2011 Toyota Prius

Based on 410 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

My Prius Rocks!

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Relaxing and fun to drive"

Cons: "Backup visibility is poor so get the backup camera"

"I love my Prius and will get another one ASAP! While my Prius can go as fast as any car I tend to drive slower now as I am never in a hurry and which gets me better mileage. Now I let all the other drivers waste their money and get frustrated!"

Best Hybrid on the market

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "greaat mileage, great features"

Cons: "I am not crazy about the console between the seats"

"Bought this care during the "cash for clunkers" in 2009. I had researched the Prius and knew I wanted one. I bought this car and the wife fell in love with it. This is the first new car we have ever owned but will not be the last Prius we own. While other dealers are hyping up the mileage on their hybrids and they are falling short, the Prius gets what Toyota says it will and then some. Great to be able to fill up for $20 to $30 at the pump."

Hate this car!

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "I like the color and mileage"

Cons: "way too many to list. See the review for details"

"Worst purchase I've ever made in my life. I paid a lot of money for this new car. It is a cheaply constructed car. Seems that Toyota cuts corners in construction to make the car lighter so it gets better mileage. There are so many rattles, buzzes, and shaking noises, all the time, literally. I've stopped taking it to the dealer to try and fix, after taking it in FIVE times to fix one glove compartment area rattle. This car has tremendous road noise. Definitely noisier than the 1997 Honda Accord, which I thought was pretty noisy. I can't stand the hatchback. You have to manually open and close it; no release button. So unless your car is clean all the time, your hands (or gloves) get dirty. I always stored a lot of stuff in the trunk of my previous cars. To hide anything in the Prius hatch area, you have to pull the cover and hook it. The vertical height with the cover on is pretty short. You can’t put a daypack in vertically; has to be laid down. Shopping bags barely fit. The bottom portion of the hatch window gets so dirty so fast. You have to manually wipe it to clean it; gas station wipers don't work. And "drive-through" car washes don't dry it. The windshield wiper on the upper portion of the hatch window only lifts up an inch or so. That makes it rather difficult to clean the outer portion of the window. The bar in middle of the hatch window obstructs the view. I actually feel unsafe driving sometimes, if the window is a bit dirty—and it doesn’t take much for it to get dirty enough to affect seeing out of it. You cannot adjust the rearview mirror for night driving. Supposedly it “auto” adjusts. Well, if your eyes are light sensitive as mine are, forget it. So I have bright headlights in my rearview mirror all the time. Want to listen to your fancy schmancy radio? Just try it! The dealer told me it’s a well-known issue for the Prius that the radio reception fades in and out a lot, and there is no fix for it. I live in a large metro area and it happens all the time. My Honda never had a problem with radio reception. I bought the very expensive extra package so I could have a sunroof. Mistake! The sunroof, when open at any distance, is so noisy! I’ve had sun roofs in all my cars and this is the noisiest. I rarely use it. I have never used the extra HD stuff that comes with the package. So, a total throwaway. Front window all fogged up? Well, wait 5 minutes for it to clear up enough to drive safely, with the defrost blasting at full speed. Literally, I have sat multiple times in a bus park and ride lot, at 11pm for 5 minutes before I could see enough to drive. The windows fog up way more easily than any other car I’ve driven. No idea why. Very frustrating. I typically drive with the rear defrost on, because otherwise the rear window tends to fog up. I’m the only person in the car. Shouldn’t fog up like that, especially when it’s not raining or humid. And why does Toyota think that I want the front defrost to always go on full blast??? If I don’t want that, I have to be ready to push the down arrow on the air volume to stop it at the level I want. I generally don’t need the defrost at full blast (except as noted above). The front end is so low to the ground, it doesn’t clear a lot of parking lot space curb dividers. I’ve given up trying to not scratch it."

I just love this car.

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Solar fan is great"

Cons: "Highbeam indicator on far right"

"This is my second Prius. I am totally delighted with this one. I have been averaging over 53 mph. I have been driving a Prius for over 8 1/2 years. Some slight repairs along the way. I just like them. Especially at the gas pump, it makes me smile. Enjoy the ride."

Better outside than inside

By on Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pros: "Gas mileage, good power, roomy interior"

Cons: "cheap plastic interior, rattles, creaks"

"Positives I really like the overall styling of the car, LOVE the solar roof, love the gas mileage, better than expected power, flexible interior for hauling odd items. Negatives The overall construction of the car is SO CHEAP. When you close a door it goes "boing" instead of "thunk". Air leaks around the driver door seals already. SO at 30,000 The interior is full of plastic that rattles and "creaks" esp console and doors. There's a rattle in the back seat on bumpy roads that the dealer refuses to fix. In the past 15 years I've owned two Hondas and two SAABs, none of them rattled even after 300k - huge step down from both Honda and SAAB in fit and finish) the upper glove box, slams open with no dampers, the synthetic cloth upholstery becomes abrasive over time, especially on the arm rests which turn to sandpaper.. I have "rug burn" on both my elbows from it. Door detents are not strong enough - bruised my my 84 year old mothers legs when the doors slammed shut on her in the wind. I've had all of them replaced, but this seems to be a weak spot in Toyotas in general. Interior storage is poorly laid out for small items, no cup holders in rear doors. The displays are outdated in terms of driver information. In my last Honda, it showed which door or hatch was open, rather than a generic "some door is open light". There is no indication of how long until the next service until it is already due. The "low fuel" indicator is just the last segment of the fuel gage blinking and comes on at 21 miles to empty. First of all it should be orange or red, and come on at 50 miles to empty. In many parts of the country, you might be a lot farther than 20 miles from a gas station."