2007 Toyota RAV4

Based on 706 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Excellent, reliable vehicle, worth its money

By on Monday, July 4, 2016

"third rav4, no problems with any, very reliable, you get your full money's worth, peppy, fun to drive, feel safe inside, will consider new rav4 when ready to move up!"

BEST EVER VEHICLE

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Suv for the gas of a shoe box"

"Own this Suv since 2/8/10 and it is great.Gas milage is 25-26 mpg city with a/c and 30 mpg hwy truck does not know what the dealer is.Both my wife a I love this suv.We have the 180 hp 4 cyl and has more than ample power getting on hwy."

My favorite vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "Great power V6 power! Plenty of room! Great looks!"

Cons: "No bluetooth in the Limited with Nav."

"I drive a 2009 Rav4 V6 Limited. This is by far the best car I've ever driven. I was driving a 2005 Corolla XRS (which is also really fun) but a job change required a longer commute and I no longer wanted to drive a manual car. I detail cars as a hobby and I needed something with the rear space for all my gear without sacrificing the back seat. Out of all of the SUVs this size, the Rav4 had the most functional space back there. The spare tire being on the back made it possible to have a HUGE pit in the back which allowed me plenty of room to bring everything I need with me. Some may not like the spare tire back there or the fact the door opens toward the curb, but I really don't care. If it were a hatch then they wouldn't have been able to put the tire back there. The fact it opens to the curb doesn't bother me either. It means the door handle is on the driver side, which makes it super convenient for me to get into it when I get out of the car. I've never had a problem with the direction the door opens, but I guess some people gotta complain about something. I love the ride height in this car. It is higher than a car, but not like a full sized SUV. It is just perfect for me. I never bottom out on anything and it is plenty high enough to clear a curb if you needed to drive over one. Someone thought this out well. The power is awesome. The 4 banger can't even get out of its own way, let alone anybody else. The V6 has plenty of power to get me on and off the freeway without fearing the guy coming up the right lane at 90 mph is going to kill me. I know it says 0-60 in less than 7 seconds, but I'd say it is significantly less. We aren't talking about GTR 3.5 second speeds or anything, but it is quick. And the fact I get 25mpg on a regular basis makes it even better. I was lucky to get that from my 99 Integra GSR and this has significantly more power and is heavier. They've done a good thing with this motor. I'm a tall guy (6'1") and I've got plenty of room inside. I've also got bad knees, so having them scrunched up in the car is a bad thing. No problems here. Even when I have the seat where I need it for my height there is still plenty of space in the second row. This car has been perfect as far as space goes. We went on a family road trip last summer and logged nearly 2000 miles in this car and it was great. 3 kids in the back and me and my wife up front and nobody was too close or too squished. Plenty of room in the back for everything we needed to keep them busy. Plus we were pulling a tent trailer the whole time. We went from Salt Lake City down to the Grand Canyon, across to 4 Corners, then up through Moab back to SLC. No problems whatsoever and that is some serious altitude changes on that trip. It's an awesome power wagon with great space and comfort. I love the body style to this car. It is just right. The changes they made from 2008 to 2009 were spot on. I just love it. As I said, I detail cars, so I get my hands all over so many cars every year that I can't even count. Of course I'd love a Cayenne or an X5 or something like that, but I don't like any of their shapes more than the Rav4 and the interiors aren't set up for what I need it for. There isn't a 'best' for everybody, but this car is definitely the best for me in my stage of life with the things I need it to do. Whatever you do, don't buy the four cylinder version of this car. It has the space, but none of the power. And definitely get one that gives you the keyless doors and push button start. That is an awesome feature. The only thing the SPORT gives you that the LIMITED doesn't are features you can easily add on yourself. It has a stiffer ride and will cost you more to replace the tires on the larger rims. You can get the SAP with the spare tire delete, but it isn't worth it. Get the LIMITED with the keyless start and you'll be so happy you did."

Best car ever!

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "great acceleration, utility (hauling, traveling)"

Cons: "they don't make the V6 anymore"

"This car has been perfect: safe, great handling, can tow a boat, move us across the country, etc. In general I see a car as simple transportation, but I LOVE my RAV with the V6."

Sport V6 116,000 miles Fantastic car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Reliable and running strong all these miles later. Very safe car and really fun (fast) to drive. Like the full time 4wd, JBL stereo (paid extra for) sunroof. Low maintanence with no major problems at all. Would not hesitate to buy another one. Won't need to anytime soon though as this one just keeps keepin' on like she was brand new."

Surprisingly roomy and comfortable-no frills

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "roomy, comfortable, reliable,"

Cons: "city MPG,"

"We bought this SUV because we needed a reliable, affordable vehicle for traveling from FL to TN a few times a year and we've been very happy. It has plenty of room for my wife and I plus our 45 pound dog. It's comfortable on long car rides and the 4cyl has enough power to merge into speeding traffic. The only negatives are that we only get around 23MPG city-I was hoping for 25 with it being a 4cyl. Also, it's not a luxury vehicle, the interior has hints of cheapness. This thing is incredibly roomy inside for it's size. I've hauled everything from plants to 1,000 pounds of lumber-I don't recommend this. Overall, we're very happy."

Super efficient and reliable

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, mpg averages 25+mpg (129000 miles)"

"My Rav4 is a 2002. I purchased it when it had 92,000 miles on it. That was 4.5 years ago. It has been reliable beyond belief. I LOVE the wide opening back door (forget those lift-up hacthbacks). And I wasn't afraid to buy it with 92,000 miles on it because it's a Toyota. It's my 5th Toyota. And I've owned Ford, Nissan, Mazda in the past also."

2006 Rav4 Sport

By on Monday, October 19, 2009

"I love my Rav4, which is saying a lot because I have had a slew of problems reflecting poor workmanship. I am on my third multi-cd changer stereo. The first was broken when I drove it off the lot. The second had a short. Luckily, all on warranty. I was also one of the unfortunate Rav 4 owners to find a floorboard leak evidenced by 2 inches of water on the front passenger side of the vehicle. After some ridiculously bad customer service I ultimately had it repaired under warranty including new carpet. I was also lucky to have felt the steering problem coming on in the first 15,000 miles. I complained at every major service and finally at 53,000 miles they were able to diagnose the problem as a boot that was not positioned properly. Fortunately I had it well documented and they made the repair on warranty. The estimate I received, for anyone considering paying for the repair was $775. The one remaining problem I struggle with is the slow acceleration, especially when the engine is cold. I was sure to complain about this problem throughout my major services. So, if there is every a solution, hopefully that will be covered too. The short story if you're considering a used Rav 4 is that it's a great car. Just be sure to buy one that has had all of the known problems repaired prior to your purchase! Now that everything is in good working order I love driving my Rav4!"

Rav4 Sport

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"This vehicle is the real deal! The combination of power it provides and the mileage it gets are unparallelled in any other that I've driven. The backseat has plenty of room to stretch out my 6'2" frame. My only complaint is that the driving position is a bit tight for me. My smaller wife loves to drive it....everywhere. So much so that we need a 50K warranty. This one will be up in a year and a half!"

Great, low-maintenance SUV, w/ total versatility

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "inexpensive to run, great features and versatility"

Cons: "cheap plastic dash, known issues to Toyota in TSB."

"I love my RAV4 it's as close to perfection as any car I've ever owned. I'm a very picky car owner. I'm picky with how a vehicle handles, how ergonomic the interior is, picky about the economy, and picky about how it's engineered, picky when I find out the manufacturer's short-cuts. There are only a few things I would change about my RAV4 - more insulation to make it ride quieter, better dash/door panel plastics would feel more high-quality, and a more rigid chassis to keep it feeling sturdier on rough roads.I wish there were a MAX A/C button on my auto climate control and a 110v outlet. For engineering aspects, considering this is a first year of a new model, its short-comings are pretty low, but irritating, nonetheless. The valve cover has a design fault that causes it burn oil (about 1 qt every 3k miles) which I don't consider okay, but apparently every car company does. hmph! And, the when making sharp turns at low speeds, the steering wheel makes a click/clunk sound that you can feel through the wheel. It's not dangerous as far as I have researched, but annoying and kinda expensive to repair. Also, Toyota releases Technical Service Bulletins to Toyota Service, but does not inform customers to alert them to check if they have any known symptoms, so now those items when noticed are often out of warranty. Other than that - I bought the car at 69k miles 3 years ago, and it hasn't really depreciated much since then with all the added mileage. It's often confused for a Lexus. The interior is very spacious, and I can fit into tight spots with little effort. It drives over curbs, rocks, bumps easily (mine is 2wd) and takes me through rough Baja roads on my long road trips. I can fit a ton of cargo. I average mid-20s city/highway mix, and I drive fast and rough. 30 on freeway at 60 mph. Engine oil, transmission, brake fluids and pads/rotors, tire rotations, air and cabin air filters are the only maintenance it needs. Oh and plugs at 100k. My 528i was a beautiful car, but a pain to own in many ways. This RAV4 if downright angelic compared to the Bimmer."