2005 Toyota Sequoia

9.4

Based on 556 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Love!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"Bought this car under a year old with 10k miles on it and have never had a problem. Routine oil changes, brakes, tires, and occasional tie rod ... and that is it. I installed an after market DVD system for my 5 kids and an IPOD player for me. Toyota recalled mine this summer and they spent a bunch of money rust proofing the undercarriage and spare tire plate. This SUV is nearly impossible for me to replace. I am starting to get the itch for a newer car with blue tooth and so on (and my family size has shrunk from 7 to 6 ish), but nothing out there has really grabbed my attention and demanded that I sell my Sequoia to get get something new. Acura MDX is about the only thing that has come close, and it is in a different category all together. In fact, I like my year Sequoia better than the current model. Looks like she and I will be together for a few more years!"

Excellent vehicle. Plows through the snow!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "High quality,"

Cons: "Had to replace the electronic brain ($800)"

"Overall a very good vehicle. We've owned this one for 4 yrs and love it. Lots of room with the 3rd row of seats. Toyotas are just excellent quality. We plan on keeping it at least another 4 yrs!"

Big Hunka' Machine

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable, good on the fly 4WD,"

Cons: "Gas Milage, up front cost"

"We got our 2001 Sequoia with about 30K miles on it and have driven the wheels off of it several times. The ride is smooth and quiet on the highway and even the back seats are comfortable for full sized adults. When we first got it we could sometimes squeek out 20mpg on the freeway, but has the years have gone by we average around 14mpg. We did have to replace the coil packs at around 175K, but other than that and routine maintenence we've not had any problems with it. We will be downsizing soon for gas milage but havn't decided what we are going to get yet. It won't be another Sequoia simply because we don't have that kind of money this time around."

Great Family Vehicle-Crash Tested

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Safety, Comfort, Reliabilty"

Cons: "Mileage"

"I bought this vehicle for three reasons... 1. Growing family 2. Reliability 3. Safety. It has lived up to all three expectations. I found out a large oak tree jumped in front of the truck during a white-out snow storm two years ago when I got a frantic call from my wife saying truck doesn't look so good but her and the kids were all fine. All were wearing seat belts and suffered only bruises. Tree made it all the way to the dash-board but truck held up. I immediately starting looking for the same vehicle to purchase again. I wouldn't put my family in anything less."

Love the comfort and reliability

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "Uses a lot of gas"

"It has been a great SUV. Large and spacious. Uses a lot of gas, but that what you expect with a V8. Had no serious problems."

Nice truck

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

"Never a problem"

Worth the money

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Had a 1997 4Runner and upgraded to the Sequoia after the 3rd child. Holding all 4 kids comfortably traveling anywhere in any condition, especially snow and winter weather. Bought it with 40k miles and currently rolled 91k on the ODO. Do the maintainence and it will last for 250k easy. Performance and everyday driving is top notch. Watch out for trickly things like the brake fluid levels and VSC lights. There's a lot of "smarts" in the truck. Minor things can cause lots of warning lights - so read up on the details / forums. Next step is the Land Cruiser once the kids get older......."

The Best SUV!!

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"This is the best full size SUV on the market. The resale value is very high and the reliability is remarkable. I have owned 2 4-runners in the past and needed to purchase a bigger vehicle to accomadate my growing family. After testing out many other full size SUV's on the market there was no comparason to the Saqouia. I own a 2006 with 24,000 miles and have not had to put a dime into this vehicle in the 2 years that I've owned it. Other than scheduled maintainance. What can I say it's a Toyota."

2004 Limited 4wheel drive

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"SUV was purchased in 2004 new with extended warranty. Has 36K miles. Low maintenance and cost. Recall 2007 for front ball joints. Had to report Toyota to NHSTB to get the ball joints done! Driven to tri- states from california. Seats 7 comfortably. Front leather driver seat replaced by toyota because of cracking. One tire wearing on Dunlop ATV20 tires recently based on recall issue of ball joints. Toyota refuses to replace tire! Only have used 4 wheel drive once when stuck in sand at camp site. Blew out fuse in cigaretee lighter and lost use of power mirrors but toyota covered it. Fuse was replaced. Drives smooth and like a tank. Nickname " the White Beast". Added FM satellite and excellent sound system from JBL speakers. Replaced front breaks at 28k. Emergency parkiing adjusted twice. Very good vehicle. Would recommend with extended warranty. No problems from DVD player"

Love this truck

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, reliable, easy to drive"

Cons: "a bit low on the gas mileage"

"It is so roomy and rides wonderfully. I have had it 7 years, and it was three years old when I bought it. It has been a dream to maintain, nothing major-just the regular scheduled maintenance. I would definitely buy another if I still needed the room."