"I was excited to own a Prius and going "green." For my surprise, at the end of 4 years the door locking mechanism started acting unpredictable. In two weeks time, both front doors actuators completely stopping work. Nothing else nothing more than $1000 to fix the problem. Due to the unusual nature of the problem in a new car, I contacted Toyota Corporation, whom offered no help to resolve this problem."
Cons: "LOUD, UNCOMFORTABLE, NO POWER, BORING TO DRIVE"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 3
"Pretty good mpg (42 overall) but a lot of road noise, which gets old after a couple of hours. Seats are OK but no comfortable places to rest your elbows, making for an uncomfortable trip taking machine. The power in the Prius is very disappointing. I recent drove a Lincoln MKZ that got 40+ mpg and launched like a rocket. I will probably be selling my Prius and putting the money into a better car that gets comparable mpg but is fun to drive, much quieter, and more comfortable for longer trips. Consider your better options before plopping down hard earned money on a Prius. There are many options these days in the 30+ and 40+ mpg categories which are much more fun to drive and offer excellent safety and reliability. Real mpg for everyday driving in this car is about 40...just so you know that the 50+ claimers are trying very hard to get those numbers, which are not good examples of normal driving styles."
"Very good car but has a few deficiencies:
1. Gas mileage very good, but not as advertised(got 45mpg on highway)
2. Car is noisy at speeds over 60 mph, even with engine turned off. Probably wind or road noise, but more insulation would have helped.
3. The car notices every little bump in the road.
4. The visor cannot be turned down when wearing gloves in the winter. (a small bend in the corner of the visor would have cost nothing and would have worked.
5. No compass (or if it has one, I still haven't found it.)"