2012 Toyota RAV4

Based on 645 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Most reliable vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "Utilitarian, economical, practical for family life"

Cons: "Seats could be more plush."

"I bought this vehicle new because I had three small grandkids who wanted to hang out with me on the weekends and my small car was a little tight for that. I researched small SUVs and found that the Toyota Rav 4 seemed perfect for me. I have found that not only the interior capacity is perfect but also my Rav 4 is exceptionally reliabile. The only thing I've done is go for regular milestone maintenance. It drives like a dream. Very comfortable and drives like a car which is what I am used to. Another bonus from having a car like drive is the ability to see what's ahead of me more easily since I am sitting higher up. I would highly recommend this vehicle due to it's reliability."

Dependable

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, stereo system, fun to drive"

Cons: "no Sirius radio"

"This has been one of the most dependable vehicles I've ever owned. It's also a fun vehicle, with a great stereo system, bluetooth for my cell and the moon roof. It handles more like a car than a truck."

Love for Toyota

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "fold down seats, great sound for factory speakers,"

Cons: "Non this far"

"I bought this vehicle in November. I sold my Toyota Tacoma 4X4 for this car. Over all I am very pleased with my purchase. I love the room that the vehicle has. I have taken it on two road trips and it was a comfortable ride! I love the power it has. Don't step on the gas, If you gently hit the gas then once its going it goes! I have taken it on a dirt road. It handled very nicely, did not fish tail or slide around. I was very impressed with this because its not 4X4. Over all I love my new car. It took some getting use to, but I am pleased with my purchase. Now the real truth how many miles with this car drive~!~!"

good maneuvering

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "easy to drive"

Cons: "freezing windows"

"Ready to trade in my lease and I really enjoy this SUV. It drives and handles well, ( I am a fast driver) V6. Snow is no problem with the 4WD and height of vehicle. Materials inside are a bit cheap in my limited. Sight lines are good, storage adequate. Side opening rear door is really not an issue, and the exterior full size spare tire leaves more interior room. Cons: windows and doors freeze shut constantly, moonroof very noisy when open (needs optional shield) mileage not the best but ok. Brakes noise in rainy conditions. The 2013 changed completely which leaves me in a quandary. No V6, spare is tiny and takes storage room away, NO 4WD. AWD is only opton. 2015 is no better for my likes."

Simple, powerful and dependable

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "Power, fun to drive, boxy looks, dependable"

Cons: "Interior is simple and has cheap plastic."

"I own a 2012 Rav4 limited V6 4WD. I love to drive this car because of good acceleration, pickup & speed. The driving position is also very commanding and visibility is good. I don't have any strong dislikes just that the interior could be better considering what current cars like san fe, escape etc has. And some time road noise is little bit more but not bothersome. Because of the power, it makes easy to pass other vehicles on road. If I were to trade in my car for a new car (not till 100k miles), I would definitely go for bigger & better san fe or highlander."