching to 4WD for system to engage. - Driver side 3rd row seat seams impossible to remove. Reading the negatives above, you might be shocked by how many stars I've given this vehicle. But I write those off as bugs that are easily remedied. I've seen no major issues, and don't anticipate any. And I LOVE driving this truck every day. Be smart. Buy used, and the Sequoia will likely outlast you."

Good-bye ole friend

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Bought it new in '02 and put 107,000 miles on it and now trading it off for a Tundra. Kids have grown up and I haven't had anyone in the 3rd row for the last year. In the 7 yrs I drove 'er the only major issue was the AC pump shelled out...and cost almost $3K to repair. I'd trust it to run another 100,000 with little to no problems easy if I wasn't craving a pickup so bad. On a sidenote, those people who had an issue with the back window motor...make sure you check the window lock button....I thought mine had quit too but when the window lock button is pushed in, it disables the back window too."

Rock Solid

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"2002 Ltd, now with 87,000. Rock solid and quiet as the day we bought it. Tons of room, quiet, comfortable. Holds 8 adults with no problem. Very little trouble except the ABS computer died at 70K, cost $2100. I think I got stiffed by the dealer on that... Check the actual mileage - computer reads 2-3 mpg better than actual."

best suv for the value

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"owned a 2001 for 6 years. Bought it new in 2001, sold it in december 2007. Some small problems with the fuel injector, and the emergency brake cable went in the end. I did not fix it when that went. I bought a new 2007 Sequioa Limited in December instead. Dealer gave me $13,500 for the trade and came down on the price of the new one to $42000. Walked out of dealer with new 2007 limited for $28,500. As I sade, this is the second sequioa, I did not like the New 2008 sequioa because it looked like a chevy suburban and all the other american large suv's. First 5 years very few if no problems. After 5 years, I suggest getting ride of it because of the high expensives that are not covered by warrenntee. (I know ny spelling sucks, get over it!) We love look of the old sequioa. My wife, 5'4" dives it every dsay. The size is good, most other drivers get out of our way whan we go down the road. Only bad thing is the fuel econony., but if your buying a truck, who cares. UIts not a Neon."

Best SUV on the market!

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I made the best decision in 2005 when I purchased my 2003 Sequoia! This is a very comfortable vehicle! It has all the add-ons a person can want and it drives like a 'cadillac'. Passengers are very comfortable (even in the 3rd row seat!) and enjoy adapting their own back air conditioning. I would recommend this vehicle to pretty much anyone. My vehicle gets 16.5 mpg on average so its pretty good for an SUV. Knock on wood... I have not had any problems with anything mechanical inside or out. It has a great sound system and I plan to keep it for many years to come!"

Almost perfect

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I have had 2 Sequoias, a 2003 & 2005. Both of them were great, EXCEPT, both of them had electricial problems, mainly with the rear window, rear wiper, etc.... If they get that fixed, it would be a perfect vehicle. It may cost more than similar other SUV's, but I think it is worth it."

It keeps running

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"2001 Sequoia 104K miles and still running. Rear hatch lock was replaced within 3 years. That was the only major issue with my 2001 Sequoia. I travel to Canada, Florida, and Atlanta, and this Sequoia is a solid and reliable SUV to haul the family. Regular maintenance is all you really need. Oil, brakes, tires, alignment, battery, belts, transmission fluid, radiator fluid."

The Best Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that needs and loves room and a dependable and sharp vehicle. Rides nice and has more room than you could imagine. I owned a tahoe for 3 years and it did nothing but cause problems...go with a yota"

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, November 14, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride and dependable"

Cons: "High gas mileage"

"I think the valu you placed on my car is ridiculous!"

very good

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable to drive"

Cons: "no complaints"

"Love the vehicle very comfortable for me and my family."

Great vehicle.

By on Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pros: "Great SUV. Great performance. Reliable."

Cons: "Gas thirsty!! Low mpg."

"Good performance. Confortable. 300,000 miles and motor still like new. Low miles per galon."

Best SUV Ever OWNED 02 Sequoia Limited 4WD

By on Friday, May 2, 2014

Pros: "roomy, comfy, and most of all reliable,powerful V8"

Cons: "NON-NON"

"Its the best SUV I ever owned had it for a little over 6mos. now we bought it used from a private owner he was the very first owner who took very good care of this 2002 Limited 4WD had over 263K miles on the odometer had seen Toyota Services ever since new... looked great, start ups great and runs great couldn't believe the room of this SUV had it was so comfy that my 2 kids loves it, especially when we went from a small little 2009 Honda Fit Sport to this Sequoia it was a big change plus every other weekend trips you don't have to worry about borrowing other peoples mini-van or SUV... now we have this Sequoia & this year is going to be are very first long trip from Cali to Denver Colorado to visit my sister and the grand canyon off-road adventure with my families... Honestly this is the best and for most reliable ever SUV Toyota ever built to every families who owned one.. last but least I also have a cousin of mine had owned one since 2004 new Limited 4WD with over 300K and still hasn't slow a bit still running strong and very clean and love it..."

Second owner of SUV and very happy

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable travel for teens and adults - 8 total"

Cons: "MPG in town is low but worth travel!!"

"Great vehicle for an active person or growthing active family. Many vacations/ sport activities long and short haul. Comfortable for 8 adults with plenty of leg room and sleeping when traveling when chairs are lifted. Would buy Toyota again and recommend limited - top of line. Holds value and the quality is not comparable. Our top family pick and teens love."

Love this Car

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pros: "drives awesome. runs great. very reliable"

Cons: "can't use navigation while driving"

"I love my Toyota so much. Gets great traction in the snow. 4WD works flawlessly. No problems with this car. I love the way it drives. Fits my large family perfectly. Leather Holds up great. My favorite feature: Back Window Rolls Down. My Least Favorite Feature: Back Up Alarm is annoying when pulling a trailer"

This vehicle is a winner!

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Space, DVD system, realiability, towing, 4WD"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"We bought our 2005 Sequoia used in 2009. It had 51k miles. We've had no mechanical or electrical problems whatsoever. The Sequoia with DVD system is great for long roads trips, especially with kids. When our boys start fighting, we send one of them back to the 3rd row. Seating capacity of 8 is a real plus. We tow a 4200 pound camper with no problems. The 4WD has been a huge bonus for our Minnesota winters. Leather interior is mandatory with kids. Cleanup is SOOO much easier. One of the big benefits is the cargo room with the rear seats removed. We've hauled building materials both inside the SUV and using the roof rack. No need to rent the truck from Home Depot! This vehicle's got it all!"

Love My Sequoia

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Safe, Hauls my whole family!"

Cons: "Gas Mileage - which isn't that bad"

"Regardless of gas mileage, I find it hard to consider new cars when my 2003 is still in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier with the reliability, ride, maintenance and roominess this vehicle offers - Totally recommend"

Would recomend Sequoia to anyone

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

2002 Sequoia SR5

"Would recomend Sequoia to anyone in the market for an SUV"

2002 Sequoia SR5

The Swiss Army Knife of Vehicles

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "A True UTILITY vehicle! Love this vehicle"

Cons: "not fitting into a compact car parking spot"

"Have owned the 2003 4x4 Limited Toyota Sequoia since new. Reliability has be great. I call this the Swiss Army Knife of vehicles because anything short of a drag race, this vehicle can do. Kids, Dogs, Hiking, Camping, Tow a Boat, Moving Furniture, Soccer Practice, off road trails, haul mulch... I think you get the picture."

Excellent family car

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, safe, comfortable, convenient-great ride"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I wanted a Sequoia Limited for many years before we bought this one pre-owned a couple of years ago. I have not been disappointed! This vehicle has performed wonderfully in all kinds of weather conditions, including towing a good-sized RV. Obviously I wish it had better gas mileage, but the comfort, safety, and reliability far outweigh any concerns about gas mileage. The only time I had it in the shop was because I did not know how to operate the 4WD. It was working fine! This is a great car, I plan to drive a Sequoia forever!"

Great vehicle overall

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Great overall. The drive shaft U joints were completely rusted at 65k and had to be replace. Toyota will not sell the U joints separately; therefore, the entire drive shaft had to be changed big $. Also, the transmission slips and you feel a jerk at times upon stopping. There are times when turning, that the accelerator does not work (feels like reving the engine). Overall this is a great vehicle. My friends have many many many more issues with other makes of vehicles."

love my Sequoia

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"this vehichle is awesome... quality through out... still like brand new... well worth the price..."

Solid SUV

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Built to last"

Cons: "Bad tailgate handle, if you haven't replaced will"

"Car is solid, that is the only description I can think of. 120,000 miles no rattles, drives solid, no major defects, tons of room, reliable. I have no question that it will be reliable right through the 200K mark. Great car!"

First Toyota I have owned, and I love it.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, all purpose vehicle."

Cons: "parking in tight lots."

"First Toyota ever owned and I love it. thinking very serously about purchasing another Toyota product very soon. Added a K and N air filter and run full synthetic oil in everything and I get consitant 17mpg in city. Some may say WHAT, but those who know this is pretty good. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looling for a great SUV."