2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 708 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

best suv

By on Monday, March 24, 2008

"Compared to my 99 honda crv, you can't top the 2008 rav4. I have owned several honda's, there great cars but alot of road noise. Also I have owned toyota's but they are much better handling ans the ride is smooth less road noise compare to the honda's I've have owned. Even the new 08's honda's have alot of road noise. This 08 rav4 rides like a sedan, cuts through corners with very little body lean, great horsepower for a 4 cyl. Great gas mileage, good interior space. I would highly recommend this suv compared to other suvs for the price, handling etc......"

Excellent Choice

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I looked for a year to replace my minivan since my children are now grown & gone. I have always bought American cars, but just couldn't find anything that met my needs. I bought the '06 Limited 2 wheel drive with the V6. It flies like the wind, and gets ~25mpg around the city and ~29mph highway. It has a great sound system and lots of room for hauling everything I need to. There is great legroom in the back seat which is very hard to find in most cars. I don't like that I have to get the oil changed at the dealer since they haven't released the oil filter to the aftermarket. This makes my routine maintenance slow and overly expensive. The seats get a little uncomfortable near the end of a long trip, but all in all I love it."

Really like it!

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Handling, esp in snow and slippery conditions."

Cons: "Really wish it had a driver side arm rest."

"My first Toyota. Very happy overall with car. Annoying number of recalls to have it checked for. I usually wait until I get several before I even bother to take it, as all has been fine. I do take it to my own mechanic as I feel the dealer is not only overpriced but keeps recommending I have things done that both myself and my mechanic feel can either wait on or do not need at all."

I LOVE it!!!

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, hauls a lot of cargo, great safety f"

Cons: "rims rust, multiple recalls"

"My first NEW car and I'm 60. Love the way back hatch swings out from the side. I get a lot of requests from strangers to tell them how much I like this car. Roomy interior, comfortable seats, great for hauling loads when seats are folded down. Tire rims began to rust around nuts first year though and Toyota could do nothing to fix. Also, this car has had3-4 recalls on it. All fixed promptly though and no safety issues. I wish I could give one to my daughter."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "An exrtremely dependable vehicle, reasonable price"

"This vehicle is the most dependable auto that I have ever owned (my 14th vehicle - ranging from 1953 Ford Fairlane to BMW 528). I have had fewest problems with the RAV4, will probably buy another as soon as I have all the reviews on a 2013 model."

great car except in the snow

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "perfect size, easy to drive"

Cons: "does not handle well in snow"

"I have a 2WD. Love it except for driving in snow or bad weather. Since it is light, it does not drive well at all in bad weather. If you live anywhere you get snow, I suggest a 4WD or AWD."

Fun & Sporty!

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"I recently purchased a 2010 Rav4 Sport V6 4x4 (without the spare tire on the back) and absolutely love it! I test drove the Honda CRV first and as soon as I test drove the Toyota Rav4, the choice was clear. The V6 made a huge difference in terms of performance and was worth paying a little more for. The Honda CRV had no spunk since it's only available in a 4 cylinder. Plus, the styling of the Toyota Rav4 is much more sportier than the Honda CRV. I opted for the cloth seats, which I was a little worried about at first since my previous car had leather. Surprisingly, the cloth seats are very plush and comfortable. The only feature I wish it had are automatic door locks once you start the car (or reach over 5 miles an hour) and a way to unlock the trunk from inside the car rather than just on the smart key. Other than that, I have no complaints about this car so far!"

A BIG FLOP

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"BAD POINTS 1]THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE SHUTS OFF AT 25 MPH 2] WHERE IS THE 25 TO 28 MPH,HOW ABOUT 19 MPH 3] CANT OPERATE THE RADIO WHEN IT ABOVE 90 DEGREES OUTSIDE,BUT OF COURSE IT WORKS WHEN YOU BRING IT IN FOR SERVICE 4] THE SEATS ARE A JOKE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS 6" 2. GOOD POINTS-THE LOOKS"

Low maintenance, fun to drive vehicle.

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Good HP, fun to drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Width too narrow"

"I have a 2007, V6 limited edition. Vehilce is very quick and lots of room for it's size, just a little narrow. Vehicle is also low maintenance and at 90,000 miles still runs like new. The V6 with 269 HP is quick and fun to drive. My only complaint is that the vehicle is too narrow. Needs to be about another 2-3 inches wider (need more elbow room). Also,get's good gas mileage, even with the V6 engine. A good choice if you are single or have a small family. Would not recommend for a large family."

Love the Toyota Rav 4, 4 cylinder, 4x4 AWD ......

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

Cons: "Needs lower gear and better interior."

"My gas mileage is averaging 24 with air conditioning. Since I have changed the transmission fluid and differential grease to synthetic and have not needed air conditioning in the last two weeks, my mileage has went up to 26.2-3 . I also like being able to put this vehicle in 4x4 and it will not come out until you reach a speed of 35 mile an hour. It is also automatic 4x4. It will be in t\front wheel drive until a wheel slips and them the 4 wheel kicks in. I do wish the interior was a little better, I have the base model. I also wish it had a lower crawling gear, low is OK but needs to be lower."