1992 Toyota Regular Cab

Based on 500 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Great pickup for 1-2 person activities

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Absolutely a great truck for 1-2 to ride around it. It goes everywhere, never quits, takes tons of abuse and it's fun to drive. However, the back seat is way to small for anything besides small children. I've done a long road trip with 4-college guys in it but I have to say that it wasn't a fun ride. The best part is that ever when something goes wrong with it it's usually still able to get you safely home and to the repair shop. I can't stress enough how much I love this truck. The only thing that could make it better would be if it was the diesel version available over sees. You Tube Top Gear Killing a toyota to see what I mean."

custom rims, custom stereo with amp and subwoofer,

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "people comment almost daily on condition"

Cons: "cup holder is a little loose,couple dings,no dents"

"great condition in and out. everything works, newer cylinder head and valve train, metal timing guide and chain,new muffler,rotors,pads."

This truck is a beast...it's never broken down.

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Not much power"

"That 22R motor just keeps going and going and going. Not a lot of power since mines a 4X4 but I've never been stuck in snow of sand. Good mileage with this 4 banger. Rust is my only issue but it's almost 20 years old!"

The perfect small pickup, but ......

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable and economical."

Cons: "Frame rots out"

"Bought the truck new and put 260k miles on it. 22RE engine is great. Took good care of it and it took good care of me. Averaged 33 (highway) miles per gallon and still had original clutch. Changed oil and filter every 5k miles, new brakes and tires every 90k. Overall the very best reliable and economical truck I've ever owned. Now the bad.... Noticed frame started to rust after about 5 years (even after original dealer undercoating). Holes started to appear after 7 years. By the 18th year the frame was so rotten, it cracked in half. Toyota would not do anything because their frame recall started for 1995 models (mine was 1994 model). It broke my heart. This little truck could have easily gone another 200k miles without much effort. Too bad Toyota does not still make this model with a better frame, I'd easily buy another. With proper care, engine and drivetrain will last a long time but frame rot is a common problem (due to faulty frame manufacture) and will kill it before anything else."

22MPG HWY, Great reliability, Best 4WD performance

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "GREAT reliability and reasonable gas mileage."

Cons: "Small seat capacity."

"Have owned this truck since new, uses no oil, had to replace the clutch at 120K miles (because of slipping the clutch when pulling my pontoon boat out of the water and up a steep ramp), new radiator at 130K miles and new shocks at 146K miles. Other than that, only routine maintenance i.e.: oil change, new plugs and wires,etc. The 4WD works like a charm in snow and off road. This has been a great little truck and I hope to drive it thousands of miles more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals