2009 Toyota RAV4

Based on 712 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Great for long trips and camping

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I love this vehicle! This was my first SUV that I have bought. I researched others with comparable "extras" and nothing compared in price and gas mileage! I also got a great deal because I was able to negotiate. I have taken now 2 trips back and forth that required 4-5 hours of driving each way and I loved it! I had 3 other people with me that said it was one of the nicest smoothest SUV's they had ever been in. Also when you are looking at SUV's make sure you look at torque because if you don’t have enough torque for the engine you will get that jerk when you accelerate. This SUV works out great for me, and I love the bluetooth capability!"

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fun to drive but oil consumption is horrible.

By on Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Could be quieter."

"Have enjoyed driving the car and it has been fairly reliable. It is comfortable, tracks well in snow and has a great view of the road. Averages about 27 miles to the gallon. Have had all service done at the dealership from which it was purchased according to schedule. Oil consumption has become intolerable. Has used over 6 quarts of oil since last oil change (about 5000 miles). Dealer is quoting over 3000 to rebuild the engine. Toyota will not provide any assistance for the problem but has offered 500 as a good will gesture toward any future repairs. They made it clear that the 500 was not specifically for this problem but could be used for it."

Good fun to drive!

By on Sunday, January 21, 2018

Pros: "Performance"

Cons: "The rear door still swings open."

"Performance is excellent; car is quick, fast and handles like a dream. Has never achieved the mpg that Toyota advertised; I average 25 mpg and they claimed 28 mpg. Still not bad for a really useful SUV that accommodates my 9 foot kayak (with passenger seat folded back) and is a great companion for yard sailing."

My seventh Toyota, best one ever.

By on Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Pros: "Power, reliability, MPG, headroom, comfort"

Cons: "Gas tank too small"

"I purchased this vehicle new and picked it up off the truck on 9/13/2010. It just turned 57,000 miles. I bought the basic model with the V-6. The interior layout is very comfortable. In over seven years, I have had no mechanical problems. Most impressive feature of the vehicle is its power. Weather merging into traffic or just accelerating it is unbeatable. The MPG is outstanding. On a 750 mile trip at 70 MPH, it averaged 28.5 MPG. For local driving it gets around 25 MPG. If I had a complaint it would be that that gas tank is too small."