2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 705 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

I LOVE it!!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, hauls a lot of cargo, great safety f"

Cons: "rims rust, multiple recalls"

"My first NEW car and I'm 60. Love the way back hatch swings out from the side. I get a lot of requests from strangers to tell them how much I like this car. Roomy interior, comfortable seats, great for hauling loads when seats are folded down. Tire rims began to rust around nuts first year though and Toyota could do nothing to fix. Also, this car has had3-4 recalls on it. All fixed promptly though and no safety issues. I wish I could give one to my daughter."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "An exrtremely dependable vehicle, reasonable price"

"This vehicle is the most dependable auto that I have ever owned (my 14th vehicle - ranging from 1953 Ford Fairlane to BMW 528). I have had fewest problems with the RAV4, will probably buy another as soon as I have all the reviews on a 2013 model."

great car except in the snow

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "perfect size, easy to drive"

Cons: "does not handle well in snow"

"I have a 2WD. Love it except for driving in snow or bad weather. Since it is light, it does not drive well at all in bad weather. If you live anywhere you get snow, I suggest a 4WD or AWD."

Fun & Sporty!

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"I recently purchased a 2010 Rav4 Sport V6 4x4 (without the spare tire on the back) and absolutely love it! I test drove the Honda CRV first and as soon as I test drove the Toyota Rav4, the choice was clear. The V6 made a huge difference in terms of performance and was worth paying a little more for. The Honda CRV had no spunk since it's only available in a 4 cylinder. Plus, the styling of the Toyota Rav4 is much more sportier than the Honda CRV. I opted for the cloth seats, which I was a little worried about at first since my previous car had leather. Surprisingly, the cloth seats are very plush and comfortable. The only feature I wish it had are automatic door locks once you start the car (or reach over 5 miles an hour) and a way to unlock the trunk from inside the car rather than just on the smart key. Other than that, I have no complaints about this car so far!"

A BIG FLOP

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"BAD POINTS 1]THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE SHUTS OFF AT 25 MPH 2] WHERE IS THE 25 TO 28 MPH,HOW ABOUT 19 MPH 3] CANT OPERATE THE RADIO WHEN IT ABOVE 90 DEGREES OUTSIDE,BUT OF COURSE IT WORKS WHEN YOU BRING IT IN FOR SERVICE 4] THE SEATS ARE A JOKE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS 6" 2. GOOD POINTS-THE LOOKS"