2012 Toyota RAV4

Based on 702 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Excellent, reliable vehicle, worth its money

By on Monday, July 4, 2016

"third rav4, no problems with any, very reliable, you get your full money's worth, peppy, fun to drive, feel safe inside, will consider new rav4 when ready to move up!"

BEST EVER VEHICLE

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Suv for the gas of a shoe box"

"Own this Suv since 2/8/10 and it is great.Gas milage is 25-26 mpg city with a/c and 30 mpg hwy truck does not know what the dealer is.Both my wife a I love this suv.We have the 180 hp 4 cyl and has more than ample power getting on hwy."

My favorite vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "Great power V6 power! Plenty of room! Great looks!"

Cons: "No bluetooth in the Limited with Nav."

"I drive a 2009 Rav4 V6 Limited. This is by far the best car I've ever driven. I was driving a 2005 Corolla XRS (which is also really fun) but a job change required a longer commute and I no longer wanted to drive a manual car. I detail cars as a hobby and I needed something with the rear space for all my gear without sacrificing the back seat. Out of all of the SUVs this size, the Rav4 had the most functional space back there. The spare tire being on the back made it possible to have a HUGE pit in the back which allowed me plenty of room to bring everything I need with me. Some may not like the spare tire back there or the fact the door opens toward the curb, but I really don't care. If it were a hatch then they wouldn't have been able to put the tire back there. The fact it opens to the curb doesn't bother me either. It means the door handle is on the driver side, which makes it super convenient for me to get into it when I get out of the car. I've never had a problem with the direction the door opens, but I guess some people gotta complain about something. I love the ride height in this car. It is higher than a car, but not like a full sized SUV. It is just perfect for me. I never bottom out on anything and it is plenty high enough to clear a curb if you needed to drive over one. Someone thought this out well. The power is awesome. The 4 banger can't even get out of its own way, let alone anybody else. The V6 has plenty of power to get me on and off the freeway without fearing the guy coming up the right lane at 90 mph is going to kill me. I know it says 0-60 in less than 7 seconds, but I'd say it is significantly less. We aren't talking about GTR 3.5 second speeds or anything, but it is quick. And the fact I get 25mpg on a regular basis makes it even better. I was lucky to get that from my 99 Integra GSR and this has significantly more power and is heavier. They've done a good thing with this motor. I'm a tall guy (6'1") and I've got plenty of room inside. I've also got bad knees, so having them scrunched up in the car is a bad thing. No problems here. Even when I have the seat where I need it for my height there is still plenty of space in the second row. This car has been perfect as far as space goes. We went on a family road trip last summer and logged nearly 2000 miles in this car and it was great. 3 kids in the back and me and my wife up front and nobody was too close or too squished. Plenty of room in the back for everything we needed to keep them busy. Plus we were pulling a tent trailer the whole time. We went from Salt Lake City down to the Grand Canyon, across to 4 Corners, then up through Moab back to SLC. No problems whatsoever and that is some serious altitude changes on that trip. It's an awesome power wagon with great space and comfort. I love the body style to this car. It is just right. The changes they made from 2008 to 2009 were spot on. I just love it. As I said, I detail cars, so I get my hands all over so many cars every year that I can't even count. Of course I'd love a Cayenne or an X5 or something like that, but I don't like any of their shapes more than the Rav4 and the interiors aren't set up for what I need it for. There isn't a 'best' for everybody, but this car is definitely the best for me in my stage of life with the things I need it to do. Whatever you do, don't buy the four cylinder version of this car. It has the space, but none of the power. And definitely get one that gives you the keyless doors and push button start. That is an awesome feature. The only thing the SPORT gives you that the LIMITED doesn't are features you can easily add on yourself. It has a stiffer ride and will cost you more to replace the tires on the larger rims. You can get the SAP with the spare tire delete, but it isn't worth it. Get the LIMITED with the keyless start and you'll be so happy you did."

Good value for money

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Roomy & good to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage & road noise on highways"

"I bought a certified 2011 RAV4 in Jul-12 based on strong recommendation from some of my buddies in the Middle East. I should say I am not disappointed overall. While the SUV handles itself well on the highways, the road noise is on the higher side & gas mileage is less than expected (19mpg city & 22mpg highway). Considering to trade it in for a Mazda CX5 or Acura RDX soon."

Best car ever!

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "great acceleration, utility (hauling, traveling)"

Cons: "they don't make the V6 anymore"

"This car has been perfect: safe, great handling, can tow a boat, move us across the country, etc. In general I see a car as simple transportation, but I LOVE my RAV with the V6."