1996 Toyota RAV4

Based on 300 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Sad to see 'er go!

By on Sunday, September 7, 2008

"This has been my best-est friend through thick winters and thin summers! I bought my Rav when I went off to college in '99 (across a mountain range from my parents) and it has been a complete trooper! I've had to do nothing but replace her tires over ten years and I really don't believe she has any intention of slowing down or giving way! She is fantastic in rough terrain, quick up and down hills (which we have a lot of in WA state) and awesome fuel economy! I have been so incredibly impressed with the reliability that I bought another Toyota as a present to myself for landing a great new job (an '07 Camry) and plan to sell my Rav. She will definitely make a great friend to someone else..."

Rav 4

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"I went through the worst snow storm I had ever been in last winter. It never gave me a moments problem. The previous owner didn't take care of the engine so it smokes at start up but doesn't smoke while running. It now has 123000 miles on it and maybe at 150000 I might think about trading it in on a new rav. It doesn't have much power on a hill. I'm 6 foot and I would have liked the seat to go back a little further. I still would recommend this car to anyone."

Served me well

By on Thursday, August 28, 2008

"This car is reliable!! It's small, but holds the road well and is easy to drive. Would be xlint for a beginner. I've driven my Rav4 over 80K miles, it had 63K when I purchased and I've had very few problems. I purchased a larger, comfortable Hyundai Santa Fe from my sister, but I'm still driving my Rav 4! I would definitely recommend this car!"

The smallest decent off roader

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"An excellent small off-roading vehicle, if you have the all-wheel drive. I'm not talking about boulder climbing, just getting to remote camping and climbing spots. Excellent clearance for such a small vehicle. The engine is on the side of good fuel economy, not power or acceleration. In later models it seems Toyota was able to increase power and still maintain good gas mileage. Seats are not too comfortable for multi-week road trips or daily long commutes. Typical toyota reliability-excellent!"

By on Thursday, August 14, 2008